• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN's John Saunders -- Passes Away at 61

Hasn't he been on TV recently? What did he die of?

That was what I was wondering too, I thought I had seen him recently. I can't find a cause of death. I always liked him, thoughts and prayers to his family.

Sad news. I enjoyed listening to him and watching him. Condolences to all his family and friends.

Yeah, he seemed like a low key and decent guy and very smooth as a studio host and good at whatever he did. Really sad news.

Shocking.

He was a pleasure to watch: personable, professional, knowledgeable, humble. One of the very best!

He was unusual for a big time ESPN guy. He was actually good, and across a variety of sports. He had no schtick, but he was great to watch. A loss for the industry.

That really sucks. Always enjoyed watching/listening to him.

RIP

He was unusual for a big time ESPN guy. He was actually good, and across a variety of sports. He had no schtick, but he was great to watch. A loss for the industry.

Agreed. Always good. Never a distraction.

Yeah, he seemed like a low key and decent guy and very smooth as a studio host and good at whatever he did. Really sad news.

Yeah, that was what I liked about him. He just seemed like a normal person on air, no fluff, no schtick, humble and low-key, but had a good personality for it. One of the better in studio hosts I've seen.

Yeah class act. You have to be to navigate the politics and big corp douchery of ESPN for 30 years without a blemish or bad word to your name.

One of the industry's best.

I'm sure I've missed a couple, but in the last year or two:

Stuart Scott passed away
John Saunders passed away
Mike Tirico to NBC
Skip Bayless to FOX (not that anyone will miss him though)_
Bill Simmons to HBO
Tom Jackson announced retirement

Yet Chris Berman is still there...

Nor a hockey player...can't ever recall him mentioning it in all the years I've heard him....

Are you guys being facetious? He talked about being Canadian and playing hockey tons of times, especially on The Sports Reporters.

From all corners, John Saunders seemed to be beloved by all those around him. A poster who knew him said how truly nice a man JS was.

He will be missed. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

RIP

Back