• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Everybody here should watch buzz's first ever interview

The only reason is because so many people here and in the AD criminally overrated that team. They sucked. It was our worst team between Staak and Bz.

Perhaps but that was the night our AD fell in love with Buzz

When he says "advaaaance" it makes me think of the Howard Stern movie when he keeps saying "WNNNNNNNNNBC".

hahahahaha, I don't know how your mind went there, but I'm glad it did, because it made me do a soft chuckle.

That interview was so sad. It was obvious that he sucked back then. The last 4 years were easily avoidable.

That interview was so sad. It was obvious that he sucked back then. The last 4 years were easily avoidable.

So true. It is beyond me how a Wellman could have sat in a room with him and had a conversation and even had a "hunch" he would be any good.

We all know that [Redacted] would look at that video and think, "NAILED it!"

And that is, and has been for the past 4 years, the problem.

Jeff [Redacted] is obviously certifiable, and so is the athletic director that hired him.

People who have bought tickets to, or contributed to, Wake basketball should be given their money back.

This is all on Wellman for hiring this idiot and enabling him at every move. A reasonable person could not spend 5 seconds with Bzz without getting the impression that the dude is a smug, arrogant SOB with no ability to relate to people. How on earth was he going to relate to recruits and the fanbase (from wealthy donors to students to dv7 etc.) in a way that would build a successful program?

It's astonishing how far Wellman's head was up his ass on this one.

That loss to Air Force has proven to be the worst loss in Wake Forest sports history.

Okay, so Jeff [Redacted] once beat an ACC team by 36 points when he was at Air Force. Has Jeff [Redacted] once beaten an ACC team by 36 points while at Wake Forest? Nope.

#smallsamplesize

Last edited:
how anyone could have looked at his resume and watched this interview (never mind the press conference) and think he had a shot at doing anything at wake forest (or anywhere) blows my mind. his hire was such a colossal f up that wellman really should not be allowed to make any more hires.

Back