• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Christ, are we debating what defines fascism again?

"Several of the unknown officers grabbed Johnson and dangled him over the bridge, yelling at Johnson to sign the confession or else he would be dropped off the bridge's edge. These actions, upon information and belief, were taken pursuant to a policy and/or custom of the City of Warner Robins. Fearing for his life and the fate of his family members, Johnson pled guilty to armed robbery and murder on December 11, 1987, in exchange for the death penalty."

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/11/09/exonerated-man-sues-the-state/75450716/

Well that's fucked up.

Protesting racism is not liberal!! You keep operating under the assumption that this was a "liberal" protest. Besides the fact that they were protesting racism, I'm not sure why would think that.

In regard to your purposefully off topic point, does anyone doubt that people who self-identify as liberal have a higher IQ than people who self-identify as conservative? And yet they still fight for the poor and uneducated. That's something to be admired

I give up. I didn't say that. unreal - dog whistles everywhere - liberal on

Protesting racism is not liberal!! You keep operating under the assumption that this was a "liberal" protest. Besides the fact that they were protesting racism, I'm not sure why would think that.

In regard to your purposefully off topic point, does anyone doubt that people who self-identify as liberal have a higher IQ than people who self-identify as conservative? And yet they still fight for the poor and uneducated. That's something to be admired

Yes.

Holy shit... Isn't it people that self identify as liberal who speak out against broad generalizations and stereotypes? The hypocrisy is real in this one.

Tuscaloosa police name 3 officers on leave after taped Tasing of student

One of the young men was taken outside the apartment and then hit with a Taser stun gun, and struck repeatedly with an officer's nightstick. Matthew Gimlin Macia, 22, of Johns Creek, Ga. was arrested on charges of obstructing governmental operations and resisting arrest; Brandon James Williford, 21, of Tennessee was arrested on charges of obstructing governmental operations, harassment and resisting arrest. Caroline Elizabeth Giddis, 22, of Tennessee was arrested on charges of obstructing governmental operations and harassment. All three are students.

Shootings by LAPD double in 'alarming' trend, police commission president says

Officers have opened fire 45 times this year, compared with 23 instances during the same period in 2014. Nineteen people have been killed by police gunfire, including a man shot earlier this week.

The number of times LAPD officers have shot suspects has fluctuated over the years, according to LAPD data reviewed by The Times. The number of fatal shootings so far this year is the highest since 2011, when 26 people were killed.

genereally people who self identify as liberal have a much better education in the humanities/soft sciences as their conservative peers.

All soft sciences use broad generalizations and, to some extent, stereotypes. Generalities can be made about cohorts of people. If that were not true the none of the social sciences would exist.

Last edited:
Every group of people has subsets that are less intelligent/wealthy/etc. Let's not assume that the group as a whole is a reflection of the less fortunate. That's one of the main points of this entire thread, no?

I agree and was having some fun, but still....

Holy shit... Isn't it people that self identify as liberal who speak out against broad generalizations and stereotypes? The hypocrisy is real in this one.

Obviously was speaking on the aggregate and not in an individual comparison, but there are a lot of studies that back this up.

Deacs89, why are you ducking my questions about what women can do to avoid being raped by cops?

Deacs89, why are you ducking my questions about what women can do to avoid being raped by cops?

As Bogie would say, "Of all the stupid questions, on all the stupid websites, you had to bring up this one..."

no I am ducking you because you are an idiot and your question illustrates that.

Your superior intellect should be able to easily dispense with such questions then. Let's hear it, what should citizens do when facing unlawful orders from police?

shouldn't you be busy neg rep'n people? that's your thing right?

Your superior intellect should be able to easily dispense with such questions then. Let's hear it, what should citizens do when facing unlawful orders from police?

So I think I may have over estimated the level of intelligence of some specifically PH and Townie on this board. To put things in context when I say comply with police to avoid a situation escalating it does not include allowing yourself to get raped or molested. I feel sad that I had to point that out. I do believe that if you are in a traffic stop and the police asks for your drivers licence or is placing you under arrest and you think he is wrong you may want to obey his orders instead of resisting arrest or fighting back. After get a lawyer and see what your options are. File a complaint.

But if you think it is better to argue with police or resist than please continue.

Also

So how does a woman not allow herself to get raped and molested by a cop and do so in a lawful manner? Refusing to have sex with a cop IS arguing with the cop. Refusing to have sex with a cop IS resisting. She can't kick him in the balls and run. She can't spray him with pepper spray. That's assaulting a police officer. And it's her word against his what led to the incident. Whose word would you believe?

Look at the encounter above. The cop has complete power to arrest the woman for resisting arrest if she doesn't comply. Or take the example of the cop who raped several illegal immigrant men because he knew they wouldn't come forward to file a complaint against a cop.

You still haven't answered the question.

Last edited:
latest

Back