• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

isn't it kind of a pain to reload a taser?

Reload?

gun-locker.gif

Tamir Rice Shooting: Clergy Calls for Prosecutor to Step Down

A letter has been sent to Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty calling for him to recuse himself and appoint an independent prosecutor in the controversial case. The clergy members are taking issue with McGinty's comments after a politically sponsored event last week.

McGinty, when informed that Rice's mother, Samaria Rice, wants a special prosecutor to oversee the case, told NBC affiliate WKYC that the family members are "interesting people" and "they have their own economic motives."

Prosecutor's response:

Prosecutor releases report, video of Tamir Rice shooting

How much is Cleveland spending on all these reports?

it's amazing how the clothes a person is wearing affect another person's perceptions. Look at the Milgram Experiment on Obedience to Authority Figures, which was done in the wake of german atrocities in WWII so as to better understand how such a thing like the holocaust could happen. His conclusion was that the very same thing could happen in the U.S., or any industrialized country for that matter.

until people start to understand that the police are a gang, they just work for the government, things are never gonna really change. The documentary "the seven five" would be a very eye opening film for anyone who wants to look at the darker side of law enforcement.

if anyone wants to explain to me the essence of the difference between a gang and the current iteration of law enforcement in the U.S., i would appreciate it. at the end of the day i can't make a substantive distinction on any level, and I've thought about this awhile.

Last edited:
presented below are the psychological and physical tactics used by jailhouse guards, who are an extension of law enforcement. Obviously most U.S. prisons don't go to such extremes most of the time (until they throw you in the hole), but similar dyanmics are always there because acting in these manners are part of what it means to be a captive or a captor.

Simulation of Guantanamo:

the audio of the 911 call...step one in my three step guide to get arrested for nothing: have someone, anyone make an allegation against you. It didn't get to step two because she wasn't rude to the police, and also due to her well above average SES status.

I introduced myself to the reporting neighbor and asked if he was aware of the gravity of his actions — the ocean of armed officers, my life in danger. He stuttered about never having seen me, before snippily asking if I knew my next-door neighbor. After confirming that I did and questioning him further, he angrily responded, “I’m an attorney, so you can go f— yourself,” and walked away.

Last edited:
Somebody put black electrical tape over the framed photographic portraits of all of the black law professors at Harvard Law. Activists are calling it a hate crime in response to recent campus movements. Police are investigating.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/11/19/3723998/black-professors-harvard-defaced/

I have a nagging suspicion that it was a move by BLM activists to represent the invisibility of black faculty at the Law School, and it has backfired. Will be curious to see the results.

Regardless, these recent protests/movements have done a good job of pointing out to Americans that racism is alive and well in our institutions and in our hearts.

I see more tea party olds pretending to be victims that college students; and they're not pretending to be victims of serious problems like racism, it's that their starbucks cups are red.

Is it possible the cops were called when the neighbor saw the locksmith and he didn't want to adit his mistake?

The story suggests she was there with the locksmith. She deal with everything after she returned.

Regardless, 19 cops and the manner in which they acted were ridiculous.

Back