• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fall Billboard and/or Airbanner

klrdeac

Reaction score
Maybe this has been addressed, but I have been MIA. I contributed to the billboard, and I thought we would have one up in the spring and one in the fall?

Who wants to contribute to a "Fire Wellman" airbanner for the State/Wake game? It would get a huge amount of press, and there should be lots of fired up fans at that point.

Also, whoever was responsible for the fantastic videos during bball season start making them for football too. We need something to laugh at.

Last edited:
You know, at first I was against the air banner idea for the main reason stressed by many posters: It would embarrass the players, and take away from their efforts on the field. But who are we kidding, they just lost to ULM for Christ’s sake. Based off of my limited interactions with players, I’d venture to bet that it’s very much a “us versus them” mentality when it comes to the Head coaches of Football and Basketball and Mr. Wellman in particular. Publicly placing the blame on Wellman probably feels pretty f’ing good to the kids in that locker room.

Campanaro will be in the league next year. As an upper echelon player he spends his offseason running in the same circles and camps as other elite potential draftees and then returns to this amateur hour shit show. You think he is happy here? When I saw that exchange between he and Boyd on Twitter, that reeked of a private phone convo and Boyd just publicly airing out frustration on behalf of Camp, knowing Camp can’t say shit, but that he can actually ball. You think Tommy Bohannon is walking around in the jets locker room decked in black & gold, ever, or playfully trash talking with teammates? No, he’s put this whole embarrassing experience behind him and moved on. It’s like the Kevin Love experience after playing for Team USA and returning to the obscure forest of Minnesota. Don’t know if D. Thomas will make it to the league, but I’ve got to imagine after U-19 tryouts and returning to LOWF, it’s a pretty similar experience.

If the message is simple then there is no casualty. “Support the Deacs, FIRE RON WELLMAN!” “Our Student Athletes deserve better, FIRE RON WELLMAN!” etc.

Long story short, When Wake gets waxed by NC State on national TV, that banner flying over head will be the best experience of their season.

Well said, Rangers. I agree. Still think it should be at least 30 minutes before the game and/or right after the game.

Well said, Rangers. I agree. Still think it should be at least 30 minutes before the game and/or right after the game.

Before for sure. No one will be there after except State fans. Don't we already have the majority of the funding necessary to make this happen?

Thanks PH. Seriously man, the only thing interesting about Wake Athletics is public backlash and fantasy hiring scenarios. I wish there was more public info available about potential AD's for hire.

"Support our athletes. Fire Wellman." or "Support Wake athletes. Fire Wellman."

"Our football players deserve better. Fire Wellman."

You know, at first I was against the air banner idea for the main reason stressed by many posters: It would embarrass the players, and take away from their efforts on the field. But who are we kidding, they just lost to ULM for Christ’s sake. Based off of my limited interactions with players, I’d venture to bet that it’s very much a “us versus them” mentality when it comes to the Head coaches of Football and Basketball and Mr. Wellman in particular. Publicly placing the blame on Wellman probably feels pretty f’ing good to the kids in that locker room.

Campanaro will be in the league next year. As an upper echelon player he spends his offseason running in the same circles and camps as other elite potential draftees and then returns to this amateur hour shit show. You think he is happy here? When I saw that exchange between he and Boyd on Twitter, that reeked of a private phone convo and Boyd just publicly airing out frustration on behalf of Camp, knowing Camp can’t say shit, but that he can actually ball. You think Tommy Bohannon is walking around in the jets locker room decked in black & gold, ever, or playfully trash talking with teammates? No, he’s put this whole embarrassing experience behind him and moved on. It’s like the Kevin Love experience after playing for Team USA and returning to the obscure forest of Minnesota. Don’t know if D. Thomas will make it to the league, but I’ve got to imagine after U-19 tryouts and returning to LOWF, it’s a pretty similar experience.

If the message is simple then there is no casualty. “Support the Deacs, FIRE RON WELLMAN!” “Our Student Athletes deserve better, FIRE RON WELLMAN!” etc.

Long story short, When Wake gets waxed by NC State on national TV, that banner flying over head will be the best experience of their season.

I'd be surprised if Bohanon has moved on considering he was at the football game on Saturday.

T-Bo loves Wake and appreciates everything the staff did for him.

There are a lot of current players expressing frustration about what's currently going on and there are a lot of boosters and behind the scenes people expressing frustration about what has been going on. The support for Lobo, even with big spenders and people in an area of influence (outside the administration), is non-existent. Former players are teeing up on twitter about what's going on with the game, hell even L.D. Williams was tweeting during the game about how he has no idea what our offense is running or why we're calling the plays we are.

Everyone with a brain who is connected to Wake knows the product is shit and everyone knows it's the coaches to blame.

T-Bo loves Wake and appreciates everything the staff did for him.

There are a lot of current players expressing frustration about what's currently going on and there are a lot of boosters and behind the scenes people expressing frustration about what has been going on. The support for Lobo, even with big spenders and people in an area of influence (outside the administration), is non-existent. Former players are teeing up on twitter about what's going on with the game, hell even L.D. Williams was tweeting during the game about how he has no idea what our offense is running or why we're calling the plays we are.

Everyone with a brain who is connected to Wake knows the product is shit and everyone knows it's the coaches to blame.

And so what? If they're not blaming Wellman, it doesn't matter.

If the aerial show does in fact happen, please let us know when. It would be the only reason I'd consider going to another WF football game this season (well, outside of watching Jameis Winston play).

Before for sure. No one will be there after except State fans. Don't we already have the majority of the funding necessary to make this happen?

Nope. Only $250 was raised for the banner. The idea was placed on hold because everyone here shot it down.

Nope. Only $250 was raised for the banner. The idea was placed on hold because everyone here shot it down.

wasn't there money left from the summer billboard? does anyone know how much the airbanner would cost?

wasn't there money left from the summer billboard? does anyone know how much the airbanner would cost?

we have gotten quotes between $1400 and $2400. There is plenty of money left over from the billboard, but I think the vast sentiment was that since it was raised for the billboard it should be used for the billboard.

No. This is not what the players want, at all. The drama on this message board couldn't be farther from what the players want. The players want support from their fans on game day. They want a full stadium and a loud crowd.

As a fan, you can choose how you react to the struggles the team has experienced the last several years. That's obviously your choice. But I guarantee you that what the players want is vocal support from their fans. Your entire post is essentially wrong, starting with the premise and ending with the out-of-touch Tommy Bohanon stuff.

You'd have to ask RSF. He still has the money.

He gave it to Casstevens to manage/invest for us. And well... you know... it...ummm.... it's gone. But don't think Casstevens did anything wrong or anything like that. Just an unfortunate incident.

Yeah, that's it. An unfortunate incident.

No. This is not what the players want, at all. The drama on this message board couldn't be farther from what the players want. The players want support from their fans on game day. They want a full stadium and a loud crowd.

As a fan, you can choose how you react to the struggles the team has experienced the last several years. That's obviously your choice. But I guarantee you that what the players want is vocal support from their fans. Your entire post is essentially wrong, starting with the premise and ending with the out-of-touch Tommy Bohanon stuff. **

** This message was brought to you by the WFU athletic department. All facsimiles and representations are the sole property of Wake Forest.

^^

Sorry dude, I've got nothing to do with the athletic department (other than being a low level deacon club member and season ticket holder).

Back