• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fall Billboard and/or Airbanner

Sorry dude, I've got nothing to do with the athletic department (other than being a low level deacon club member and season ticket holder).

tumblr_mkis7cKWd91rlxqtro1_250.gif

No. This is not what the players want, at all. The drama on this message board couldn't be farther from what the players want. The players want support from their fans on game day. They want a full stadium and a loud crowd.

As a fan, you can choose how you react to the struggles the team has experienced the last several years. That's obviously your choice. But I guarantee you that what the players want is vocal support from their fans. Your entire post is essentially wrong, starting with the premise and ending with the out-of-touch Tommy Bohanon stuff.

Well, players, as in plural, told me Ron Wellman was "an asshole" outside of a gas station. Several insiders here have echoed those sentiments. Second, the fact that student athletes hate Ron Wellman and want a packed loud stadium are not mutually exclusively ideas. In fact, if you've read this board at all, you'd find many posters think there is causation relationship between the two. As far as being upset that the stadium is empty (despite our reported 26k per game), there big boys who play in the ACC so i'm sure they get the deal: This is not middle school, there are no participation ribbons, compete and win and reap all of the spoils that come. Lose and fail to look competitive and reap the ire of your fans or worse, find yourself meddling in an apathetic, irrelevant atmosphere. The fact that our revenue sports have been struggling for ever and now our stadiums are empty is not a "Wake thing." We dont have a bad collection of fans: Don't be mad at them. What you are seeing is the natural progression of things that can happen almost anywhere.

I bolded part of your post because it appears you'd be happy as long as some passion is showed. Well people have spoken that they are unwilling to do anything that could be perceived as financially supporting this regime, even something as small as buying a 5$ ticket. But what would show more passion then disgruntled strangers, with only wake athletics in common, pooling money together for public displays of anger, i hopes of creating change...even though they know it's futile, but the end game is to important to them to at least not try?

i get so tired of people responding to purchase tickets or donate to the deacon club instead of banners, billboards....doing that would only give wellman more to brag about and it would only give him something additional to cite as evidence he is doing a good job and everyone is happy.

yes, i hate what the athletes must feel when fans respond in this way, but this has got to happen if we want a change now rather than whenever wellman feels like retiring.

btw, even some of the older fans who are content sitting in the seats letting the season pass by are getting tired of this. one even asked me if we could do the air banner for the state game.

Sorry for the delay on this. Was traveling yesterday. If you want to donate, the pay pal link is:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8d0038486cd0d9a2f30f3a21df7b0d0cee

We have only raised $250. We need $1650 to fly 30 minutes before the game.

$1650 to fly a total of 30 minutes? How close can the plane be to the stadium? Can it fly over the parking lot of tailgaters?
Is the plane required to not fly once the game starts?

Just asking as I likely will contribute.

$1650 to fly a total of 30 minutes? How close can the plane be to the stadium? Can it fly over the parking lot of tailgaters?

The guy has said he can fly over the stadium, but will have to recheck that with the FAA. I think the preference is to fly before the game as to not be disrespectful to the players.

They can fly as long as we want and wherever we want. Since the stadium seats less then 32,000, they can fly right over. If we do 3 hrs, it's $2650. For 30 minutes, it's $1650. I only suggested the 30 minutes because some folks only wanted to fly during tailgating. We can fly it the entire game if we want.

A lot of the cost is incurred because the closest plane is in Charlotte. Since they can only fly so fast with the banner in tow, it takes an hour to get to Winston and then hour to get back to Charlotte.

30 minute flight? That's overkill. Is that the minimum?

It's a small venue. Everybody will see it in 10 minutes easy.

It's a small venue. Everybody will see it in 10 minutes easy.

One of the main reasons is for Wellman to see this in person. The longer it is up, the greater the chance that will happen.

One of the main reasons is for Wellman to see this in person. The longer it is up, the greater the chance that will happen.

Will be interesting to see how the media might handle this if flown during the actual game. I'm sure Raycom won't show it but an ESPN just might.

You know what? I really dont care what our uninspired players think about anything. They suck. Somebody needs to tell the players, coaches, and wellman to shut the heck up and compete. Or just quit.

It would be a big fucking waste to not fly it during the game. Maximize eyeballs.

Has RSF returned from his trip to Tahiti? We should use the balance of our billboard tilt to fund the plane. Can we get a Tattoo look alike to seek out Ronny and yell " Zee plane!"?

30 minute flight? That's overkill. Is that the minimum?

LOL I am going to bust your balls for a second, because I think I have an idea of what you envisioned when you see us flying the banner and why you think 30 minutes is overkill. You imagined the 27k people in attendance (18k NC State Fans) will all simultaneously look up at the sky, like the citizens of Metropolis do when Superman flies into the city. (I envisioned that for a second as well). But in reality By the time everyone realizes what is going on and news reaches everyone in the stadium, about 30% of the people will be looking up in the sky for it, 30 minutes after the plane has left.

I think word travels much faster than that.

I think word travels much faster than that.

Absolutely. Everyone will know about it within 5 minutes of the plane flying overhead. Whether or not they've put their eyes on it personally is a different matter.

Back