• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I really need to pick up some more pitchers to get more innings. Somehow I'm close to the top in Ks, but near the bottom in IPs. This is the first week where I won't start 4 closers. I want to add Archer, but I'm waiting for a week where he has 2 starts.

I also want to take this opportunity to publicly thank JD Martinez for his 3 HRs yesterday. Thanks JD!

7-38, wow I'll take it.

Still torn about what to do this week. Should I pick up a 2 start Carlos Martinez or should I pickup one start Gerritt Cole? All but two of my pitchers have two starts this week except Scherzer and Keuchel (who is in my flex pitcher spot). Think I'll go with Martinez this week and Cole another week when he starts twice. I have a purchase burning a hole in my pocket with Dickerson to the DL

At 38th overall you would be ranked higher than 7th in several leagues.....keep it going!

Little heads up...

Fantrax still has Cueto with 2 starts this week. MLB says the Reds will skip his first start against Pitt. to give him some rest.

They are really burning the purchases in my Gold League. Ten of the fourteen teams ahead of me have 6 or less left. (Some of this has to do with the closer situation.) Not everyone has replaced these guys so this is my chance to make hay in that category.

The top 3 teams are in a tight race right now with the leader going back and forth. I think they may be panicking or something. They all are down to 5 or less purchases and there is no reason given the position they are in. They are playing like it is September instead of June. Even Spicy is down to 6 and that is not like him.

That SS for Houston I told you (Bud) about is 1 of the players they are picking up.

There is no doubt that Correa has a bright future, but I still think that if you are going to pick up one shortstop right now, Peralta is the one to get.

My mid-season team continues to improve...which is encouraging after the way I've butchered my Fantrax teams this year. After it ended the 1st week at 22-400 (anything can happen in one week), it moved to 18-338 at the end of the 2nd week....and is up to 16-303 after the first day of the 3rd week. (Got as high as 11-280, as only 7 points now separate 12th from 19th.)

Kind of disappointing when you have Felix & Kershaw and they both lose.

Have checked into what they are looking for with Correa. I suspect it is someone who will steal some bases and score runs. Of course about everyone has dropped Gomez, but Altuve is still well owned and has terrible numbers by his standard. Right now he is probably the biggest fantasy bust of the year. The way he can hit he could easily turn it around in the second half. For now anyway he will be hitting 3rd so his base stealing will probably continue to suffer.

I feel your pain and then some with those 2 pitchers. I also had Pineda (had a great start last week) who got rocked and only lasted about 3 innings. Seems like my 2 start more expensive pitchers are struggling. Hated to have to put the cheap guys on the bench. lol Think I will pick up Cole next week...not sure who I will drop yet. Kluber is really struggling this year, and Cueto could be having some health issues. Don't think he is getting much support. Zimmermann has been disappointing so far this year, but of the 3 I think he has the best chance to turn things around. Hopefully this week.

Zimmerman who was suppose to have 2 starts this week didn't pitch last night. Now I a stuck with 3 straight starts from a pitcher who has been struggling. Seems nothing is going right this year.

Zimmerman who was suppose to have 2 starts this week didn't pitch last night. Now I a stuck with 3 straight starts from a pitcher who has been struggling. Seems nothing is going right this year.

It is a weird year, indeed. Was sitting around 22 for the majority of it, then yo-yo'd up to 5th, and back down to 17. I don't think my team is strong enough to make a push considering I have used a bunch of purchases already, but gonna keep plugging along....

Gerrit Cole walked Billy Hamilton leading off the game tonight. Hamilton proceeded to steal 2nd base, then 3rd base...and scored on a 2-out blooper by Frazier.

I have a question. Why do you walk a guy leading off an inning who is hitting .226...with no power...but who is capable of stealing 80 bases?

That stuff just drives me crazy. Make a guy like Hamilton hit the damned ball if he is going to get on base!

ETA: The Reds went on to score 4 runs in the first inning. If Cole had just pitched straight up to the hitless Hamilton, if probably would have been 3 up, 3 down, 0 runs.

I don't know either, unless he heard the River Bats planned to pick him up next week, ;)

I'm picking him up next week.

Wow, lost 8.5 last night. That hurt considering I was in a 3 way tie for 6th to start the night

Robertson got me a save tonight. I doubt it was worth it. Pitched 1 inning giving up 3 hits, 2 walks, and 2 runs.

Pretty much the story of my year......

I have fallen way back the last couple weeks. I will pick up Cole leading into the second half of the season. Will also enter this period (2nd half) with 8 purchases left which is way more then most teams. I'm still in position to end up in the money, while not in a good position by any means. For me to score I need to make good choices with my picks. I also need future injuries to be to other teams not mine, although to both is in my favor. No doubt I am in a hole, but I have climbed myself out before....just ask bkf. :)

There is a lot of baseball left!

Jose Fernandez

It would be wonderful if he comes back strong tomorrow. Not only for him but I can
easily afford him. :)

If you need a cheap closer, his teammate A J Ramos is looking very good right now as well.

He got the win but gave up 3 in 6 innings. He didn't walk anyone which is important since guys returning from TJ sometimes struggle with control.

Stanton out, and now Springer. I have to think I will gain some ground just due to injuries to players. There is no safety net this year as well. I have allowed myself to fall way back holding on to those purchases. I really think it will pay off since we are just now reaching the halfway point. Right now there are some teams that are screwed if a couple of their top players get hurt.

Sonny Gray

Really hurts losing 2 starts from him this week. They say it is because of salmonella poisoning. lol

I'm up to 6-43 right now. Expecting a little bit of a dip in the coming weeks with Stanton and Springer out.

Haven't posted my roster in a while so here it is :

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C Gattis, Evan C,UT - HOU 740,000
C Perez, Salvador C,UT - KC 790,000
1B Encarnacion, Edwin 1B,UT - TOR 1,190,000
1B Rizzo, Anthony 1B,UT - CHC 1,260,000
2B Gordon, Dee 2B,UT - MIA 1,110,000
2B Kendrick, Howie 2B,UT - LAD 990,000
3B Arenado, Nolan 3B,UT - COL 940,000
3B Bryant, Kris 3B,UT - CHC 560,000
SS Reyes, Jose SS,UT - TOR 1,160,000
SS Tulowitzki, Troy SS,UT - COL 1,360,000
OF Bautista, Jose OF,UT - TOR 1,260,000
OF Betts, Mookie OF,UT - BOS 720,000
OF Cain, Lorenzo OF,UT - KC 830,000
OF Harper, Bryce OF,UT - WAS 1,100,000
OF Puig, Yasiel OF,UT - LAD 1,190,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,770,000
UT Castro, Starlin SS,UT - CHC 990,000
UT Machado, Manny 3B,UT - BAL 950,000
SP Arrieta, Jake SP,P - CHC 930,000
SP Cueto, Johnny SP,P - CIN 1,230,000
SP Kershaw, Clayton SP,P - LAD 1,720,000
SP Keuchel, Dallas SP,P - HOU 860,000
SP Sale, Chris SP,P - CHW 1,280,000
SP Scherzer, Max SP,P - WAS 1,350,000
RP Familia, Jeurys RP,P - NYM 730,000
RP Melancon, Mark RP,P - PIT 1,100,000
RP Soria, Joakim RP,P - DET 850,000
P deGrom, Jacob SP,P - NYM 900,000
Total 29,860,000
RESERVE
Player Salary
Souza Jr., Steven OF,UT - TB 400,000
Springer, George OF,UT - HOU 900,000
Goldschmidt, Paul 1B,UT - ARI 1,440,000
Stanton, Giancarlo OF,UT - MIA 1,580,000
Hernandez, Felix SP,P - SEA 1,460,000
Martinez, Carlos SP,P - STL 660,000
Pineda, Michael SP,P - NYY 850,000
Robertson, David RP,P - CHW 1,160,000
Allen, Cody RP,P - CLE 1,070,000
Bumgarner, Madison SP,P - SF 1,340,000
Cole, Gerrit SP,P - PIT 920,000
Harvey, Matt SP,P - NYM 950,000
Total 12,730,000

ONly 4 hitters on the bench currently, with two of them hurt

I don't necessarily have to make a move right now, but I may soon pickup Jason Kipnis. He is having a stellar year and I've only had two 2nd basemen since I dropped Odor (who is playing a lot better since getting called back up)

I don't necessarily have to make a move right now, but I may soon pickup Jason Kipnis. He is having a stellar year and I've only had two 2nd basemen since I dropped Odor (who is playing a lot better since getting called back up)

I was hoping to hold on till about a week after the break to make my moves. I keep falling further behind, and with some teams having key players hurt, I need to try and make some hay. Hardly anyone in my Gold League has Kipnis or Frazier. Keuchel who is under a mil already has 10 wins, and only 1 team in my league has him. He also has 2 starts next week. I think I can make the numbers work by benching Abreu like most of the teams ahead of me have done. It wouldn't hurt if I would pay a little more attention. lol

Why Boxberger? That has to be the shakiest closer spot in baseball. Not only that, but his numbers are not very good. What am I missing here?

Back