• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

You should have the guy we dropped earlier this year. Nobody is pitching better than Walker right now. I would consider picking him up next week with 2 home starts....just too many pitchers with good starts along with other guys I need more before him. He is lights out right now just like the spring. If he has 2 quality starts next week it will be hard not to pick him back up.

I was hoping to hold on till about a week after the break to make my moves. I keep falling further behind, and with some teams having key players hurt, I need to try and make some hay. Hardly anyone in my Gold League has Kipnis or Frazier. Keuchel who is under a mil already has 10 wins, and only 1 team in my league has him. He also has 2 starts next week. I think I can make the numbers work by benching Abreu like most of the teams ahead of me have done. It wouldn't hurt if I would pay a little more attention. lol

I have yet to make any moves and have a out of town golf game tomorrow. I just don't know what to do. Scherzer/Gray/Arrieta all could have 2 starts, but Fantrax is not showing any of the three with 2 starts. In the past it seemed most weeks were obvious what to do while this year it is always a struggle....a guessing game.

CDM is showing Gray with two starts....though both are on the road (at the Yankees & at Cleveland).

Yeah, they updated it! Ended up just making one move. Dropped Lamb for Keuchel. That leaves me with just 2 third baseman. But why carry a 3rd third baseman who you never put in when you can have another pitcher.? After all, if Bryant or Arenado got hurt I would purchase someone else anyway. No way Lamb could fill their shoes. I'm just not playing very smart this year.

Well, I am not a happy camper tonight. I can't watch the NBA finals tonight since the picture is scrambled. The only reason I have my local cable company is they block me out on locals/nationals with my direct tv. They also jack up my internet bill if I don't carry both. So I am paying over 2oo hundred a month and still can't even watch the playoffs. My anger is a carry over from the $1310 bill I got today for four stitches to my pinky finger. How can you fucking charge someone that kind of money for 4 fucking stitches? Took them out myself today...probably saved myself a few hundred dollars.

Well the $1300 was just what the hospital charged me. Dr. wants another $1100. That's $2400 for 4 stitches in my finger. Still trying to figure out how both the Dr and the hospital can charge for the emergency room. $850 hospital and $550 Dr. for the ER where I was there for about 40 minutes, total.

You're just getting some of that "world's best healthcare system" that some people claim we have in this country....which in reality is only the most expensive healthcare system in the world, rather than the best healthcare system in the world. You could probably have gotten better service for a fraction of the price in Cuba. LOL. Of course, Cuban doctors don't make upper six figure salaries and own a lot of the commercial office properties in their country. (As Dr. Dean said, without a public option for cost competition, ACA is mostly a giveaway to the medical & pharmaceutical industries in this country.) Now, having gotten that off my chest, I apologize for drifting over into non-sports issues on this thread.)

Since it's pretty much us two and Demon there is no reason to apologize. We can talk about what ever we want as long as we don't argue over politics, imo.

I still think we have the best healthcare in the world. (best care and doctors for sure) I wouldn't want to be treated in Cuba if I had a serious disease. :) The biggest problem with our system is we don't take care of ourselves. I read the other day that the average American woman weighs more now than the average man did in the 60's. From what I understand most other countries don't have near the obesity rate we have in America. All stores today offer motorized scooters for people who are too fat (or lazy) to walk. Sky rocketing medical bills started with the unhealthy lifestyles of Americans. None of our leaders want to talk about nutrition in schools or mandatory PE classes. It's just write the fat kid a pass to skip that class so he can go off and play video games and enjoy his donuts. How's that for off topic???!!! lol

Before we get to all the All-Star game activities next week, I would just like to take a moment to restate my feelings about all of this nonsense:

The All-Star game and everything surrounding it has become a total joke...and I don't plan to watch a minute of it. A "Homerun Derby" contest is every bit as stupid & silly as the NBA's "Slam Dunk" contest.....and that's saying a lot, because a slam dunk contest is one of the dumbest, most worthless things in the entire history of sports.

The worst is that they give home field advantage to the league that wins. I'm not sure I have watched more than a couple times since I was a kid. They should make it all about kids, imo. Give free tickets to Little league teams, and let them meet the players, get autographs, and souvenirs. Maybe they do a lot of this, I don't know since I never watch. That would make it a worth while event if they do.

Before we get to all the All-Star game activities next week, I would just like to take a moment to restate my feelings about all of this nonsense:

The All-Star game and everything surrounding it has become a total joke...and I don't plan to watch a minute of it. A "Homerun Derby" contest is every bit as stupid & silly as the NBA's "Slam Dunk" contest.....and that's saying a lot, because a slam dunk contest is one of the dumbest, most worthless things in the entire history of sports.

They should just do a dribbling contest and a turning the double play with grit contest.

Looks as though I went the wrong way with Scherzer and Arrieta this week. I checked up to the deadline and they never said who would get the first start of the Cub's doubleheader today. Arrieta got the start (win) and will most likely get another start on Sunday. Scherzer having a start today I thought he might start on Sunday being the 5th day along with Stras. going on the dl. That still could happen I suppose. Even if it does that puts me at just 5 starts next week, so it really doesn't matter. lol

Pineda Coladas still hasn't used a purchase or made a roster move this year. I finally passed him last night. What a waste of what would have been a great year for someone.

I don't know how much they want for Melancon, but he has been amazing. Not only does he lead baseball in saves, but has only given up 1 run since April 22, and that was on the 11th of May. (he doesn't strike out a lot of batters for a closer)

Melancon is $2050.

Again, there is one thing to remember about scoring in the points league. Averages don't count (BA, ERA & WHIP). Pitchers get 10 points for a win or save, and 1 point for each inning & strikeout.

Also, for hitters, walks get one point, just like singles. Doubles are 2 points, Triples are 3 points & Homeruns are 4 points. Runs & RBIs are one point each and Stolen Bases are 2 points. So if you are trying to determine hitters' value, OPS is a good indicater....the combination of on base percentage & slugging percentage.

Ok, that would cut into his value. By trying to help you, I may have helped myself. I knew that J.D. Martinez was having a good year, but his numbers are staggering for just 870k. Here I am setting on 8 purchases....what a stupid I am. :)

Melancon is $2050.

Again, there is one thing to remember about scoring in the points league. Averages don't count (BA, ERA & WHIP). Pitchers get 10 points for a win or save, and 1 point for each inning & strikeout.

Also, for hitters, walks get one point, just like singles. Doubles are 2 points, Triples are 3 points & Homeruns are 4 points. Runs & RBIs are one point each and Stolen Bases are 2 points. So if you are trying to determine hitters' value, OPS is a good indicater....the combination of on base percentage & slugging percentage.

That would take a different kind of research to put a team together. I think it would be a fun game to play, but making a SB 2 points seems a little much. It kind of goes against leveling the playing field, imo.

Well, 15 weeks into the season, I am finally having a great week. My gold team is 1-1 for the week & my rookie teams are 1-4. Too bad that it is too late to do much in the way of lifting me in the standings, but at least it's nice to have a good week. I really feel that my roster now is as good as anyone's....but I am just too far behind and I have no backup left in the event of serious injuries. I would have to keep "rolling 7's" for many weeks in a row to get back into the top 10 in my league. Most of this week's gains have come from great pitching performances from high-priced 1-start SPs...like Kershaw, Felix (and Greinke, in my CDM league). I think you have talked about how a team can gain ground from having guys like this in the lineup because many teams cannot afford to put them in the starting lineup when they only get one start.

DemonDeaconz is having a fantastic week, too. He is 1-2 for this week...and up to 6-27 for the year.

The day is not over, but I am having a decent to pretty good week. My rookie league teams are at 4-6-7-46. My Gold Team is at 14-43. In my Gold I have more purchases left than anyone in front of me, and we are just at the halfway point. (some teams really low on purchases) At least a couple teams ahead of me in all my rookie leagues that have played all their trump cards. Plan to pick up a couple players real soon. With just 3 days of baseball it would be kneejerk to do it next week. Better to see what everyone else does next week has been my experience.

Last edited:
I'm very conflicted on what to do to start the second half. I haven't had a backup second baseman for a while now and Gordon is banged up, they are saying he will probably only miss one series though. I got it narrowed down to 3 options: Dozier, Kipnis and LaMaheiu from Colarado. Dozier has 19 hrs and 50+ RBI but a .254 average. Kipnis is hitting .320 but only 37 RBI and 5 hrs. If I pick one of these guys, that'll bring me up to 42.8. Mill which might be tough to work with. That's why I'm considering LaMaheiu who is hitting above .300 at a 800k

I guess I'll be dropping Springer. He'll prob be out for the season

I can't remember whether or not you have Travis, but if you don't want to spend the money for Dozier or Kipnis and are looking for a cheaper option, personally I like Travis better than LaMaheiu. Of course, nearly every move I've made this season has been wrong. LOL.

Good call. I think I will get Travis. His numbers aren't that staggering but if he can keep that up he will be a great player to have in my lineup at that price. Unfortunately I thought I had til 7 to make a move but a game is already under way.... Oh well, I'll get him Sunday

The reason Travis' raw numbers aren't as high as LaMaheiu is because he missed time with an injury. He only has 191 ABs, so if you prorate his numbers to equal the 315 ABs that LaMaheiu has, Travis looks pretty good.....and he is only 500K. Both play in good lineups and good hitter parks.

you're right. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I didn't realize he had an injury... Hope he can stay on the field for me

Minus 4 tonight, yuck

I lost 4 the first night, too, then got it back plus 3 yesterday. (just in my Gold) I have 4 pitchers going today so I hope to continue my bump today.

Still going back and forth whether to make a move with my remaining purchases. They call it the break, but we are really almost 2/3rds through the season.

Back