• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I'm not sure why Toronto made that trade, either....but I think it could very well help Devon Travis owners.

Well, that didn't take long. Travis in the lead-off spot tonight....and hit a HR in the 1st inning.

And he's on the bench for me this week. I couldn't put him in the lineup...hitting 9th with 6 games....when I had Dozier & Kipnis.

Also didn't take long for him to come out injuring his left shoulder, again.

Having a nice day in all my league so far. 4-6-6 in my rookie leagues and in 8th in my Gold. Just 9 point out of the money in my Gold. Closest for me in a long time.

Also didn't take long for him to come out injuring his left shoulder, again.

That really hurts if he is out again. I need that cheap player with Storen out as closer. Especially since my 5th Closer is 250k more Chapman. Thought about adding Familia, but he is on a short leash after 2 blown saves in a row, and the Mets adding
Clippard. If Familia was to lose his closer role it would cause havoc on a lot of teams in all my leagues. He has to be feeling a little pressure with the Mets picking up another closer. Seems the DB's are interested in Chapman. I don't know if that is an improvement fantasy wise or not. I will be happy when this deadline is up. Like I said earlier, this is the first time I have had to deal with that deadline. :)

One thing about Chapman, he won't give me as many saves, but he should add a couple points in strikeouts. Think has already has about 75.

I was excited about only 3 teams having Felix this week, and then he got bombed. lol Several went with Kluber (who I dropped) and he was lights out. Oh well. :) Kershaw got backed up to Friday I believe.

I sure don't have any idea why Toronto made that trade. One injury prone SS for another who is under contract until 2021. They already are loaded with hitters while desperately needing pitching. Trying to win by just out scoring other teams hasn't worked for them being 7 games back with 2 months to go. Maybe they have some kind of inside track on Hamels.

Of course I am looking at what this means to my team. :) Since fantasy teams are mostly made up of stars this is a first for me having several players traded. The Cueto deal is a plus, imo. If Travis and Reyes both wind up at the top of the order would be great for me since runs scored is much needed for my team/s. Hopefully Tulo doesn't struggle against AL pitching. He is not hitting a lot of HR's this year, but that is a HR park as well. He still is batting around .300

Six teams in my Gold picked up Fernandez this week. That is ok with me since it very well may come down to a battle of attrition. I'm sitting at 6 purchases right now. I'm thinking that 3 of them needs to be used early on in August to have time to help my team. Having any more than 2 on September 1st would be a mistake, imo.

Looks like the inside track was on Price. It just keeps getting wilder.

Sure glad I didn't drop Chapman since another closer for my teams has lost his job. (Soria) I have went from 5 closers to 3 in just a matter of days. One crazy week and it's not over yet. I really have a lot of work to do this weekend just sorting everything out. A lot of teams are feeling it while some are really get hurt by these moves.

Carlos Gomez going to Houston is a good indication that Springer doesn't figure to contribute much if anything going forward. I know there has been a lot of speculation about his return. I only point this out since there are quite a few teams who still own him. Some teams out there have been really lucky so far with Springer/Stanton on the bench as their only 2 backups to the OF.

I need to come up with at least 670k next week. Not counting a cheap replacement for Soria. Familia was the obvious choice, but has now blown 3 saves in a row. Have to think he is a young pitcher feeling some pressure. Travis going back on the DL is a really big hit for my team. It's find some money for Walker or pick up a cheap guy like Giavotella. (410) Thing is I sure didn't want to spend a purchase at 2nd base....especially just to make cap. Might just have to go with cheaper pitchers for a few weeks.

I was so hoping the Yankees would land Kimbrel. (4 of the top 5 and 7 of the top 10 in my Gold have Miller) That would have helped me more than any move I could make. Teams down to 2-3 picks losing a couple of closers would have been in trouble.

I had an awful day yesterday. Midweek I was in 8th place just 9 points out of the money. I am now in 12 place and 21 points out of the money. (2 teams just a half point behind me) Fell back to 7th in a rookie league that I was only 3 points out of 2nd place. This can happen when you have several players that other teams do not own. Pretty much every team had a big day while my team/s had a bad day. Was feeling good going into yesterday having 5 starts this weekend. Just not enough points to be made pitching to make up for the points lost hitting. Also have at least 3 hitters that won't play today. Friday I thought I might not use any purchases for next week. Now I may use as many as 4 of my 6 remaining.

I might be up for a change myself. I have spent way too much time on my team this summer. Time I should have spent out hitting buckets of balls. lol This year has been a strange one, and I am really struggling to stay competitive. I don't mind the hours spent over the winter months...actually enjoy it. The hours I have spent working on my team during the season has been more frustrating than fun.

They are saying that Travis went on the DL to make room for Price. That is not very encouraging.

Been looking at the teams of some of my competition today. I knew that some would have to adjust to the closer situation with few purchases left. Seems some will have an even bigger cap problem then I am facing. Now that Souza is gone along with players like Stanton/Springer out there is a shortage of outfielders. They also say Betts is out for next week as well. Teams that also have Travis (like me) are really going to have to sacrifice to make cap.

Still not sure what is the best way to go about using my purchases. I think dropping Desmond for either Bogaerts or that kid from Houston is a good place to start. Desmond has been terrible and I couldn't afford him if he got hot. I could then bench Reyes and free up the money to bring Walker in for Travis. Adam Jones has had a good week but I can't afford him next week. That's ok since Marte is back to playing good baseball. Hate to take Kershaw out with a game @ Philly. That has 9 inning shutout written all over it.

Was mounting a nice little comeback and then Miami blew the win for Fernandez in the 9th inning. :(

Things continue to get crazier every day. Today we have both Kipnis and Bryant hurt. Not sure how serious the injury, but it is a big deal since so many teams are running out of purchases. (also positions not backed up) We also have an early deadline tomorrow so we probably won't have updates for everyone in time. Right now I am looking at 2 moves. Dropping Desmond for a cheap SS. Also dropping either Storen/Soria for a 3rd baseman. That still leaves me with just 3 closers. Familia is the best choice though I think going with 7 SP's next week may work in my favor. Would allow me to see how other teams address these problems along with making sure Familia holds on to his closer role.

Almost didn't make any moves this week. (just go with 3 closers) There are some teams that will have to go without 4 closers, and others that will chose not to right away. Decided I better go after those points right away. It's too soon for those teams to try and ride it out, imo. So I picked up Familia for Storen and Correa for Desmond. This also allows me to keep Kershaw in this week. With Felix and Max having 2 starts there won't be many teams that can afford all 3. That's what I am hoping away. :)

Plan to add a third baseman, and maybe a pitcher next week. That will leave me with 2 purchases to use for injuries or September pickups.

Well shit fire!!! All that work to get Kershaw in and they moved him back a day. Instead of @ Philly, he will face Cole @ Pittsburgh. That went from a great start to a terrible start! lol

Price sure hurt me. Dropped to 13th place (2.5 points) solely on his game.

Well shit fire!!! All that work to get Kershaw in and they moved him back a day. Instead of @ Philly, he will face Cole @ Pittsburgh. That went from a great start to a terrible start! lol

Being able to afford having Felix/Max/Kershaw all in at the same time has really backfired. They are all struggling and the cheap pitchers like Gray/Harvey are pitching great. I have really dug myself in a hole. Fallen from 8th placed to 15th in little over a week dropping over 20 points. If things don't turn around really soon my chances of finishing in the Gold are highly unlikely. As it is it will take other teams doing poorly (or injuries) for me to have a chance. I have 1 rookie team that still has a shot of finishing in second place. Sure has been a disappointing year.

I can't have anymore bad weeks to still have a chance of finishing in the money in my Gold League. So I dropped Travis and Soria for Donaldson and Dozier. Plan to pickup Cole next week with his 2 starts. I should have figured out a way to add Donaldson a month or so ago. I have done a poor job managing this year.

Back