• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

This could have been a great week for me. My poor hitting was much improved....hitting number 1 in my league for the week. Ranked 23rd in pitching but I had 7 starts today. That number is now down to 5. Probably going to use a purchase or two this week.

This could have been a great week for me. My poor hitting was much improved....hitting number 1 in my league for the week. Ranked 23rd in pitching but I had 7 starts today. That number is now down to 5. Probably going to use a purchase or two this week.

Which two SPs are out today? Hope it's not Kershaw, Sale, Syndergaard or Scherzer. That's the 4 I have going today.

Do you have Brittain? How badly is he hurt? Thought I was going to possibly get a win from him when he came in for the 9th with the game tied. Got two outs then hurt his ankle covering 1B on an Adam Eaton bunt and they took him out.

Also, thought Ramos was going to get another save with Miami leading 7-5 going to the 9th...but they rested him. He and the Marlins have been red-hot. Swept the Dodgers 4 games in LA earlier this week. Ramos got saves on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Miami won the 4th game 2-0, but they wouldn't let Ramos pitch 4 straight days, I guess. Then he came back & got a save on Friday.

Picked up a little more ground yesterday. Still 2-5-1-5 in leagues, but I moved up to 30th overall in bronze (of 675) & 13th overall in silver (of 120). also, I have my biggest lead in the league where I'm in 1st (33 points over 2nd place), and I'm the closest I've been to 1st place in the other two bronze leagues (8 pts & 36 pts).

Iglesias is hurt and Cole got moved back a day.

Conforto has been great this week and hardly anyone has him.

Iglesias is hurt and Cole got moved back a day.

Conforto has been great this week and hardly anyone has him.

Sure has. He got 12 points for me in a game a couple of days ago. Piscotty has turned out to be pretty solid for his price, too.

Still wish I had taken Machado instead of Bryant. Machado has been blistering hot.

Think I am going to make a lateral move of dropping Adam Jones for Marte or Cargo. Thoughts?

Think I am going to make a lateral move of dropping Adam Jones for Marte or Cargo. Thoughts?

I almost made a post a few days ago to say that I thought Adam Jones was one of the most overrated "above-average" players in fantasy. For some reason, I think he has really been disappointing in the last couple of years. He's hitting in a great spot in an excellent lineup and just doesn't produce.

Personally, I had rather have either of the two guys you mentioned than Jones.

Sure has. He got 12 points for me in a game a couple of days ago. Piscotty has turned out to be pretty solid for his price, too.

Still wish I had taken Machado instead of Bryant. Machado has been blistering hot.

Watched a few at bats today of Machado against Sale. You can't get anything past him. He will keep fouling balls off till you give him something to hit. He is like the speedster for Houston only with power.

I have Piscotty also. Some of my cheap guys are showing up so I don't need to overreact to my middle of the pack ranking.

I am looking at CarGo myself. Like I said earlier I didn't realize he played a full season with 40 home runs last year. I have Marte again this year since he is a 4+ tool guy in my opinion. Like GarGo he has a history of injuries. He is not a 100 percent right now.

Just a huge week for my teams. All 3 went from high teens to top 10. I know that happens this time of year, but the players who made that happen is what excites me.

Just a huge week for my teams. All 3 went from high teens to top 10. I know that happens this time of year, but the players who made that happen is what excites me.

Sounds good. At this point, we just need to "get into position to get into position", as you-know-who used to say....and become comfortable with our rosters after watching everyone for a month into the season. My teams are all still at their season's best level at the end of April: 2-5-1---4 and 28/675 overall in bronze. That would be a $695 payout. One downside for me is that I've probably used a couple more purchases than I had hoped by this time. (5 after 4 trading periods) We have 17 purchases available during 25 trading periods...which works out to 2 purchases for every 3 weeks on average. It's not unusual to use 1 or 2 more than that in the first six weeks or so of the season to correct initial roster mistakes....but I'm probably still 1 or 2 ahead of an ideal pace. Definitely don't need to use more than 1 or 2 more during May, to get me back to 6 or 7 purchases used after 9 trading periods. That would leave me 10-11 purchases for the last 16 trading periods.

These are my 5 moves so far:

Lester for Severano (upgrade)
Realmuto for J McCann (injury)
CarGo for Park (upgrade)
Gomez for Allen (upgrade & money to balance Cargo move)
Quintana for Carrasco (injury)

Severino has 2 starts this week. He is @Baltimore and Boston at home. That is a little scary to say the least. Was thinking about dropping him this week but now Iglesias is on the dl. Anybody still have him and will you start him this week?

Sounds good. At this point, we just need to "get into position to get into position", as you-know-who used to say....and become comfortable with our rosters after watching everyone for a month into the season. My teams are all still at their season's best level at the end of April: 2-5-1---4 and 28/675 overall in bronze. That would be a $695 payout. One downside for me is that I've probably used a couple more purchases than I had hoped by this time. (5 after 4 trading periods) We have 17 purchases available during 25 trading periods...which works out to 2 purchases for every 3 weeks on average. It's not unusual to use 1 or 2 more than that in the first six weeks or so of the season to correct initial roster mistakes....but I'm probably still 1 or 2 ahead of an ideal pace. Definitely don't need to use more than 1 or 2 more during May, to get me back to 6 or 7 purchases used after 9 trading periods. That would leave me 10-11 purchases for the last 16 trading periods.

These are my 5 moves so far:

Lester for Severano (upgrade)
Realmuto for J McCann (injury)
CarGo for Park (upgrade)
Gomez for Allen (upgrade & money to balance Cargo move)
Quintana for Carrasco (injury)

I think it is normal to use more in the first half of the season. Also, if you have more than 1 or 2 left in early September then you probably screwed up. You have to give a player enough time to help your team, imo. Sometimes having a purchase could be helpful in the final week if your pitchers are being rested for the playoffs.

My brother who is not political at all went to a Trump rally. I'm sure it was because Bob Knight was there, and it came to his town of Evansville Indiana. His text to me was it was "awesome and funny as fuck." I sometimes wish I was more like him. He lives his life to the fullest and totally ignores things he cannot control.

I think it is normal to use more in the first half of the season. Also, if you have more than 1 or 2 left in early September then you probably screwed up. You have to give a player enough time to help your team, imo. Sometimes having a purchase could be helpful in the final week if your pitchers are being rested for the playoffs.

My brother who is not political at all went to a Trump rally. I'm sure it was because Bob Knight was there, and it came to his town of Evansville Indiana. His text to me was it was "awesome and funny as fuck." I sometimes wish I was more like him. He lives his life to the fullest and totally ignores things he cannot control.

Is he going to vote for Trump tomorrow?

Is he going to vote for Trump tomorrow?

I doubt he will bother, but will ask him. Meanwhile I just woke up from a nap and failed to set my team/s. Left 740k on the table. Other than not getting Severino in it is not a big deal. That was money I was hording to buy a new player.

I doubt he will bother, but will ask him. Meanwhile I just woke up from a nap and failed to set my team/s. Left 740k on the table. Other than not getting Severino in it is not a big deal. That was money I was hording to buy a new player.

You've been doing this for too long for that kind of stuff to happen. I don't know why you don't do like I do. I usually set my lineup on Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I watch for events that might make some "tweaking" necessary later. That way, if something comes up at the last minute and I'm not at my computer, I already have everything set. After all, I can make as many changes as I wish, so if I set next week's lineup on Tuesday or Wednesday, I can always go in later and completely change it. As a matter of fact, that happened to me today. I got a call this morning from a guy in a town about 30 miles from me who wanted to add $60K to his annuity. I told him I would be down there around 5 PM. We got to talking (I hadn't seen him in about 5 years) and I didn't get home until about 7:10. If I had not already set my lineup, I would have been screwed.

All I missed out on was a iffy 2 start by Severino. Also wasn't sure who to pick up so that is no big deal. Should have got Stras in though since the money was there...he is pretty hot right now.

I'm not as invested this year and have lost some of my passion for the game. Still fun but I don't go over box scores
everyday anymore.

Last edited:
There is 275 rookie teams this year. I had another decent day yesterday. My teams are 7-8-10 in their leagues with a ranking of 62 overall.

There is 275 rookie teams this year. I had another decent day yesterday. My teams are 7-8-10 in their leagues with a ranking of 62 overall.

That's a pretty solid position from which to work. The main thing at this point in the season is not to get really far behind...like I did last year. I was checking my diary and noticed that I made an entry on May 17th last year that my three rookie teams were 16-19-18 in the league. It's very hard to get that far behind 6 or 7 weeks into the season and get back into the top 5. I guess it can be done, but the odds are definitely against it.

I'm 2-5-1---4 going into tonight...but only 6 points out of 1st with that first team. 6 points is one homerun. My team that is already in 1st place has a 42-point lead over 2nd going into tonight's games. Of course, if you are looking at just the money, moving from 4th to 3rd with the silver team means much more than going from 2nd to 1st with a bronze team.

Need a good start from Quintana. Only 5 other teams in the top 50 have him in the lineup. Also need Corbin to do well, though 28 other top 50 teams have him. The two SPs I need to see lose tonight are Arrieta at Pittsbugh and Stroman vs Texas. 33 top 50 teams have Arrieta and 26 top 50 teams have Stroman.

I'm 2-5-1---4 going into tonight...but only 6 points out of 1st with that first team. 6 points is one homerun. My team that is already in 1st place has a 42-point lead over 2nd going into tonight's games. Of course, if you are looking at just the money, moving from 4th to 3rd with the silver team means much more than going from 2nd to 1st with a bronze team.

Need a good start from Quintana. Only 5 other teams in the top 50 have him in the lineup. Also need Corbin to do well, though 28 other top 50 teams have him. The two SPs I need to see lose tonight are Arrieta at Pittsbugh and Stroman vs Texas. 33 top 50 teams have Arrieta and 26 top 50 teams have Stroman.

I'm off to a good start tonight as well. My team/s are really over performing right now. I batted over .300 for the week last week. That doesn't happen a lot. ( I believe my roster is weak) Arrieta was the guy I wanted to add this week with his 2 starts. I am now a believer...he is really that good.

Back