• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I decided to pull back on the reins a little and not pick up Murphy just yet. I have the money to put Thames in for Renfroe in the utility spot. While Renfroe is not putting up a lot of numbers he is getting on base. Thames has 3 hits in the last 18 days. I pulled him last week, and that turned out to be the right move. He really is struggling....not knowing why is what makes this a hard decision. Have you heard anything?

Thru games of May 28th:

Bronze: 3-4-5-5 --- 96/650
Silver: 11-9 --- 26/90

Payout with those finishes would be $80

My payout number has been all over the place lately....from $105 to $780 to $80 in the last three days alone. As I said, there are several teams still tightly bunched two months into the season.

Don't have any idea what is going on with Thames. My guess is that he was playing over his head during his hot streak. I've said that I thought picking him up was a mistake....as was not picking up Judge. I've made a bunch of mistakes this year. Actually, it's kind of surprising that I am still in contention for money spots with all six teams, considering how badly I have managed my teams. For example, somehow I missed that Kershaw had two starts this past week and had him on the bench. Not having Kershaw in your lineup for a 2-start week is about as big a mistake as you can make in this game. I was just lucky that he didn't pitch well yesterday and didn't get the win, even though the Dodgers ended up winning the game.

(And after saying all those things about Thames, I have him back in my lineup this week for Zimmerman. In two other "wild hunches" I put Santana in for Brantley and Story in for Correa. We will see how those three moves work out.)

I picked up Thames because so many teams had him that it was killing me. After watching him swing I was convinced he was the real deal. Of course he is facing pitchers he has never seen before, and everyone is watching film looking for a weakness.

How about Trout? Won't find out in time the results of the mri. ESPN says unless he has a lot of damage he will play with some sort of brace. I think I will just roll the dice with him. I have Paxton and Kluber back in this week. Hoping Kluber's early struggles was due to health issues.

I'm keeping Trout in the lineup. I think he has 7 games at home, so even if he doesn't play tonight he would have 6 home games.

I did have to make some last minute (literally, finished my 6th team change at 12:54 PM) changes when I checked about an hour ago and saw that the Dodgers were putting Alex Wood on the 10-day DL. I read an article somewhere that a guy said he was afraid that the Dodgers would come up with reasons to do that occasionally to limit Wood's innings and make use of the 8 or 9 starters that they have. He was going to have 1 start this week, then 2 starts next week....so that will screw up all of that. For that reason, I decided that I couldn't go with only 6 SPs & 3 closers for the next two weeks. Forced me to drop Bedrosian for Cody Allen. Of course, Allen for Wood put me well over cap, so I had to put Fulmer (home vs White Sox) in for Strasburg (at Oakland). Had a little money left so I put Brantley back in for Benintendi.

Hope the Indians have a big week. They have 7 games at home and I have Carrasco (2 starts), closer Allen, Lindor & Brantley.

Haniger will be back soon...thing is I really don't need his cheap price anymore. Unless he continues to be hot he will probably be on my bench. He could allow me to add a quality pitcher. Price is playing for the first time this year with 2 starts. That is a guy to watch up in Boston.

Verlander could get 2 starts this week. His first start is @ KC and he is so bad on the road I didn't feel it was worth the chance he may get the 2nd one @ home. Have you looked at his home stats compared to his road stats?

In spite of all that, I'm still having a great start to the week. 122 points, which is 10th overall out of 650 teams in the bronze leagues. Trout isn't playing tonight, so I'm finished for the day and could slip a little in the night games....but right now all six of my teams are back in the money at 2-4-2-4 (bronze) & 7-5 (silver). That would bring the payout back up to $685. I've been on a yo-yo with that number for the last several days.

If I had left Zimmerman & Correa in rather than replacing them with Thames & Story I would have had 138 points, which would have been 2nd overall out of 650 teams in the bronze leagues...behind only one guy who had 138.67 points. Correa has been red hot lately. The only reason I took him out was that he had 6 games on the road while Story had 7 games. Same for Zimmerman. He had 6 on the road at SF & SD while Thames had 7 games. Sometimes that extra game can be used to entice you to take out a guy whom you should leave in the lineup. Just another one of my mistakes........

Thru games of May 29th:

Bronze: 3-4-5-4 --- 75/650
Silver: 8-8 --- 22/90

Payout with those finishes would be $310.

As expected, I slipped some last night. Bad news on Trout and...at least somewhat surprising to me...most of the top teams evidently had better info than I had, because only 3 of the top 50 teams in bronze left Trout in their lineup this week and only 2 other top 10 in my two silver leagues left him in. Having him out for 6 to 8 weeks isn't really going to affect me that much, as almost everyone has him on their roster and I have just about all of the other top outfielders: Betts, Harper & Blackmon, etc. Might actually even help me as not having Trout in the lineup will free up lots of money to use elsewhere. Of course, that will be true for everyone.

Thru games of May 30th:

Bronze: 2-4-4-4 --- 76/650
Silver: 9-7 --- 23/90

Payout with those finishes would be $315.

Things seem to be settling down a bit. Lost another save when a team with a 3-run lead scored with two outs in its last at bat, though. (Houston)

Springer is 4 for 4 with 2 home runs today....never ends lol

Springer is 4 for 4 with 2 home runs today....never ends lol

And Correa has been red hot all week....and I took both of them out of my lineup. Today Springer had 18 points & Correa had 11. Those are monster games when you consider that 4 or better is a good game for a hitter. Like I said, I have done an absolutely awful job this year. Don't know how I am in as good a position as I am.....which isn't great, but I'm hanging around the money with all six teams.

Need a good game from Paxton tonight. I don't think that many teams put him back in their lineup this week.

Thru games of May 31st:

Bronze: 2-4-4-4 --- 83/650
Silver: 9-8 --- 24/90

Payout with those finishes would be $265.

Add Zimmerman to the list of hot hitters on my bench. At least Thames seems to be coming out of his slump.

Really nice game by Kluber today. Only 4 teams own him in my league, and I am the only team having him going. He could be a real key for me...I think he is a top 5 pitcher when healthy, and he is not well owned.

Thru games of June 1st:

Bronze: 2-4-4-5 --- 95/650
Silver: 10-8 --- 25/90

Payout with those finishes would be $235.

The last 4 days have been as quiet as the 4 days before that were volatile. Lots of lost opportunities this week, though, from having the wrong guys in my lineup. Correa, Springer & Zimmerman, in particular, have had big weeks.

Thru games of June 2nd:

Bronze: 2-5-4-5 --- 88/650
Silver: 11-8 --- 27/90

Payout with those finishes would be $205.

CDM has a 2nd season roto game that starts Monday and they will have a 2nd season points games that begins in early July. Fantrax has several 2nd season games in both points & roto that will be 12-team leagues with a 90% payout to the top 3 places and entry fees of $10, $25 & $50.....and will only last 5 weeks. Have you looked at any of those? They are structured differently....with a 25-man roster & a 17-man starting lineup. The budget cap is also different, with players assigned prices more like your typical fantasy league prices from $1 up to around $50 and (I think) a $300 total cap. Not sure how that applies to the starting lineup...but I don't think there is a cap for the starting lineup, only the total roster. Also allows for multiple positions if a player qualifies...which is similar to many fantasy games. Haven't really looked at it that closely.

Thru games of June 3rd:

Bronze: 2-4-3-5 --- 59/650
Silver: 6-5 --- 14/90

Payout with those finishes would be $705.

Yesterday was easily the best day I have had this week. The 128 points were either 1st or 2nd for the day in all six leagues. The silver teams made the biggest moves. Zunino's 15 points was the biggest factor, as very few other teams have him since he was sent down earlier in the year.

Springer....wtf

Springer & Correa have hit 9 HRs & scored 100 points between them this week....and I have both of them on the bench. You can't overcome mistakes like that. I may be able to hang around and break about even, but the teams at the top of my leagues are opening up a lead on me that I'm not going to be able to close.

Had a great day yesterday, but I'm giving most of it back today. (And Boston scored in the top of the 9th with a 3-run lead to kill yet another save opp for me. It's been uncanny how often that has happened....a team with a 3-run lead for my closer scoring in its last at bat.)

And Zimmerman just hit his 3rd HR this week. He's on my bench, too. That is 12 HRs this week from just 3 guys whom I took out of the lineup just before the week began.

Last edited:
Not leaving Springer in for Trout was really stupid of me. Even if Trout was not badly hurt he was going to miss at least a couple games, and not be 100 percent. (at hitting!) he should have been benched no matter who I had to take his spot. Been doing this too long to make that kind of mistake.

Back