• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Thru games of June 4th:

Bronze: 2-5-4-5 --- 81/650
Silver: 8-7 --- 22/90

Payout with those finishes would be $355.

I had a slightly positive week overall, but it could have been a great one if I had left Springer, Correa & Zimmerman in my lineup instead of Trout, Story & Conforto.

I went from 13 pitchers to 12 for next week. Dropped Duffy who is out 6-8 weeks to pick up Murphy as my 3rd second baseman. Was going to drop Maeda for Greinke, but Greinke will no longer get 2 starts, so I put that on hold. Have Bedrosian back in as closer which is kind of a leap of faith. lol Only cost me 1 start, and he will pitch though it might not be as a closer. (wasn't a good start available anyway) Biggest decision is Lamb or Thames in the utility spot. Lamb has 6 home games with 5 against right handers, that moves him up in the lineup. Thames has 7 games with 4 at home. Right now I have lamb going.

I never replaced Jameson Taillon. Now it looks like he could come back as soon as next week. (They first thought his year was over.) He could end up being the feel-good story of the year. A realization of just how fragile life can be often really fuels a person.

I had to leave Chris Sale on the bench this week. He has one start at home vs Detroit. Instead, I have Lance McCullers on the road at Kansas City. Obviously, that's a downgrade....but there was just no way to get Sale in the lineup. I would have put in Haniger, even though he is only going to get 3 or 4 games, if I had a middle-priced outfielder to take out. The problem is that all of my outfielders are either very cheap of very expensive. There was no middle ground. Neither Santana nor Conforte gave me enough money to make the SP change and I didn't want to take out Betts, Harper, Springer or Blackmon.

By the way, in 20+ years of fantasy baseball, this is the first time that I've ever used my last purchase before the 1st day of June. Just call me Tiger Pride! I do have everything backed up but catcher...and my plan there was always to go with those to dirt-cheap guys (Hedges & Zunino)...so I can still complete as long as I don't get SP injuries. Position players can be worked around, but not pitchers when you only have 11. And I am only 5 points out of 5th place with my 2nd silver team...and 5th place in the silver league pays $325. Also, I am in 8th place with my other silver team, which would pay $100...and only 30 points out of 5th place in that league. (And when I say 5 or 30 points, that's not much when you consider that right now my point total for the year is 5,558 points....so the two 5th place teams have 5,588 & 5,563 points right now.) Just two 5th places would be $650, and I am currently in or right at the money with all 4 bronze teams....though they don't pay that much. My out-of-pocket investment for the 6 teams is only $155. (The total cost was $510, but $355 of that came from carry-over winnings from last year that were left in my account.)

Here is my lineup for the week:

C
Hedges, Austin C - SD

C
Zunino, Mike C - SEA

1B
Goldschmidt, Paul 1B - ARI

1B
Thames, Eric 1B - MIL

2B
Altuve, José 2B - HOU

2B
Murphy, Daniel 2B - WAS

3B
Arenado, Nolan 3B - COL

3B
Sanó, Miguel 3B - MIN

SS
Correa, Carlos SS - HOU

SS
Seager, Corey SS - LAD

OF
Betts, Mookie OF - BOS

OF
Blackmon, Charlie OF - COL

OF
Conforto, Michael OF - NYM

OF
Harper, Bryce OF - WAS

OF
Santana, Domingo OF - MIL

OF
Springer, George OF - HOU

UT
Bryant, Kris 3B - CHC

UT
Zimmerman, Ryan 1B - WAS

SP
Archer, Chris SP - TB

SP
Bundy, Dylan SP - BAL

SP
Fulmer, Michael SP - DET

SP
McCullers Jr., Lance SP - HOU

SP
Paxton, James SP - SEA

SP
Scherzer, Max SP - WAS

RP
Giles, Ken RP - HOU

RP
Holland, Greg RP - COL

RP
Kimbrel, Craig RP - BOS

RP
Wood, Alex RP - LAD 

Forsythe, Logan 2B - LAD

Lindor, Francisco SS - CLE

Story, Trevor SS - COL

Benintendi, Andrew (R) OF - BOS

Brantley, Michael OF - CLE

Haniger, Mitch (R) OF - SEA 

Trout, Mike OF - LAA 

Carrasco, Carlos SP - CLE

Kershaw, Clayton SP - LAD

Sale, Chris SP - BOS

Strasburg, Stephen SP - WAS

Verlander, Justin SP - DET 

Allen, Cody RP - CLE

Last edited:
Thru games of June 5th:

Bronze: 3-4-4-5 --- 78/650
Silver: 8-7 --- 22/90

Payout with those finishes would be $360.

Not much going on last night with a short schedule for a Monday. However, my uncanny bad luck with lost save opportunities continued. Houston took a 4-3 lead into the top of the 9th inning...a nice save waiting for Giles. I could even stand up to 2 more runs from Houston and still be in line for a save. Then, with a man on 1st base, the Royals botched a double play ground ball allowing both runners to be safe....and, of course, some guy that I had never heard of hit a 3-run HR to make it 7-3. No save opp for Giles. What made this one even worse was that the guys in 5th & 6th place in that close silver league where I am 7th didn't have Giles and that save would have moved me up to 5th place.

The team in first place in my league has a 37 point lead on me. He just added Keuchel and Lamb this week, and still has 9 purchases left. Our teams are too similar for me to catch him....actually his team is still better than mine. Sure wish I wouldn't have been too late for a Gold team.

If I am going to make any kind of a move, tonight would be a good place to start. I have three good SPs going (Archer & Paxton at home & Scherzer at the Dodgers.) My goal is to score 100 pitching points tonight. I realize that is a reach, but I might as well aim high. LOL. 27 strikeouts, 21 innings and 3 wins would be 78 points from the starters. Then I would need 2 saves from my 4 closers.

Thru games of June 6th:

Bronze: 2-4-4-5 --- 72/650
Silver: 10-7 --- 24/90

Payout with those finishes would be $285.

Well, I didn't get my 100 pitching points last night...but I almost did. Had 86 pitching points with 35 strikeouts in 21 innings. Only had 2 wins with 1 save as Giles blew his save opp. Overall I had a big scoring night with 144 points. The problem was that several other teams had an even bigger night and I actually slipped a little bit in the standings. The is nothing I can do about what other teams score, though, and I can't be unhappy with a 144-point night. (I only had 26 points during Monday's short schedule, for example.)

I want to be the first to predict the World Series teams for 2017. This year's World Series will be played between.......

The Houston Astros and the Washington Nationals.

Thru games of June 7th:

Bronze: 3-4-4-5 --- 78/650
Silver: 8-8 --- 22/650

Payout with those finishes would be $310.

League positions have settled into a narrow range lately. That's both good and bad, I suppose, as it means I have a chance to finish in the money with all six teams....but have virtually no chance to win any of my leagues, or to even finish in the top 3 in the silver leagues where the good money is.

Thru games of June 8th:

Bronze: 2-4-4-5 --- 84/650
Silver: 10-8 --- 25/90

Payout with those finishes would be $235.

My bronze teams are pretty much stuck in place in that 3-4-5 area. The key to the season for me is if I can get my silver teams up to 5th or 6th. I think that is about the best possible there. 5th pays $325 & 6th pays $225, so that would give me a small profit. The downside, of course, is that my silver teams could easily fall completely out of the money at 9th or lower. A 2-4-4 finish for three of the bronze teams would only pay a total of $135.

I've just made way too many mistakes to do anything more than break somewhere around even.

CDM is doing a mid-season points league that begins on July 14th, but unless you decided that you wanted to try it I think I will probably just stick with my 6 teams here.

Thru games of June 9th:

Bronze: 2-4-5-5 --- 83/650
Silver: 9-7 --- 23/650

Payout with those finishes would be $255.

Very little change yesterday. Standings seem unusually stable for early June.

Jameson Taillon has 2 home starts next week. I am the only one in my league that has him. A couple quality starts by him could really give me a nice bump.

With Trout out, and Bryant not producing my hitting keeps going further south. I think I need to add Blackmon next week instead of another pitcher.

Thru games of June 10th:

Bronze: 4-4-5-5 --- 96/650
Silver: 12-9 --- 28/90

Payout with those finishes would be $60.

Awful day yesterday. Lost significant ground everywhere. Worst position I've been in since May 20th, three weeks ago. Have 3 SPs going at home today (Scherzer, Archer & Paxton). Need big games by everybody right now, but with my overall situation the odds are against me for the rest of this season.

Taillon could really give you a big boost next week with two good starts. You have to be one of a very, very few teams that did not drop him.

I'm going to get crushed today. Only have 2 pitchers going and a third of my hitters sitting. Other than maybe Zimmerman these other guys are not even hurt.
Hedges
Arenado
Turner
Renfroe
Zimmerman
Duvall

I disagree with you about the Nats making the world Series. Dusty will find a way to screw it up. He is already giving his best players days off. He has went from destroying pitchers careers to being way to conservative.

Several hitters are sitting today. Seems like teams are getting into a habit of giving some guys Sunday off. Hope Zimmerman's back is going to be OK after several days off. He has 7 games scheduled next week to Goldschmidt's 5....and is almost 2M cheaper in points leagues. I will watch it again tomorrow morning of course, but right now I have that move made in order to get those top SPs in next week. Kershaw & Strasburg have two starts (along with the cheap Fulmer) and my three 1-start SPs are Scherzer, Sale & the cheap McCullers (who is home and, I think, one of the top SPs overall right now....a real bargain, along with Paxton).

That's a powerful pitching lineup. Couldn't have done it without Haniger back and Trout still out....and still needed Zimmerman for Goldschmidt.

You know, I was going to go pretty cheap at 2B when planning my original roster...and now I have expensive guys there with Altuve & Murphy. And I have to play them because my backup (Forsythe) has turned out to be worthless so far this year.

Several hitters are sitting today. Seems like teams are getting into a habit of giving some guys Sunday off. Hope Zimmerman's back is going to be OK after several days off. He has 7 games scheduled next week to Goldschmidt's 5....and is almost 2M cheaper in points leagues. I will watch it again tomorrow morning of course, but right now I have that move made in order to get those top SPs in next week. Kershaw & Strasburg have two starts (along with the cheap Fulmer) and my three 1-start SPs are Scherzer, Sale & the cheap McCullers (who is home and, I think, one of the top SPs overall right now....a real bargain, along with Paxton).

That's a powerful pitching lineup. Couldn't have done it without Haniger back and Trout still out....and still needed Zimmerman for Goldschmidt.

You know, I was going to go pretty cheap at 2B when planning my original roster...and now I have expensive guys there with Altuve & Murphy. And I have to play them because my backup (Forsythe) has turned out to be worthless so far this year.

I'm not taking Goldie or Lamb out next week. They are 2 of my hottest hitters right now. Even if Zimmerman comes back tomorrow he will play no more than 6 games, probably just 5. Of course money is a big factor for you next week. I think home games and lefty righty is more of a factor this year. Seems nobody is playing 7 games in a week.

I have only lost 2.5 points today with my depleted lineup. I have 7 HR's, 11 runs, and 17 rbi's so far.

Back