• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

This is the first year i haven't had Tulo since his breakout year. (which I think was his rookie year) His health was the only reason even though his replacement (Hanley) has health issues as well. I try to avoid players with hamstring issues since they are so reoccurring. I didn't think it was wise to have both CarGo/Tulo as high priced players when they both have missed many games in the past. My experience has been you have to have too many high priced/blue chip players on the bench to back them up. That tends to get my total roster out of control and really hard to manage weekly changes. Cuddyer at 35 going out with a hammy probably means he needs to be dropped, imo. I probably will pick up 2 rockies to go along with CarGo.

Tophat...I don't know why you benched Tulo. If you have him you really need to ride his hot streaks.

AHHH it know he has been crushing it but I felt I was getting killed in saves so pretty much made an effort to get Kimbrel in. In retrospect it was a terrible decision. I'll likely have him in as long as he doesn't have a shirt week or gets injured (knock on wood) from now on.

Fantrax Roto Fantasy Baseball

Rockies have 7 games next week....4 of them at Coors.

Yup already working on the schedule for next week. It is going to be a very big week for most leagues as guys like Cabby, Harper, McCutchen and Marte only play 5 games. A teams depth should really show. My strategy is to keep those guys playing 5 games out no matter what, I'll use the money elsewhere.

I don't have Felix. I can't imagine not starting him against Houston no matter where they play.....that is a "give me" in my opinion.

I picked Wainwright over him. Keeping either of those guys out has to be your last option. Both are top 5 pitchers.

0 for 25 now. Four days. 0 hits. 0 runs. 0 RBIs. 0 steals.

Serves me right for picking up a damned Atlanta Braves player. I'm getting what I deserved. I didn't need a 4th first basemen to begin with. Don't know what the hell I was thinking.

I usually blame my poor choices in claims on the drink....were you by chance enjoying an adult beverage?

I have been working on my team all afternoon. I can't decide on who to keep in on my current roster much less who to pickup. I have 4 players that have just 5 games next week. Three of them are my biggest bats. As good as Blackmon has been he is not a sure thing once Cuddyer comes back. An even cheaper Dickerson (450k) could easily come into play. It could turn into a platoon situation...who knows. I suppose when you don't know what to do the best thing is to do nothing. We are still in April and Kershaw may be back next week. Hopefully things will be a little clearer by then.

I thought I was going to make that move myself. While looking at their numbers there is not that much difference other than BA. That the Rockies have a ton of home games in the next couple weeks make it a hard choice for me. Add that to Cuddyer being on the DL really hurts. I might still make that change if there is enough money to get him in without sacrificing pitching. I sure need some help hitting with Stanton giving me a single rbi and batting .167 in his first week.

Pujols

He sure has gotten off to a nice start....20 rbi's and already 8 home runs. Anyone think he may be getting back to his old form? He sure is seeing the ball a lot better. Only 8 strikeouts in 88 at bats.

Colabello is leading the AL with 26 rbi's yet I can't find him in Fantrax. Was wondering his price.

I don't think that Fantrax has him listed yet...which is kind of surprising. We will probably be getting an email soon saying that he is now available. Don't know what his price might be.

I think he will be 700k

Another nice start for Ventura...shame he is on my bench.

My team is having a productive night so far.... 9-1-11-1-.426 thru 47 at bats. That has moved me back up to 5-16 & 2-12 after a bad day yesterday dropped me down to my worst levels of the year at 7-26 & 5-14.

It is something about Fridays with my team...

49 24 11 2 13 1 .490

It is something about Fridays with my team...

49 24 11 2 13 1 .490

I'm pretty sure I haven't had a day that my team has batted .300. I am tied for last place batting .243.

I'm still doing ok in home runs, but have been falling lately. My cheap second baseman (Dozier) has 7 HR's while my big hitters Adam Jones, Chris Davis, and Prince Fielder have 6....combined!

I miss counted...they have only 5 between them. To get to 7 HR's I could add Miguel Cabrera to that list. As much as I would like to reshuffle this has to correct itself before too long.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I haven't had a day that my team has batted .300. I am tied for last place batting .243.

I'm still doing ok in home runs, but have been falling lately. My cheap second baseman (Dozier) has 7 HR's while my big hitters Adam Jones, Chris Davis, and Prince Fielder have 6....combined!

I miss counted...they have only 5 between them. To get to 7 HR's I could add Miguel Cabrera to that list. As much as I would like to reshuffle this has to correct itself before too long.

Those are just some cold bats, prince will wake up and though I am not a huge fan of Davis I think he will hit his stride soon.

Well, this week has been miserable. I think I've forgotten what color the points are on a positive scoring day... Down to 88.5 points... Last week I was up to about 115 points which equated to like 12th place. Now I'm in 23rd. Not only has my hitting been terrible, but my pitching really has had a rough week. Balfour really killed me last night.. Especially since I don't have Abreu. I'm not going to drop Ubaldo yet but I'm just gonna keep him on the bench; He's been really unimpressive this year. So much for beginners luck, eh?

Next week, I got a lot of 2 start pitchers (Bumgarner, Darvish, Fernandez, Gray, and Wacha). I'm also starting an extra starter (Cain vs. SD) as opposed to a 4th closer (Nathan; he only plays 5 games and I'll use the saved money towards hitting). Even though McCutch has 5 games, I gotta keep him in. He was the only one that's hit well for me this week. Wanna take advantage of his hot streak.

Last edited:
I'm not that confident about those two guys. I'm glad I don't have either one of them. (I guess that's why we have 325 different teams. :) )

It's going to be interesting to see how Fielder's body holds up under that suffocating Texas heat in July & August. He has never played in those conditions in his career. Lot cooler in July & August in Milwaukee & Detroit than in Texas.

You are way too fixated on Fielder's weight. I suppose when you don't like someone you look for the easiest target. The guy is the active iron man leader for consecutive games played. How about you start going with greed or how he treated his father. I admit that I never seen a vegetarian carry that much weight. (probably cheats) While heavy, he is still in better shape than you or I. I expect him to heat up with the weather. If the Texas heat every does become an issue he will just DH. He probably would be already but he is a pretty decent first baseman. He may not have a great year. If he doesn't it won't be because of his weight or the Texas weather. Neither have stopped him in the past. Your weather argument has no merit.

I'm not that confident about those two guys. I'm glad I don't have either one of them. (I guess that's why we have 325 different teams. :) )

It's going to be interesting to see how Fielder's body holds up under that suffocating Texas heat in July & August. He has never played in those conditions in his career. Lot cooler in July & August in Milwaukee & Detroit than in Texas.

Damn Bob I was just offering some therapy, just bringing the truth.

Hey Punch N Judy hitters, don't get me wrong, I love any HR you hit because you hit so few, but damn please do it with someone on base!

Ian Desmond has played the last two days like he wants to remain on my team: 6 for 9 with 3 RBIs, 2 Runs & a Stolen Base. :thumbsup:

That has me in a really tuff situation. With Davis on the DL I really need to add someone. Of course this opens the door even further for Tulo. I hate to drop Desmond when my other SS (Miller) is doing nothing. He has made some costly mistakes on the field as well so he could lose his everyday job. With Davis out I probably could go with Hanley, Tulo, and Desmond for the next couple weeks. That would have to be a temporary situation.

btw, if it was Fielder instead of Davis going on the DL I would jump all over Pujols.

Hey Punch N Judy hitters, don't get me wrong, I love any HR you hit because you hit so few, but damn please do it with someone on base!

I hear you. My top home run hitter has a total of 9 rbi's to go with his 7 home runs.

Back