• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite paintings/drawings/photography/sculptures (visual art thread)

Clyfford Still museum in Denver is such a treat. His progression from representative to pure abstracted expressionism is fascinating and enthralling.

Give some Frank Lloyd Wright…I love how he mixes his clean lines intermingled in nature (water, stone and wood), I think they call it organic architecture.

The most affecting time I've ever spent in any art museum was in the Goya wing of the Prado. I was absolutely transfixed for a couple hours. Full disclosure, I don't know shit about art, but I was moved by every Goya painting.

I am sucker for a Bierstadt or a Winslow Homer. The ability to capture the ruggedness and power of nature really tends to get me. There is a Japanese style of painting called yamato-e from like the 9th century that show beautiful landscapes, but then also have tiny people painted in them to show the vastness of nature and how small we are by comparison. I dig paintings that make me feel that way.

The most affecting time I've ever spent in any art museum was in the Goya wing of the Prado. I was absolutely transfixed for a couple hours. Full disclosure, I don't know shit about art, but I was moved by every Goya painting.
I hear ya, I love me some El Greco as well. Such a distinct style you can immediately recognize.

But my favorite art museum is the Reina Sofia as I just can't ever get enough of Picasso or Dali. Guernica is stunning in person.

I hear ya, I love me some El Greco as well. Such a distinct style you can immediately recognize.

But my favorite art museum is the Reina Sofia as I just can't ever get enough of Picasso or Dali. Guernica is stunning in person.
yeah, seeing Guernica, and it's sheer size after seeing it in books, was breath taking. Same with Las Meninas at the Prado.

Back