• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite single play of All Time for you

Wake Forest--Childress hitting the ACC title winner in 1995--no question

non-Wake--David Freese walk off homer in the 11th to stun the Texas Rangers in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series, leading to the comeback of all comebacks!

Lee Foye beating NC in ACC Tourney.

Larry Russell's shovel pass to beat UNC.

And of course:

Mine That Bird, Kentucky Derby

The Louisville kid breaking his leg

Scottie Wedman with the rainbow ... good

Nique v. Bird Game 7 in Boston in the mid 80s. Both guys threw in over 20 in the 4th quarter

WVU v. Wake, particularly Jamaal Levy going to the free throw line to shoot technical free throws

Hank Gathers and then his buddy shooting left handed free throws

Drew Pearson from Staubach against the Vikings

The earthquake at the world series

Garth Iorg being called safe at first in the 85 World Series (did I get the right guy? Royals v. Cardinals)

0.03 seconds

Manu fouling Dirk up 3 in game 7 and under 24 seconds left

Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob again

big Shot Bob again

Ray Allen's 3 from the corner, but for me before that - the timeout with Miami down 5 and lebron staring up into space throughout a lot of the timeout after two horrific turnovers

the louisville kid breaking his leg is a favorite play of yours?

fuck you dude

Mine That Bird, Kentucky Derby

The Louisville kid breaking his leg

Scottie Wedman with the rainbow ... good

Nique v. Bird Game 7 in Boston in the mid 80s. Both guys threw in over 20 in the 4th quarter

WVU v. Wake, particularly Jamaal Levy going to the free throw line to shoot technical free throws

Hank Gathers and then his buddy shooting left handed free throws

Drew Pearson from Staubach against the Vikings

The earthquake at the world series

Garth Iorg being called safe at first in the 85 World Series (did I get the right guy? Royals v. Cardinals)

0.03 seconds

Manu fouling Dirk up 3 in game 7 and under 24 seconds left

Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob again

big Shot Bob again

Ray Allen's 3 from the corner, but for me before that - the timeout with Miami down 5 and lebron staring up into space throughout a lot of the timeout after two horrific turnovers

You realize the thread is "favorite" and not "most memorable", right?

whoops, did these as memorable. but thanks for the overreaction dude. Nothing gives me pause more than some schmo with 180,000 posts on a sports board

Chase Utley's deke in the 2008 World Series

gibsonx.jpg

Kirk Gibson, 1988. Home run in the bottom of the ninth off Eckersley to win the game. He hobbled around the bases. More memorable because Vin Scully was calling the series.

That would be my least favorite play of all time.

Ronde Barber pick six against the iggles

There are probably a few already mentioned that I would rate higher, but I remember being stoked to see Hank Aaron hit #715. Hank was my favorite athlete at the time and, even as a young kid, I knew I had just watched something historic.

Damn, townie, I think Kahoji has you in a boards tizzy.

it was a really, really bad flashback

i was home watching the tournament stoned by myself in the basement

seeing someone's leg snap in half while stoned eating a sandwich is just messed up

knowing le bone, i wouldn't have put it past him if he like, irrationally hated louisville and took some joy in that

but yea, it was harsh

Saracen's TD pass to beat the Westerby Chaps 27-24. Gutsy performance after some jitters coming into the game for Street.

Back