• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite single play of All Time for you

Phonz pick 6 against MD to spark our rally! I was in attendance. I called it actually...it was the only possible play that was going to allow me to stay at the game. Pops had called it quits and was leaving had MD scored. It was also my birthday.

Childress' crossover in the '95 ACC Tournament followed by Otis Nixon's wall-climbing catch for the Braves.

Found it on YouTube. I stand corrected. The reaction of the guys on the bench is my favorite part of the clip. To see a walk-on get that much love was fantastic. That, and seeing Skip again, will inspire.

I think John Buck's dunk was against UVAgina.

Outside of the obvious ones mentioned already, my favorite play was Richard Belton's 2nd effort TD on 4th and Goal at UMD for the division in 2006. That was one of the few times I remember Grobe really going for the jugular.

Pro Football: Gibson knocking down Neil O'Donnell's pass in the end zone to send the Chargers to their only Super Bowl in my lifetime - 1994

Pro Basketball: Derek Fisher buzzer beater v Spurs with .4 seconds left. 2004

Pro Baseball: Tony Gwynn's HR in Game 1 vs Yankees in World Series to give Pads 4-2 lead. 1998

Golf: Payne Stewart winning US Open

College Football: Birg's TD Run vs State to seal game against #11 NC State and Philip Rivers. 2003

College Basketball: Chris Paul's buzzer beating floater @ State (nut punch game). Watching with 2 State fans. 2004

Last edited:
Pro Football: Gibson knocking down Neil O'Donnell's pass in the end zone to send the Chargers to their only Super Bowl in my lifetime - 1994

Pro Basketball: Derek Fisher buzzer beater v Spurs with .4 seconds left. 2007

Pro Baseball: Tony Gwynn's HR in Game 1 vs Yankees in World Series to give Pads 4-2 lead. 1998

Golf: Payne Stewart winning US Open

College Football: Birg's TD Run vs State to seal game against #11 NC State and Philip Rivers. 2003

College Basketball: Chris Paul's buzzer beating floater @ State (nut punch game). Watching with 2 State fans. 2004

I hate you for bringing up .4

That .4 shot was in 2004.

Also if you're a Lakers fan, I don't know how you can put that shot over Horry's game winner against the Kings in 2002. Lakers didn't even win the championship in 04.

Last edited:
That .4 shot was in 2004.

Also if you're a Lakers fan, I don't know how you can put that shot over Horry's game winner against the Kings in 2002. Lakers didn't even win the championship in 04.

You are right. Missed that. Was watching a youtube of it to bring back he memory, and the youtube clip was 07

Also, I didn't realize that the thread was "greatest play that lead to a championship". Birgs td in that game didn't even lead to a bowl game or winning season. Shouldn't have picked that either I guess.

I didn't like Horry a ton. Fisher was one of my favorite players. And Tim Duncan's heave right before that was pretty crazy too.

Back