• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fed Gov't Guarantees Loan For Cars Built in Finland!

If Mexican day laborers are capable of building a factory that's capable of producing these cars, then I find it highly suspect that we don't already have a factory here.

More likely, looking for favorable corporate tax treatment.

84 is so far off the deep end that it's sad. He had no problem with Haliburton buying Cheney then getting billions in no bid contracts. he had no outrage at $9B in CASH disappearing in the first months in Iraq. He had no problem with W's economic policies that helped take a $5.6T surplus to abut $10T in debt.

He also opposed saving GM and Chrysler.

But he has a problem with this....

We should definitely demand consistency in the viewpoints of posters on this forum!

You know who Tesla is? Google. These guys need a government loan? Seriously? I'm not blaming them. If Obama handed me half a billion dollars tomorrow I would take it. What businessman wouldn't?

It's your call guys. If you think the federal government should be making loans to billionaires, so be it. And not for nothing but the current unemployment rate in Finland is 7.8 percent. It's 10% in the Euro-zone. Too bad Tarja Kaarina Halonen can't run here in 2012. She's making things happen over there.

If Mexican day laborers are capable of building a factory that's capable of producing these cars, then I find it highly suspect that we don't already have a factory here.

More likely, looking for favorable corporate tax treatment.

mexican day tax collectors

The problem is when straight, party-liners like 84 and his counterparts on the equally fucked up liberal side believe "if only MY party were in charge, this shit would stop." That's the silliness that undercuts all their arguments.

This. Kinda like the problems with Congress - if only we [insert tax cut, tax increase party line argument with no room for compromise], our economic problems would be solved.

Last edited:
You know who Tesla is?

images

84 is so far off the deep end that it's sad. He had no problem with Haliburton buying Cheney then getting billions in no bid contracts.

RJ, I'm sure I missed your outrage at this no-bid contract to Halliburton: http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/13675 Feel free to direct me to your specific posts.

Face it. Obama is more of the same except with extra suitcases of cash for the unions. Your response will be some variation of "what about when Bush/Cheney/Reagan/GOP did it"? The fact is our gov't is broke and broken. More taxes and bigger government aren't going to solve that, especially with all of the corporate cronyism, layers of government bureaucracy and duplicative agencies all looking to vacuum up our tax dollars.

The Obama stimulus has turned out to be just a big slush fund of tax dollars to pay off his buddies. But I don't expect that you will acknowledge it.

You mean like c ops in red states?

Without rev enue increases, the debt will explode. Therer aren't enough cuts that won;t destroy the economy.

84 and others on the right don't understand cuts=layoffs=higher unemployment=slower economic growth=bigger deficits.

What am I doing tryingnto reason with 84?

Last edited:
Thousands have bought the Tesla Roadster at $109,000.

"Thousands" might be overstating it. They've sold 1800 world wide in 3+ years. Ferrari sold 6573 cars in 2010 alone, at a much higher price.

so according to this guy's made up standard it gets worse mileage? wtf?

Made up standard? Facepalm

This is a direct quote from his article:

In the Clinton administration, the Department of Energy (DOE) created a far superior well to wheels MPGe metric that honestly compares the typical fossil fuel use of an electric vs. gasoline car, using real-world power plant efficiencies and fuel mixes to figure out how much fuel is used to produce the electricity that goes into the electric car.

He used a metric developed by the DOE during the Clinton administration.

Back