• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final kenpom rank of 118 under Bz. How much better will it be next season?

How much higher will we finish?

• Total voters

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Bz finished with a kenpom ranking of 118. Where do you expect the Deacs to finish next season under Manning?

"I do not expect Manning to finish worse than Bz" should be "I expect Manning to finish worse than Bz"

Last edited:
That's a poll fail. I think it should read "I expect Manning to finish worse than Bz."

I'll guess 41-60 as an early prognostication, but think it will be 55-65.

I'm obviously pretty positive early on lol.

What was Buzz's rank for each year he blessed us with his presence?

Pretty much impossible to tell at this point, not knowing the schedule or what the roster will look like. I went with slight improvement to 91-100, but there are way too many variables to do any more than guess at this point.

61-70 because that still isn't that good, but should be attainable for most power conference teams with competent coaching.

yknow what, i think we'll be in the 50s next year

major steps by our big guys - thomas, washington, cav and moto

slide cmm to SG and we're in business!

Strickland, do you think Wake could make the NCAAT next year?

Strickland, do you think Wake could make the NCAAT next year?

Yeah. Why not? I'm just trying to keep my expectations high. It's the only way that I can feel really good about this hire. There's no reason we shouldn't finish in the bubble with a decent case for inclusion this year.

No idea how good of a coach Manning is but his Tulsa teams were some of the youngest in the country. I said around 61-70, I think that is purely reflecting the roster. If Manning is a good coach he can get it into the 45-55s, assuming our schedule isnt a blood bath again. I think it will say a lot about how big of a reach this hire was if he crawls into the 80-90s.

Our defense has room to come down significantly, especially from the 89th ranked eFG%.

Call me crazy, but I voted 41-60.

At the end of the day, what I saw the past two years, with games like vs Miami, vs NCSU, vs Duke, vs Syracuse, is that we have the talent to compete with good teams, but didn't have a coach who could motivate that talent to perform. They had to be self-motivating, and that only worked in big home games against top teams and / or rivals. If Manning can get that kind of effort out of the team on a regular basis, then we can be better than people think.

Essential that we get some 3pt shooting though. Whether that means a post-grad, a last second class of '14 commit, or Overton and Watson contributing more than expected I don't know.

I'll say 81-90. Sorry, not as optimistic as some here. Hopefully, Manning and the team prove me wrong.

Yeah. Why not? I'm just trying to keep my expectations high. It's the only way that I can feel really good about this hire. There's no reason we shouldn't finish in the bubble with a decent case for inclusion this year.

No outside shooting?

In the 60s. Manning hasn't proved to be a great coach yet, but I can't imagine he will be awful. Lots of variables still like the schedule, finding a shooter, controlling Daniel Green's ego after he goes for 45 and 20 in his first game. Normal stuff.

Back