• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final Pre-Season OGBoards Record Outlook

I don't get why everyone is writing us off against Indiana didn't they lose a decent amount of talent especially on the offensive side of the ball? I don't care if it is the road it's not Death Valley.

While I want to think that Syracuse is close to a sure win, but I have thought that the last 3 years and we have lost them all.

I would like to think 6-6, but it would take not having a hiccup game.

Tulane - W
Duke - L
Delaware - W
Indiana - L
State - L
Syracuse - L
FSU - L
Army - L
UVA - W
Louisville - L
Clemson - L
BC - W

4-8 (2-6)

7-6

WF will beat Tulane, Delaware, Army, UVA and Syracuse at home. 5 wins.

WF will win one of @ Duke, @ State, @ Indiana, BC (BC is significantly improved this year). In the event that WF beats Duke in game #2, WF will get additional early-season mojo and could get to 7 or even 8 wins if the injury bug does not hit.

WF will lose to, but be leading in the 4th quarter against one of Clemson, @FSU or @L'ville.

WF will go to a bowl, and win the bowl game for WF's first winning season since 2008. After the season, the caliber of recruiting will take another forward leap, football expectations will rise and the focus of the Board discussion at this time next year will be whether WF can keep Clawson after WF goes bowling in consecutive seasons by bowling after the 2016 and 2017 seasons.... Well, there also will be continued riveting discussion of the fan-favored delayed run play. :p

Last edited:
Seems to me that the two key games for next year are Duke and Indiana-- if we win either we should have at least 6 wins. Beating Duke would really be a big win and give us great Mo for the rest of the season.

Seems to me that the two key games for next year are Duke and Indiana-- if we win either we should have at least 6 wins. Beating Duke would really be a big win and give us great Mo for the rest of the season.

Not only that, Bud, it would supply evidence that our team actually has an effective offense and defense. A win against Duke would require a revision of our entire season outlook. It would be Yuge.

Should win-Tulane, Delaware, and Army
Toss Up-Duke, Indiana, BC, Syracuse, UVA, and NCSU
Loss-Florida St., Clemson, UL

I think we play two of the sure losses close and one of the sure wins close. I think we take 4 of the toss ups even though I predicted 5. We go anywhere between 6-6 worse case 8-4 best case. I think we beat Duke and Syracuse straight up and split between IU and NCSU. BC and UVA we can take both but I am nervous saying we will.

Tulane - W-Closer game than most people think in the first half. Wake pulls away in the 2nd 31-10
@Duke - W New or injured qb early in a not so hostile setting 28-20
Delaware - W Easy W 45-7
@Indiana - W Close payback win on the road again a new offense. Low scoring game. 17-14
@State - L Tight game NCSU wins by a last second fg 31-28
Syracuse - W We have been wanting this game and we get it this year. 34-24
@FSU - L 17-14 FSU lead at the half ends in 41-28 loss
Army - W Not close this year 41-17
UVA - W 24-21 A close win.
@Louisville - L A lot closer than people think after last years game. 34-30 UL
Clemson - L Let down game after the close loss to a to 15 UL team the previous week. 31-14 Clemson
BC - W Another defensive battle Watson gets the int in the endzone in the closing seconds and Deacs win 20-14.

^6-6 is the worst case scenario? Where do I sign up?! I'll say we go 5-7. Wins over Tulane, Delaware, Indiana, Syracuse, and army.

We have had a good summer. If you had started this thread 3 months ago I think the average prediction would be 4.5 wins

Vegas having our O/U at just a shade under 6 makes me feel better that we're not all just being overly optimistic

Vegas having our O/U at just a shade under 6 makes me feel better that we're not all just being overly optimistic

Most of it is the schedule. There are 6 home games against 3 non-conference cream puffs and the 3 worst teams in the conference.

I'm more interested in the performance than the record. This is the easiest path to being bowl eligible that an ACC team could ever assemble. I'm more interested in how good the team is rather than the record.

Most of it is the schedule. There are 6 home games against 3 non-conference cream puffs and the 3 worst teams in the conference.

No doubt. But hopefully the schedule is the elixir that gets the program going on an upward trajectory

Home games we win: Tulane, Delaware, Syracuse, Virginia, Army, BC
Away game we win: Duke

Beat the shitty teams, +1 good win. Bring it home.

Back