• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final Pre-Season OGBoards Record Outlook

I would sign up for this scenario right now, if I could. If only because it would be so incredibly perplexing and the most hilarious season ever.

Absolutely. But you know those losses would inevitably include some inexplicably terrible play calling/execution on our part, or criminally awful officiating, and it would be this maddening what might have been type scenario. So, a fairly normal WFU experience, in the aggregate.

8-4

Ya'll losing sight of being a true Deac fan.
It's all about unreasonable expectations.

My actual prediction, 6-6 with a bowl loss.

4 wins. 5 if BC isn't playing for a bowl.

Sirk is out for the season for Duke.

Sirk is out for the season for Duke.

My guess is that Daniel Jones will move into the starting role. Redshirt freshman that Wake offered as a PWO. Duke topped that with a greyshirt offer. Now he very well might be the starter. Go figure.

My guess is that Daniel Jones will move into the starting role. Redshirt freshman that Wake offered as a PWO. Duke topped that with a greyshirt offer. Now he very well might be the starter. Go figure.

What happened to Parker Boehme?

Tall - 6'5. Played at Charlotte Latin in a tennis shoe football league and didn't even win a state title. I'm not all that worried.

No two words strike fear in die hard Wake fans like "backup quarterback."

OK. I'm convinced the Deacs are vastly improved. 5-7. I guess they can win two games at home against Boston College, Virginia and Syracuse. But I'm fairly certain they can lose two as well and that is what Deacon football is all about...disappointment.

Point taken. We've got a rough history. Would be a great BSD article :thumbsup:

Yeah. The three I remember are the App St backup. Matt Ryan as a backup winning a road game and Dominque Davis leading a game winning drive at home.

For some strange reason, I actually think this could happen. I imagine the Duke game will disavow me of the view.

The non-conference schedule is just too tough. They need to replace Indiana with a home game against Elon. For Clawson to get to 6-6, he needs four absolute lock non-conference wins, rather than the three he has this year. Then he just has to improve his all-time best conference record at Wake of 1-7 by one game and he's there: A bowl game! Probably against another 6-6 team on the 3rd Saturday in December when everyone is either watching basketball or Christmas shopping. Get your ticket orders in early, as it's probably sure to be a sellout.

You can mock, bkf, but a bowl game from any circumstance would give Clawson an important accomplishment to sustain recruiting. At Wake, you have to make do by hook or crook.

Yep. The FRESH DEACS class essential to the ACC Championship was recruited in the wake of the Seattle Bowl.

Unfortunately Clawson had to recruit Seattle Bowl caliber players.

This is the reason why Duke has been improving. Weak OOC schedule and win enough to go bowling gradually improve recruiting and records as the years go by. At Wake it has to be done this way. 3 to 4 consistent season of weak OOC and bowls then maybe add a mid level teams for a game or two.

This is the reason why Duke has been improving. Weak OOC schedule and win enough to go bowling gradually improve recruiting and records as the years go by. At Wake it has to be done this way. 3 to 4 consistent season of weak OOC and bowls then maybe add a mid level teams for a game or two.

Mountain Don't

Screw this. Don't want to be known as the team that schedules easy (aka State). Embarrassing. It's ok every once in a while to have an easy schedule like this season.

Obviously with the new 8-2/9-1 scheduling they will enact we won't have to worry about pansy ass, short cut scheduling.

You can mock, bkf, but a bowl game from any circumstance would give Clawson an important accomplishment to sustain recruiting. At Wake, you have to make do by hook or crook.

Meh. If it makes you feel better to call a mid-December game between two 6-6 teams....especially if you have teams who won 4 cupcake N/C games and went 2-6 in the conference....a "Bowl Game", by all means feel free to do so. To me, it's more like scheduling a meaningless 13th game at the end of the season. If you haven't beaten anyone worth a damn all year and you went 2-6 in the conference, saying you are a "bowl team" just sounds silly to me. If that is an "important accomplishment", we are in really sad shape.

Back