• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

A more summarized version of that post: Is today's ad the one you're going to feel most like spreading (as a Wake Forest fan)? No. Is it one I think will be effective in grabbing attention outside the Wake Forest fan base? Yes. So share it. As much as you can.

Its all about leading up until tomorrow and hopefully by that point we can send a pretty damn strong message and not be written off by the media or RW.

I think just saying...

Dino Gaudio won 61 games in 3 years and was fired.
Jeff [Redacted] lost 60 games in 3 years and ???.

...would have been more direct and less mathy.

Still, nice work getting the message out.

I think just saying...

See, that's a good suggestion.

Ok, Andy Katz and I have had our morning conversation. He did ask what the reaction will be if bzz is retained. He is certainly engaged in the conversation.

BTW, I'm sure he loved today's ad since him and Dino are buddies and he's on the record saying he thought Wellman made a bad decision letting Dino go (lets not debate that, just accept the fact it give us some support from Andy).

I think just saying...

But how many games did we play? There's nothing in your post that even proves [Redacted]'s record is worse than Gaudio's, unless the reader knows how many games a coach would have had in 3 seasons. Still, even if they do, that likely goes beyond the level of thinking an average fan wants to do when they see an advertisement.

The stats I'm throwing out there have been fairly well vetted internally and externally, by now. This one's powerful externally.

Maybe my understanding of why is bullshit, but my understanding of it really doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Great ad again. These ads are "waking the nation". VT, your reasoning is sound & I am glad I had a small part in contributing. Can't wait to see tomorrows ad. These ads, along with the national media attention they are getting, are laying the wood to RW, BoT, etc.

#STANDINGOVATION AGAIN!

Ok, Andy Katz and I have had our morning conversation. He did ask what the reaction will be if bzz is retained. He is certainly engaged in the conversation.

BTW, I'm sure he loved today's ad since him and Dino are buddies and he's on the record saying he thought Wellman made a bad decision letting Dino go (lets not debate that, just accept the fact it give us some support from Andy).

As somebody else on here used as a reference yesterday; I hope you've done your best Howard Beale impersonation while communicating with Katz.

I know just how egregious Ron Wellman's decision would be, but I fear that he'll strike just as the apathy sets in to a point that it won't be nuclear.

I think just saying...

I don't disagree with your daily edits, but what purpose do they serve besides you telling all of us how smart you are?

I love this stat. One of my favorites.

You'll notice on the site it has a h/t to numbers... it was his idea and, honestly, it was received terribly on here when i first put it up.

I think I actually moved it to the bottom of the Stats page after the criticism because I still wasn't sure about it and was leaning towards nixing it all together... then, IIRC, Eammon Brennan's ESPN piece came out about the site that same day and it was prominently featured there. Its been an excellent addition & no doubt in my mind that it's contributed quite a bit to the spreading of the overall message. Numbers definitely deserves the credit on this one.

So far the daily ads have featured the three most powerful stats BuzzOut has in its arsenal. I'm excited for Sunday because I have no idea where this is going.

I don't disagree with your daily edits, but what purpose do they serve besides you telling all of us how smart you are?

Few know less about basketball than ph, I guess he's trying to make up for it. I can't find the quote, but there wAs a time when downplayed the "assist" stat. Nuff said

So far the daily ads have featured the three most powerful stats BuzzOut has in its arsenal. I'm excited for Sunday because I have no idea where this is going.

Tomorrow, the world will know just how terrible of a message board poster RJKarl really is.

As somebody else on here used as a reference yesterday; I hope you've done your best Howard Beale impersonation while communicating with Katz.

I know just how egregious Ron Wellman's decision would be, but I fear that he'll strike just as the apathy sets in to a point that it won't be nuclear.

I'd like to think I've communicated quite clearly to Andy our feelings and what we think should happen. My goal is try and get this on the big network. I don't know if it will happen but keeping Andy engaged in the conversation seems to give us the best chance. I did tell him that Wellman will become the focus next if Bzz is brought back and certainly if he's given an extension.

I stick by my outlandish assertion that we should find a way to anonymously fund & convince the #BuzzIn people (mainly found on Scout and FB) to launch a counter-offensive against us.

No stat that I've published...no quote that I've dug up... no comparison I've made... nothing comes close to the level of cringe-worthyness achieved by the vast majority of the logic (i hate even using that word to describe it) they've attempted to use.

Back