• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

Good work VT, looking forward to tomorrow's ad (which I really hope is the "3 year pattern" quote).

I don't disagree with your daily edits, but what purpose do they serve besides you telling all of us how smart you are?

Actually we want everyone's legitimate feedback. If RW does the unthinkable, this thing is not over. We need to be polishing our presentation. I don't think that PH's suggestion is a bad one. But I am partial to the particular stat that was used today. One reason I like it is that it is pretty much guaranteed to get worse the longer he stays.

Tomorrow, the world will know just how terrible of a message board poster RJKarl really is.

Trollin, trollin, trollin; though the streams are swollen; Keep them doggies movin; Troll hard! Through rain or wind or weather, we're trollin RJ better, wishin his girl was by my side. Headum up movum out, Headum up movum out, Headum up movum out, RJKarl... ;) (I'm keeping the grandson and didn't get much sleep...)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MSHr4ubuD64&desktop_uri=/watch?v=MSHr4ubuD64

Last edited:
Today's statistic is my favorite (saddest).

It doesn't necessarily make the point for retaining Dino, but it clearly shows that keeping [Redacted] is cronyism.

You'll notice on the site it has a h/t to numbers... it was his idea and, honestly, it was received terribly on here when i first put it up.

I think I actually moved it to the bottom of the Stats page after the criticism because I still wasn't sure about it and was leaning towards nixing it all together... then, IIRC, Eammon Brennan's ESPN piece came out about the site that same day and it was prominently featured there. Its been an excellent addition & no doubt in my mind that it's contributed quite a bit to the spreading of the overall message. Numbers definitely deserves the credit on this one.

Thanks for the credit, but all I did was tweet the number and people ran with it. Glad I could contribute though! You don't need to credit me on the site I definitely don't mind that you're using it.

I think the placement under the FSU/UNC write-up is helpful for us though.

I believe so.

I don't mean to spill the beans on this, but I've heard rumblings since Thursday from the Strattons that placement for Sunday may have gotten moved around by the paper.

Unless something has seriously changed, the ad will still be the same size & in the sports section... Hopefully one of the brothers Stratt is comfortable discussing.

I'm confident with the content being a hit but I just don't want to have higher expectations floating around out there about its placement if we know its not going to be where the Strattons originally thought. My advice to the Strattons was to try to keep the original agreement; but if the paper's not budging, try to go ahead and get another spot (on the N&R's tab) for next Thursday and we can just run the friendly-themed/non-FireBz ad for the players, etc in that space.

The key to tomorrow's ad won't necessarily be where it runs, it will be that we all get together in making sure it gets where it needs to go.

Last edited:
The publisher actually pulled it off of the front page. He wouldn't give a reason but I imagine he got some heat over the first ad. I don't think it matters at this point. People will be looking for it.

We will be chatting with them further on Monday.

Oh well. Thursday was the best day to have the frontpage ad especially with the way it was laid out.

Building off the ad and Ph's post:

Dino Gaudio lost 31 games in 3 years and was fired.
Jeff [Redacted] lost 60 games in 3 years and ???.

Ron Wellman, do the right thing.

Just a verbal. I think we will come off as jerks at this point if we make that a story. We stay focused on the message. I will see what concessions we can get from them.

Not the example I want Wake to go by. It took 14 years of mediocrity for somebody to finally grow a set.

Completely agree with your point...but I'm not sure what about the last 3 years has been mediocre at Wake.

Sorry to digress, but Northwestern (another academically focused, D1 school) knows how to fire their coach: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...armody-era-is-officially-over-at-northwestern
The Wildcats lost their final nine games this season and finished 13-19. More important, they never made the Field of 68 (or 65 or 64) under Carmody, which is typically considered the pass-fail mark for power-conference coaches

And to think that that's the standard for keeping your job at Northwestern and our AD wants the coach at Wake Forest to be held to a lesser standard.

Just a verbal. I think we will come off as jerks at this point if we make that a story. We stay focused on the message. I will see what concessions we can get from them.

1) lame of them.

2) always get it in writing.

3) this IS a potential story if you want to make it one.

Here's a little about Northwestern:

"The team has consistently finished in the bottom half of the Big Ten, with only two finishes above fourth place since World War II and none since 1968.

It is the only member of a BCS conference to have never appeared in an NCAA tournament

Back