• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

No dv7, it's #vtwhatout. He flopped.

But still a great job no matter what.

I screwed up on the planning. Without giving away what's in the ad, I could have made it far less obvious that I had to submit it a day early if I switched the order of Friday and Saturday's ads . Friday's was going to be 1 result behind, regardless.

I've had to do versions of all 4 days now; & I can confidently say tomorrow's going to be (by far) my least favorite.

I'm going to supplement it with information on the actual site but I'd recommend lowered expectations for tomorrow. (placement and execution)

Don't worry about it vtwhat... I'm pretty sure Buzz's coaching job tonight said more than enough.

BTW, can we get this man another Deacon head? Shocked that he's only got one...

I started a non-OGB boards poll on BSD if you would like to vote: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2013/3...acted]-be-retained-as-wake-forests-head-coach

Just so everyone else can see the results that doesn't register for this site.

Today was the most important day anyway (one chance to make a first impression and all).

Yeah, and again... I don't even know where tomorrow's ad is going to be in the paper.

I don't think its an atrocity but, we'll see...

Deacons are done, but the battle over [Redacted] is still raging

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com...t-the-battle-over-[Redacted]-is-still-raging/

As for [Redacted], he said he doesn’t read newspapers or the internet, and swears he’s oblivious to the increasingly heated discussion about his job status. One reason he seems so secure is that he still has the backing of the man who hired him – athletic director Ron Wellman – and that part of his job description was to clean up a program that saw numerous players run afoul of the law and university policy during the tenure of his predecessor Dino Gaudio.

Numerous players? During Dino's tenure?

star-wars-yoda-orly.jpg

Anyone regret doing 4? No one is going to be writing Wake stories tommorrow, and 4 could seem to be grandstanding. Got plenty of coverage out of 1.

Anyone regret doing 4? No one is going to be writing Wake stories tommorrow, and 4 could seem to be grandstanding. Got plenty of coverage out of 1.

Not really. There are enough facts to keep it going. Bz himself provided plenty of support for the cause with that horrific collapse against MD.

anyone see my buzzout sign tonight? center court, first row of the upper level. tall ginger drinking moonshine out of a water bottle...

After reading that Star article that was yet again another example of unfairly slandering former players and Dino; I am happy in the knowledge that there are more ads coming. Stick it in deeper and then TWIST it - HARD. If the so-called GOOD fans at Wake don't care about how unfair it is that Buzz keeps attacking Dino and his players, then why should we feel sympathy for Buzz? Unlike what Buzz is doing to Dino and company, Buzz is just having to face his ACTUAL, VERIFIABLE record.

And now I'm in a Twitter argument with LD Williams. So that's fun.

I discussed it with him as well. He said he and many former deacon bballers are disgusted and think it is filth.

Last edited:
looking for someone to post when they get a pic. It will be inside the sports section today.

Ill try to get a pic when I have my phone. With me on the way out. The ad is on the bottom of page 3. It shows Bzz's record in February and March since being at Wake.

Ill try to get a pic when I have my phone. With me on the way out. The ad is on the bottom of page 3. It shows Bzz's record in February and March since being at Wake.

I know what it looks like. lol. just want someone to throw a pic up.

The revisionist history of the Dino Gaudio era by the administration is what is truly Digusting. I understand there were some problems, but the way Wellman portrays it you'd think we were the late 80's Miami Hurricanes or UNLV or Early 90's Cowboys. I half expect Wellman to come out with a photoshopped picture of Dino as Tony Montana. Or tell us the whole team was found in a hot tub with Richard "the Fixer" Perry.

good grief

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/instant-analysis-wake-fans-caught-at-crossroads#

For fans of this once-proud program, so numerous and so loud at the Greensboro Coliseum despite the sad state of affairs, that’s hardly enough, especially when combined with [Redacted]’s quirky, quiet personality, a change of pace from garrulous predecessors Dave Odom, Prosser and Dino Gaudio.

When Harris hit a 3-pointer to give Maryland a 23-19 lead and force a Maryland timeout, the Wake fans went nuts, led by former walk-on and Wake Forest marketing professor Kenny Herbst, who made himself noticeable sitting -- nay, standing, almost the entire game as a one-man cheering section -- behind the Wake bench.

(Among Herbst’s published academic papers: “When good decisions have bad outcomes: Attenuating the effect of regret on switching behavior.” That isn’t about the [Redacted] hiring. It just sounds like it.)

ETA: The more I read this, the sadder this sounds. Herbst knows that the fan support is so foreseeably bad that he HAS to be a one-man cheering section. That he would choose to do that says so many good things about Wake Forest people (generally) and Kenny Herbst (personally), but the need for him to do that also says something else (that isn't good).

Last edited:
Back