• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

Now that all four ads have been published.... I want to say a huge THANK YOU from myself, strattocaster and vt. We couldn't have done this without you and the boards..

Again, lets spread this shit. This one HAS to blow up.

Credit to you for doing the yeoman's work. Thanks for taking action and doing a darned good job!

understand the sentiment, but I don't think it's the worst thing to pull Wellman into the Culture debate as he has culpability over the whole period and there are subsequent events post Bzzz. I don't think I'd want to be in his shoes debating this one, and if anything he should worry that the media can be armed with facts --- I wouldn't want to be in Wellman's shoe's period.

Thank you. This whole campaign has always been based on the facts. We wont to hear from Wellman. We want to hear what he has to say.

I mean, I'm not defending Wellman or trying to give him an out. The quote combined with the last three years (which include defections and Ty Walker, after all) is damning. All I was saying was what I thought RW's obvious response would be to the specific content of the ad.

understand the sentiment, but I don't think it's the worst thing to pull Wellman into the Culture debate as he has culpability over the whole period and there are subsequent events post Bzzz. I don't think I'd want to be in his shoes debating this one, and if anything he should worry that the media can be armed with facts --- I wouldn't want to be in Wellman's shoe's period.

This actually makes a lot of sense, too.

I mean, I'm not defending Wellman or trying to give him an out. The quote combined with the last three years (which include defections and Ty Walker, after all) is damning. All I was saying was what I thought RW's obvious response would be to the specific content of the ad.

There are too many facts about bzzz to use the argument anymore. He has to face this one.

Hypocrite! Hypocrite! Hypocrite! Fuck you, Wellman.

depends how you define culture. in a conventional definition, it's probably not bad. however r & b have defined it (partly) as wake relying exclusively on 4 yr guys.

i'd say having hypocrites run your program is bad clture

I haven't seen them say that. I recall something along the lines of making upperclassmen the foundation for our successful teams. Maybe I am just forgetting.
On the list of criticisms, this one doesn't register for me.
I also don't remember lots of criticism or comments of desperation for bringing in Hazime in football. Everyone seemed pleased we were bringing in someone that could address a need. This just seems like blind Bz hatred. There are plenty of other things to point to.

I'm going to reach out to handshake photographer this week

U think we should "paper" the campus with handshake flyers

bwahahaha nice

Helpful edit:

7:00 am:
- Walk Buzz
- Smile as he Bzfecates in the front yard of each Wake fan's yard up and down the street
- Slip a note under each front door and call each Wake fan from cell phone asking for donations
- When Wake fans come out, see what's in their yards and am met with an outcry as to the Bzfecation:

1) Deny it is there
2) Claim that it was left by Fred Flintstone's dog
2a) Simultaneously claim that it's not crap, it's culture
3) Profit

If you're looking for a laugh this morning, Braces is up to her old tricks on the Scout board.
Thanks. I'll paste it here for anyone looking for the textbook definition of lunatic fringe:
Well, I hate to tell you guys that the people **I** run into, including people at the ACC tourney, do NOT all hate Bz, and many think he is doing a great job w/ the bad hand he was dealt. All believe he should have one more year to use the talent he recruited to see if he can make a go of it.

And, come on guys, do you really think that WFU will throw away $$ by buying out 2-3 years on a contract? One year, maybe, but not 2-3. Ya gotta be a little smart about some of this.

A lot of the Bz supporters, including myself, have gone off the boards or are only occasionally lurking because of all the ludicrous venom that is constantly spewed from the board. Nothing positive is ever said w/o someone coming behind to poison it. Why would we want to continue to defend when we are getting dumped on by people who don't go to games, don't know the players, don't know the coaches personally, and generally just hate the win-loss record. **I** hate the win-loss record, but I am knowledgeable enough to know we've improved each year, we have gathered some reasonable talent that could serve us well the next few years, AND that the coaches and players believe in the present system.

No wonder no one ever says a positive word -- the flaming, lambasting, and generalized "sky is falling" from everybody is really a downer and no one wants to be part of all the screaming and wailing.

You made it into the Richmond Times-Dispatch sports section....for Shaka to read

Hope I've done you fellas proud.

Anybody who wants to disprove the culture argument just needs to look at the rest of RW's words on 4/7/10

vtwhat, high praise for your work. Not an easy thing to get the message across so clearly and effectively. Well done.

And agreeing: fellow Wake fans, if you have a few minutes go back and read what Wellman had to say at that 2010 presser. The disconnect between his statements then and the subsequent revisionist history is astounding.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040710aad.html

Not recommended for those with recent surgery or illness, high blood pressure, back, neck or bone injury, heart trouble, or for those who are pregnant.

This ad shines the spotlight even brighter on the fact Gaudio was canned primarily for reasons unrelated to wins and losses and makes it easier to spin the "culture change" narrative.

If that's true, it is also shining a light on the VERY SIGNIFICANT culture/integrity problem that is still serving as our Athletic Director.

Better imgur album link with Day 3 rotated:

http://imgur.com/a/5DIXt

Thanks!

It matters if you are local and close to Wake, if you are national and have no clue about the culture argument it doesn't matter. Andy Katz thinks firing Bzz was the wrong decision, I doubt he gives a crap about Wellman's culture argument. Most in the national media would just look at Bzz's record and say 'why is this guy still there', no matter what Dino did.

I think you meant to say Dino...

I'm going to reach out to handshake photographer this week

U think we should "paper" the campus with handshake flyers

images

Come on.. The plan has been put in place months ago.

A lot of the Bz supporters, including myself, have gone off the boards or are only occasionally lurking because of all the ludicrous venom that is constantly spewed from the board. Nothing positive is ever said w/o someone coming behind to poison it. Why would we want to continue to defend when we are getting dumped on by people who don't go to games, don't know the players, don't know the coaches personally, and generally just hate the win-loss record. **I** hate the win-loss record, but I am knowledgeable enough to know we've improved each year, we have gathered some reasonable talent that could serve us well the next few years, AND that the coaches and players believe in the present system.

I was really enjoying our nice 4500 square foot home at the country club until we found a couple of mice in the basement. So, of course, we burned the house down and then salted the earth around it. Had to get rid of the vermin- what would our neighbors think if they found out?!? You know, I think I saw a couple of blades of grass out in the yard out by the road. I don't think I'm quite ready to pay to have another house built, though. I couldn't be happier with the progress!

Hats off VTwhat! Love the efforts you put into this. Sincerely hats off.

:thumbsup:

Back