• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former USC and NFL RB Joe McKnight gunned down in New Orleans

Didn't watch but the press conference was apparently an embarrasment. Sherriff is pretty nutso. Was pissed that people were upset that the arrest wasn't made earlier, pounded his fist on the podium, quoted hateful comments the department recieved including the n-word. Basically bitched for the entire first half of the press conference.

As far as the case, they put together the story from all available video and a bunch of eye witness accounts. McKnight cut off Gasser, Gasser got road rage and started chasing McKnight in his car. McKnight notices and parks his car and gets out to confront him for said road rage. Gasser kills him because he felt threatened by McKnight's words. Also, there are reports that Gasser yelled at the dead body of McKnight after the shooting, which could've have caused the confusion of the initial false witness account that said Gasser stood over McKnight when he shot him.

so mcnight may have been apologizing about cutting the guy off

Didn't watch but the press conference was apparently an embarrasment. Sherriff is pretty nutso. Was pissed that people were upset that the arrest wasn't made earlier, pounded his fist on the podium, quoted hateful comments the department recieved including the n-word. Basically bitched for the entire first half of the press conference.

As far as the case, they put together the story from all available video and a bunch of eye witness accounts. McKnight cut off Gasser, Gasser got road rage and started chasing McKnight in his car. McKnight notices and parks his car and gets out to confront him for said road rage. Gasser kills him because he felt threatened by McKnight's words. Also, there are reports that Gasser yelled at the dead body of McKnight after the shooting, which could've have caused the confusion of the initial false witness account that said Gasser stood over McKnight when he shot him.

I don't think McKnight was apologizing, they were yelling at each other according to witnesses. But shooting McKnight 3 times wan't enough to quell his rage so Gasser may have had to yell at the dead body too something along the lines of "I told you I would fuck you up"

type of car he drives and his sunglasses and general appearance all suggest he was likely the instigator. since road rage has already been established, pretty obvious he killed the guy in a fit of rage. scared people do indeed run in their v8 audi or whatever that is.

Was staying out of the debate, and maybe I'm missing something, but how do sunglasses suggest someone was the instigator? Same question for "general appearance". Maybe I need to adjust my sarcasm meter.

Last edited:
Was staying out of the debate, and maybe I'm missing something, but how do sunglasses suggest someone was the instigator? Same question for "general appearance". Maybe I need to adjust my sarcasm meter.

wnojzpv4zbf0fs1ic4br.jpg

It's like you don't understand even the basics of how an investigation works.

What was unknown at the time of the shooting that would give them probable cause now that they know now? Probable cause is not a high bar. They knew he shot the guy. Definitely could have arrested him then. They just chose not to.

Where did you get McKnight was apologizing out of that?

This Gasser clown is clearly a fuckbag, but let's not make things up to make him look even worse.

We don't know if he was or wasn't. I think that's the point. People are assuming McKnight was picking a fight based on no information whatsoever.

What was unknown at the time of the shooting that would give them probable cause now that they know now? Probable cause is not a high bar. They knew he shot the guy. Definitely could have arrested him then. They just chose not to.

Pretty sure you wouldn't want to charge someone with Manslaughter if you think you've got a chance at at Murder 2 conviction.

Pretty sure you wouldn't want to charge someone with Manslaughter if you think you've got a chance at at Murder 2 conviction.

You can up the charges later.....If you think you can convict someone for Murder 2, there are no circumstances where you just let him walk away. That's clearly not what happened here. It makes no sense: we're going to let you go because we think we can charge you later with something more serious?

You can up the charges later.....If you think you can convict someone for Murder 2, there are no circumstances where you just let him walk away. That's clearly not what happened here. It makes no sense: we're going to let you go because we think we can charge you later with something more serious?

You have a statute that doesn't require a fear for his life and creates a presumption that he was in the right if he was in his car and alleges that there was an unlawful entry into that car. If you don't understand that an investigation was necessary to overcome those presumptions then I don't know what to tell you.

Back