• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Review / Bye Week and Army Game Thread

It is funny to me that people say things like "no excuse not to win". Wake is a 7 point favorite, which correlates to about a 70% chance of victory.

Not sure where you're coming from here. We are 5-2, competed admirably against FSU on the road, are coming off a bye, and are playing a service academy with inferior athletes (nothing against Army) that just lost to North Texas by 17. There really is no excuse not to win this game...

Not sure where you're coming from here. We are 5-2, competed admirably against FSU on the road, are coming off a bye, and are playing a service academy with inferior athletes (nothing against Army) that just lost to North Texas by 17. There really is no excuse not to win this game...

We should win, no arguing that, but I doubt our athletes are any more superior to their athletes compared to the last few times we've played them and it's been a dog fight. No excuse to lose, but if we don't play pretty well, we could lose.

The advanced stats like Army to cover the 6.5.

62% FEI
60% S&P+

My personal opinion is that we will win by double digits.

We should win, no arguing that, but I doubt our athletes are any more superior to their athletes compared to the last few times we've played them and it's been a dog fight. No excuse to lose, but if we don't play pretty well, we could lose.

I feel confident that we have superior athletes. Recruiting rankings:

2016 - Wake 60, Army 109
2015 - Wake 53, Army 121
2014 - Wake 65, Army 127

Where he is coming from is that Army is not Elon, the game will be competitive. If you think that there is no excuse for WF to lose this game, the money line is -265, meaning that you can put $265 to win $100 on WF straight up with no spread. Sounds like easy money if you are right. Army is a much better team than in the past few years. Their defense is solid, and they are experienced on both lines. Also, Army is coming off their worst game on the year (7 TOs), and when that happens, teams usually play well the next time out. Navy beat Houston two weeks ago; Ohio State lost to Penn State last week. In both games, the winning teams were far bigger underdogs than Army is tomorrow.

I feel confident that we have superior athletes. Recruiting rankings:

2016 - Wake 60, Army 109
2015 - Wake 53, Army 121
2014 - Wake 65, Army 127

Where did I say we didn't? I merely said I don't think they're anymore superior than they've been in the past when the games we really close.

Maybe I'm just too bullish on the Deacs. A loss to Army, at home, on homecoming would be pretty devastating to Clawson's rebuilding effort, in my opinion.

I think we can't look past them. We can't beat ourselves. Stick to our game plan. We need to protect the ball and not take any plays off. Take one play at a time. We need to execute. Play our game. Play Wake Forest football. Put the lumber on them. I may be forgetting something though.

Maybe I'm just too bullish on the Deacs. A loss to Army, at home, on homecoming would be pretty devastating to Clawson's rebuilding effort, in my opinion.

No it wouldn't. It would mean we lost a game that we have already done twice this season (Indiana and Duke were both similar favorites to us over Army).

It's a worse loss perception-wise, but we are still going bowling. Getting to where we are after where we were 2 years ago has been a fantastic turnaround.

No it wouldn't. It would mean we lost a game that we have already done twice this season (Indiana and Duke were both similar favorites to us over Army).

It's a worse loss perception-wise, but we are still going bowling. Getting to where we are after where we were 2 years ago has been a fantastic turnaround.

UVa and BC aren't sure things by any means, we've still got to get one more win. I know Clawson isn't talking about it and he's not letting the team talk about it and I understand why, but I just really hope we get #6 tomorrow and don't allow pressure to build to get the 6th win.

UVa and BC aren't sure things by any means, we've still got to get one more win. I know Clawson isn't talking about it and he's not letting the team talk about it and I understand why, but I just really hope we get #6 tomorrow and don't allow pressure to build to get the 6th win.

Even if we lose out we would almost certainly go to a bowl game at 5 wins given our APR score.

It's highly statistically unlikely that we will lose out. We are projected at 2.2-2.8 in our final 5 games.

That gives us a 3.33% chance of losing out.

Even if we lose out we would almost certainly go to a bowl game at 5 wins given our APR score.

It's highly statistically unlikely that we will lose out. We are projected at 2.2-2.8 in our final 5 games.

That gives us a 3.33% chance of losing out.

I guess if you get the chance you've got to go because of the extra practices and TV exposure, but going bowling with only 5 wins.....Facepalm

Where he is coming from is that Army is not Elon, the game will be competitive. If you think that there is no excuse for WF to lose this game, the money line is -265, meaning that you can put $265 to win $100 on WF straight up with no spread. Sounds like easy money if you are right. Army is a much better team than in the past few years. Their defense is solid, and they are experienced on both lines. Also, Army is coming off their worst game on the year (7 TOs), and when that happens, teams usually play well the next time out. Navy beat Houston two weeks ago; Ohio State lost to Penn State last week. In both games, the winning teams were far bigger underdogs than Army is tomorrow.

Maybe their worst game in 3-4 years.

And Temple thought there was absolutely no excuse to lose to Army at home....Army waxed them pretty handily.

Obviously and as we've seen first hand, these guys never quit.

1) I don't understand the first sentence. Losing to FSU and State on the road is a lot different than losing to Army at home.

2) Perception is pretty damn important. I agree that Clawson's efforts thus far have been very impressive, but a lot of the more casual (i.e. apathetic) fans in the seats for Homecoming are far from sold that Wake is on the way back. Losing to Army at home would undoubtedly be devastating from a perception standpoint.

I'm sure we won't find out until Saturday at 3:30 but any word on Hintons progress since Tuesday's quotes?

Army also lost to 2-6 buffalo at home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

1) I don't understand the first sentence. Losing to FSU and State on the road is a lot different than losing to Army at home.

2) Perception is pretty damn important. I agree that Clawson's efforts thus far have been very impressive, but a lot of the more casual (i.e. apathetic) fans in the seats for Homecoming are far from sold that Wake is on the way back. Losing to Army at home would undoubtedly be devastating from a perception standpoint.

Sorry, the first sentence is poorly written on my part. What I mean is that Army beating us would be the same as us beating Duke and Indiana on the road from a Vegas spread point.

Listening to Clawson's Show Wednesday night and based on an article in the Journal on the 25th, I'd be shocked if Hinton starts and at best 50/50 whether he plays at all. Makes you think there could be possible thought given to claiming a medical redshirt.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_24c6165d-e1d7-5a16-8b2f-769a19c8e2c0.html

It would be silly to mess around with a bowl season to preserve a medical redshirt year for a true sophomore especially with four QBs behind him in the pipeline.

Back