• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Doesn't his bloodline mean the two houses are already united, and wouldn't he be the next Targaryen in line to the throne (assuming the oldest male in the lineage)? Maybe what happens is....he finally bends a knee to her, she decides not to fight the WWs, and then they find out he's the true heir to the iron throne!

he is still a bastard in the Targaryen house as well

i guess all that gold will still be around

All the gold already made it back to King's Landing according to the elder Tarly (right before the start of the battle).

he is still a bastard in the Targaryen house as well

We don't know this for sure do we? It's feasible that R+L were married at some point when they ran away together. I don't know the logistics behind that entirely, especially considering he'd have to maybe get a divorce as well, but it would be weird for them to build up Jon this much just to ultimately have the big reveal just mean he goes from being a bastard of one family to the irrelevant bastard of another.

Also, don't forget Sam's Citadel mentor has mentioned that the one old maester kept incredibly detailed records, which is going to come in to play somehow. It's either going to involve some hidden white walker stuff or jons parentage since those are the only two big historical mysteries really out there.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there were targaryan rulers with more than one wife.

All the gold already made it back to King's Landing according to the elder Tarly (right before the start of the battle).

you are correct, i missed that when i watched.

We don't know this for sure do we? It's feasible that R+L were married at some point when they ran away together. I don't know the logistics behind that entirely, especially considering he'd have to maybe get a divorce as well, but it would be weird for them to build up Jon this much just to ultimately have the big reveal just mean he goes from being a bastard of one family to the irrelevant bastard of another.

i agree with this, we just don't know.

So while we are kind of on the subject, when we see Ned as Young Ned and he is consoling his sister who had been screaming up the tower, was that scream from childbirth or from being murdered or both? Why the hell was she out in the middle of nowhere in some tower having a baby? That whole bit is a tad vague with me.

So while we are kind of on the subject, when we see Ned as Young Ned and he is consoling his sister who had been screaming up the tower, was that scream from childbirth or from being murdered or both? Why the hell was she out in the middle of nowhere in some tower having a baby? That whole bit is a tad vague with me.

1) Child birth, she died giving birth.
2) She was being hidden/protected by Rhaegar, the crown prince at the time, because she was pregnant with his child (Jon).

1) Child birth, she died giving birth.
2) She was being hidden/protected by Rhaegar, the crown prince at the time, because she was pregnant with his child (Jon).

And so Ned concocts the bastard story in order to protect his kin. That makes sense. So who was the dude he was fighting right before that?

And so Ned concocts the bastard story in order to protect his kin. That makes sense. So who was the dude he was fighting right before that?

Ser Arthur Dayne - The Sword of the Morning. Best swordsman ever, according to Ned. Pledged to/hired by Rhaegar to protect Lyanna and keep anyone out of that tower.

Ser Arthur Dayne
To add to this, Rhaegar sent Dayne to the Tower of Joy (in Dorne) over remaining with him during Robert's Rebellion (or he was there near the end/Battle of the Trident). Robert Baratheon was pissed at Lyanna being kidnapped away from him and he would have killed the child had he found out about the birth so Rhaegar had the top swordsmen protecting Lyanna.

Robert killed Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident, which basically ended the Targaryen rule since Aerys was nuts and his living children were 4 (Viserys) and unborn (Dany).

Robert-Baratheon-Kills-Rhaegar-Targaryen-FEAT.jpg

Do we think they'll go more in depth into the symbols and mysticism/magical meaning behind the symbols at all? I always enjoy that kind of background. It's obvious the spiral has significant meaning as it's been displayed at multiple death sites where the WW took out a bunch of people, and also was surrounding the great tree where the Children of the Forest created the first White Walker/Night King. Would love just a bit more information on that, but I'm sure it won't be very detailed. And the ankh-looking symbol found in the cave was also in the very first minutes of the pilot episode. Really cool throwbacks.

Even if he is a bastard, if he is one of the only people in the world who is able to ride and control one of the dragons it will be significant.

Next week's preview shows Jon come face-to-face with a dragon and later shows him back at Winterfell (with Bran who knows all). I think he/others begin to learn next week that he can ride and control dragons. It may not be totally apparent he is a Targaryen next week, but the big secret begins to get unraveled.

Next week's preview shows Jon come face-to-face with a dragon and later shows him back at Winterfell (with Bran who knows all). I think he/others begin to learn next week that he can ride and control dragons. It may not be totally apparent he is a Targaryen next week, but the big secret begins to get unraveled.

agreed...this half season is finishing quick. next week could be really interesting.

So, just fyi, some folks deliberately avoid the next week previews so that everything is fresh. I request that folks use the spoiler tags when discussing the content of the previews for a future week's ep.

The atomic cloud in the preview for next week was pretty surprising. Looking forward to see who unleashed the A-bomb.

I assume that's a real life preview of our world.

Back