• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Found this while reading online, and it seems to give a possible answer for Jon's legitimacy as a Targaryen.

Since Rhaegar was already married, wouldn't Jon still be a bastard?
The evidence that Jon is legitimate is that Targaryens have a history of polygamous marriages which makes it a possibility that Rhaegar had two wives. Three Kingsguards were present at the Tower of Joy when Ned arrived. Even after Ned said that Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon were dead and Viserys had fled to Dragonstone, the Kingsguard opted to stay at the Tower of Joy stating they were obeying their Kingsguard vow. The heart of a Kingsguard's vow is to protect the king. With Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon dead, the new king would have been Viserys, unless Lyanna's child was legitimate making him the new king of the Targaryen dynasty.

Next week's preview shows Jon come face-to-face with a dragon and later shows him back at Winterfell (with Bran who knows all). I think he/others begin to learn next week that he can ride and control dragons. It may not be totally apparent he is a Targaryen next week, but the big secret begins to get unraveled.

Nah it shows him at Dragonstone with the table map and Varys and Dany

So, just fyi, some folks deliberately avoid the next week previews so that everything is fresh. I request that folks use the spoiler tags when discussing the content of the previews for a future week's ep.

and some people can't help themselves and just read all the scripts that got leaked and ruined it for themselves.

Not likely she's coming back, it seems they've stuck with Thoros & Beric leading the Brotherhood for consolidation purposes.

And was more than likely just an extra walking around in the background. And she appears twice because...why wardrobe two people just for the same purpose? Idk.

There was Alys Karstark in the town hall Jon held with the Lords of the North, probably the same girl.

Alys-Karstark-pledgefealty-to-Jon-Snow.jpg

Last edited:
#nerdalert

I like that they gave the karstark girl red hair when that was not a stark trait. Karstarks are related the the Starks so they are dark haired. It was a tully trait that sansa's mom had. Oops.

Why are people so hooked on this? Nobody wants to watch anyone just riding a horse or sailing a ship

I think it's just that it's such a departure from past seasons. For 6 years the stories have been a good bit of things that happen ON the journey, now all of a sudden everything is the destination.

Not a terrible development, but makes you wonder why they agreed to a truncated end/final seasons when they were going to stuff everything in.

And right now it makes it hard as a viewer to figure out where its going, which has never been an issue since there was source material.

All in all its just jarring.

Bran is going to warg as a dragon and kill Jaimie. This is based on them making a solid frame of Jaimie saying something about flying and pushing Bran out the window. My two cents.

My dick is rock hard.

gouda is forever labeled as an idiot for doubting this show. Plus, he smells like Limburger cheese. GROSS!

This show rules.

That it fucking does. It keeps getting better and better. They way they interweave/connect so many different storylines is just amazing.

Oh, and :

Found this while reading online, and it seems to give a possible answer for Jon's legitimacy as a Targaryen.

Since Rhaegar was already married, wouldn't Jon still be a bastard?
The evidence that Jon is legitimate is that Targaryens have a history of polygamous marriages which makes it a possibility that Rhaegar had two wives. Three Kingsguards were present at the Tower of Joy when Ned arrived. Even after Ned said that Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon were dead and Viserys had fled to Dragonstone, the Kingsguard opted to stay at the Tower of Joy stating they were obeying their Kingsguard vow. The heart of a Kingsguard's vow is to protect the king. With Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon dead, the new king would have been Viserys, unless Lyanna's child was legitimate making him the new king of the Targaryen dynasty.

:wiggle:

Back