• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

TAB: Bloodthirsty Imperialist and Dog Hater

what's next? you put your TP on the roll hanging in the back?

Like it makes absolute sense for Varys to turn on Dany. But not in a blink of an eye. Just a waste of his entire character they've spent 8 years developing.

Not really - he's never been loyal to any specific person and always goes where the tides take him.

thats the one

whom do you think he was plotting for in the early seasons?

He's supported Targaryen-rule the whole series and actually Dany even before her brother died. Just because he served under different regimes doesn't make him a waffling character.

knowing TAB probably not, but maybe he means the weirdos who treat their toy-breed dogs like little children and put them in strollers and shit?

Varys has supported like five different kings/queens during the show. He hasn't been loyal to Dany for "basically the whole show"

Yeah, what? He helped orchestrate the plot to try to kill her, and Jorah was initially his spy.

Varys has supported like five different kings/queens during the show. He hasn't been loyal to Dany for "basically the whole show"

so what? that doesn't mean he wasn't working towards the goal of putting a Targaryen back on the throne. he's a spymaster. stop comparing him to jon snow or ed start or whatever notion you have of noble intentions.

re: the assassination, he even stated he knew King Robert would be dead soon so "supporting" the assassination was just him covering in the meantime. by orchestrating he was in the position to be assured of its failure

Dogs are fucking awesome, screw you guys. I do agree that the Paris Hilton teacup terriers that live in women’s purses and poodles and golden doodles with $500 haircuts are horrible though, or rather their owners are. (Sorry, I have an all white wolf-husky mix named after Ghost.)

Dogs are fucking awesome, screw you guys. I do agree that the Paris Hilton teacup terriers that live in women’s purses and poodles and golden doodles with $500 haircuts are horrible though, or rather their owners are. (Sorry, I have an all white wolf-husky mix named after Ghost.)

RIP Ghosts' ear

so what? that doesn't mean he wasn't working towards the goal of putting a Targaryen back on the throne. he's a spymaster. stop comparing him to jon snow or ed start or whatever notion you have of noble intentions.

re: the assassination, he even stated he knew King Robert would be dead soon so "supporting" the assassination was just him covering in the meantime. by orchestrating he was in the position to be assured of its failure

He (via that creepy little kid) gives Jorah his pardon for being a spy. How would he have known that Jorah would go noble and save Dany a few minutes/hours later? The assassination would have definitely worked, otherwise.

Back