• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

But I must say, the death of the wildling (can't remember her name right off the top of my head) kind of surprised me. If this is all a ploy, then I can't imagine that the plan was for her to last less than 24 hours. Though, they must have known that was likely I guess.

I think it was just an assassination attempt (whether a larger plan or on her own accord). Umber got her into the castle and even if the plan didn't work, casts no aspersions on the Umbers. It had worked before, and was worth a shot.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope the end game is not just some battle with White Walkers. the political maneuvering is way more interesting than the threat of a zombie apocalypse. bor-ring.

I agree, if this all ends in them coming together to fight the white walkers that will SUCK. I don't really see how else it can go down if the final big battle involves white walkers however. If there was ever a show that didn't need to end happily ever after, this is the one.

I apologize in advance for this question. But where has Baelish been? He traded Sansa to the Boltons, right? She knows this and will hate him, right? I may be misremembering though.

I apologize in advance for this question. But where has Baelish been? He traded Sansa to the Boltons, right? She knows this and will hate him, right? I may be misremembering though.

he was in the last ep...getting the Knights of the Vale to march on Winterfell

He convinced her to marry him. Questions remain of exactly why he (truly) did it and if he knew Ramsey is a psycho. Sansa questions him on it in a preview.

I bet Rickon's dead body turns all the Northmen on Ramsay's side against him.
The season preview had Davos looking over a big battle with the Bolton signature upside down flayed/burning people. Could definitely see Rickon being killed and put on the Bolton cross in an attempt to destabilize Jon & co.

The season preview had Davos looking over a big battle with the Bolton signature upside down flayed/burning people. Could definitely see Rickon being killed and put on the Bolton cross in an attempt to destabilize Jon & co.

Seeing your avatar reminds me of one of my favorite subplots introduced recently - does Tormund think he's gonna get some action from Brienne, because I don't think she'll be reciprocating interest.

He convinced her to marry him. Questions remain of exactly why he (truly) did it and if he knew Ramsey is a psycho. Sansa questions him on it in a preview.

Littlefinger definitely knew Ramsey was crazy. Pretty sure that in the books, everyone knew Ramsey was out of control, even before he started chopping up Theon. The history with his dogs and his affinity for torture were common knowledge.

Seeing your avatar reminds me of one of my favorite subplots introduced recently - does Tormund think he's gonna get some action from Brienne, because I don't think she'll be reciprocating interest.

that girl wants some cock

its gonna happen

Quite the contrary, Brienne is very misunderstood. She wants to be loved, but has always been shunned by men (and women for that matter) because of her appearance. I thought the chapters highlighting the disparity/relationship between her and Jamie were some of the most well written, if not the most entertaining, of the entire series so far.

Now, whether she will choose to hook up with a wildling, I have no idea. Love hasn't really had a place in this show for quite a while now.

Last edited:
Agree with dv7. Townie still won't take the L but brienne will eventually take the D.

Read an interview with some of the cast earlier. Had a tidbit about the Tower of Joy. I'll put it in spoilers if people don't want future episode info.

An interview with the actor playing Young Ned Stark indicated he'll be back briefly in Ep. 6 before a bigger role in Ep. 10. So Ep. 10 looks to be the fleshing out of what happens inside the Tower of Joy.

Back