• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

lol whoops, sorry, a bunch of you already covered that.

ROWcVmC.jpg

Totally didn't think about this but after reading a recap of last night, Bran's direwolf dying was glossed over with what came afterwards but it's significant on its own. First, Bran is the second Stark child that must abandon their Stark attachments to finish their training, so Summer (and Hodor) dying is just one more huge step in that process. Second, the metaphor is that Summer is over with Summer's death. The Night's King gained access to the cave and there's nowhere safe to hide. Winter is truly closer than ever.

Totally didn't think about this but after reading a recap of last night, Bran's direwolf dying was glossed over with what came afterwards but it's significant on its own. First, Bran is the second Stark child that must abandon their Stark attachments to finish their training, so Summer (and Hodor) dying is just one more huge step in that process. Second, the metaphor is that Summer is over with Summer's death. The Night's King gained access to the cave and there's nowhere safe to hide. Winter is truly closer than ever.

I've read that when Stark children betray themselves or others they lose their direwolf. The only one it doesn't work for is Rickon.

With the show returning the Riverlands, I hope they include at least a cameo of Arya's direwolf doing something down there. Maybe it has it's own little hall of faces, where it takes on the appearance of a squirrel.

Can someone explain what is happening with the younger Stark girl? I really don't understand what is going on with her training.

Can someone explain what is happening with the younger Stark girl? I really don't understand what is going on with her training.

She's training to become an assassin who can change her face. What else is there?

Pretty crazy how little of Kings Landing we see now when it used to be half of every episode. So much good stuff going on, can't wait until some of it all comes together. Hope we don't see the walkers every episode, I still don't understand exactly what they are after or what their goal is. Still hoping it doesn't just end up being them vs. the world.

If this is a safe place for manly men to admit to shedding a tear or two, I'll confess that someone in my house was peeling onions too.

Karmically speaking, it was obvious something turrible was going to happen very very soon after a streak of fan pleasing events - Jon's rez and the charmingly sweet reunion of Sansa and Jon.

The discussion of having a Lost director is curious to me. In terms of audience payoff, GoT is the exact opposite of Lost.

As sad as the death of Hodor was, it was amazing tv and an awesome payoff that was 6 years in the building. Lost would've just killed him without a background story and had him show up at the end, talking normally.

ya, that was a big deal. We are down to 2 direwolves now?

I've read that when Stark children betray themselves or others they lose their direwolf. The only one it doesn't work for is Rickon.

Interesting theory

I also love how with everything that happened we havent discussed the origins of white walkers

Is there something else there? Is it Frankenstein esque and they lost control of their monster?

What about the tales of the Night's King being a former commander of the Nights Watch? And the Starks having to defeat him in alliance with the wildlings?

I also love how with everything that happened we havent discussed the origins of white walkers

Is there something else there? Is it Frankenstein esque and they lost control of their monster?

What about the tales of the Night's King being a former commander of the Nights Watch? And the Starks having to defeat him in alliance with the wildlings?

I don't get what the White Walkers want. What is their goal/what are they trying to accomplish?

Back