• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

....yeah.... that's gotta hurt. As well as smelling awful. That's one way to end an episode.

I was just getting settled in to watch when all that went down.

Was there an explanation of who the gold mask dude was?

The new religious sect? Why kill grey worm lookalike?

dani and her councilors discussed it right after the scene. they are the "sons of the harpy" (statue that was torn off the pyramid) and they are basically a "nationalist terrorist group" that is in the city and wants to over throw her rule.

I was confused with the opening scene of the young ladies in the woods. I thought the blonde girl was Myrcella and then it didn't make any sense for her to be talking about her father.

I was confused with the opening scene of the young ladies in the woods. I thought the blonde girl was Myrcella and then it didn't make any sense for her to be talking about her father.

Cersei mentioned in seasons past being told by fortune teller of the bad things to happen to her which is why she doesn't like Tyrion, etc.

oKfvmu2.jpg

Its Cercei. Old husband had a bunch of bastards. She had three. She is about to be put out power with the death of her father. Plus, the cut to her should tell you it was her flashback.

Right I should have said "I was confused until they cut to Cersei and then it made sense." Seemed like an odd opening scene but :noidea:

I believe the point of opening with it is to explain her paranoia regarding her children & probably partly explain her treatment of Marg and Sansa.

The other girl calls her Cersei at the end of that scene. I missed that the first time around. Makes much more sense now, especially with the talk of becoming queen and the children thing.

I believe the point of opening with it is to explain her paranoia regarding her children & probably partly explain her treatment of Marg and Sansa.

Also to show that she was a bitch since the day she was born.

I had heard that this season will actually pass the books, which is really going to bum out all the book nerds.

What will be interesting is if the books end up following the events on the show.

everything i have seen says this is the season where some of the storyline pass the books or diverge. there is still a ton of stuff in the two remaining books so they don't have to pass completely.

the show creators know where martin is going and the major point about how they get there. in that sense the book won't follow the show. what will likely happen is a ton of stuff will be left out of the show, as has happened all along, and the creators will be able to make the tv show a tighter entity with the ending in sight and the ability to not be beholden to what and how much is in the book if that makes sense. without giving any spoilers there were hints of a number of book story lines in s5 e1 last night that the creators have already killed and are moving forward without. that's not a bad thing.

Nobody on this thread GAF abt the books. Stop talking about the books. Go to the bookdork thread if you want to talk about the books.

If you want to talk about Khaleesi's boobies, do that here.

got0308-1793.jpg

Last edited:
the book nerds are the worst, you guys aren't impressing anyone by showing off on the no book thread

no book spoilers. feel free to change the thread title to "no book mentions or i'll cry like a little baby."

Last edited:
Back