• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Garden and Gun's Ultimate Southern Food Bracket

Holy cow, Shrimp and Grits and She Crab Soup in round one. Wow.

Pimento Cheese vs. Deviled eggs. This is harder than I thought.

#eatlesspantsfitfatty

oh man some of these are just not fair. sweets vs. sweets, and savories vs. savories would be a lot easier for me to choose.

Dumb way of laying it out. The fact that some of these cajun dishes that aren't that great could advance to the sweet 16 where things like Tomato Pie are gonna lose in the first round is just dumb.

I don't think I had a single agonizing choice, all were pretty clearcut for round 1. I am unfamiliar with boudin, so I have to put that on my to-do list.

The pimento/deviled and country fried steak/pecan pie were both like Sophie's choice for me.

I went pimento in that matchup since there are so many good variations of pimento cheese. My personal favorites are pimento cheese, bacon, and tomato open faced sandwiches that you broil and the pimento cheese burger at Milner's. I also like the pimento cheese you can get from Robert's in Wrightsville Beach.

I went Pulled, Mac (i prefer Turnips over Collards and if you've had
my moms mac n cheese, you wouldn't even hesitate), Cornbread (if
Brisket wins I'm giving up on the South), Bbq Hash (its delicious, a
staple in Augusta GA), She Crab (if you've ever had a great bowl of
this stuff you'll know its better than any shrimp n grit), Oysters,
Brunswick, Boiled pnuts, Tomato Pie (should have been up against
something else, Mater pie is a sweet 16 dish IMO), Deviled (this was
my first Sophie's Choice), CF Steak (my 2nd Sophie's Choice), Cobbler,
Catfish, Red beans, Boudin, Gumbo (the Cajun bracket sucks as a whole,
I'd vote for tomato pie over alllll of that stuff.)

all of the cajun stuff is great, the hell's your deal?

Because the food in the other 3 brackets is just soooo much better.

Btw, the fact that Calabash shrimp didn't make it is kind of upsetting to me.

If I'm fried okra, I'd be really pissed about the tournament seedings.

I went pimento in that matchup since there are so many good variations of pimento cheese. My personal favorites are pimento cheese, bacon, and tomato open faced sandwiches that you broil and the pimento cheese burger at Milner's. I also like the pimento cheese you can get from Robert's in Wrightsville Beach.

palmetto cheese is the best pimento cheese.

Fried Okra should be no lower than a 3 seed and gets the #1 overall seed?

How in the hell are you supposed to pick between peach cobbler and country ham biscuits. Jesus. That the toughest decision I've had to make in months.

Because the food in the other 3 brackets is just soooo much better.

Btw, the fact that Calabash shrimp didn't make it is kind of upsetting to me.

clearly you have never had good boudin. boudin destroys tomato pie. the real shame is a crawfish boil having to go up against boudin.

Drool. Poor tomato pie...fried chicken pwns.

How the hell is oyster po boy losing to red beans and rice?

Back