• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Garden and Gun's Ultimate Southern Food Bracket

clearly you have never had good boudin. boudin destroys tomato pie. the real shame is a crawfish boil having to go up against boudin.

I've heard that a good gumbo and a good boudin are insanely good when they are good. Most of my hate for food from cajun background comes from King Cake. That shit is disgusting.

I've heard that a good gumbo and a good boudin are insanely good when they are good. Most of my hate for food from cajun background comes from King Cake. That shit is disgusting.

:wtf: what the hell, did you choke on a baby Jesus or something?

thinks makes me want deviled eggs.

deviled eggs/pimento cheese was my toughest choice; ultimately went deviled eggs... so hard, though.

I have not had good king cake I guess. I was told that the king cake I tried this year was from the best place in Nola, I was unimpressed.

how the fuck did pulled pork and fried okra get paired in a first round matchup?

i like deviled eggs, but if you put pimento cheese in front of me, i will not stop eating until it is ALL gone. i also second whoever said that there are a lot of great varieties of pimento cheese (i love it on a burger).

dammit, now i think i'm going to have to make some pimento cheese tonight.

i like deviled eggs, but if you put pimento cheese in front of me, i will not stop eating until it is ALL gone. i also second whoever said that there are a lot of great varieties of pimento cheese (i love it on a burger).

dammit, now i think i'm going to have to make some pimento cheese tonight.

I was a late adopter of pimento cheese (which makes no sense to me because I love all cheese) but now I can't stop eating it. Finally had it on a burger about six weeks ago and now that's all I want.

Brunswick stew is not considered lowcountry. The battle goes on between Brunswick, GA and Brunswick, VA and for the record my mother has the best recipe for brunswick stew that you will ever eat.

whoa whoa whoa. deachoops. can you post/pin your pimento cheese recipe?

I was a late adopter of pimento cheese (which makes no sense to me because I love all cheese) but now I can't stop eating it. Finally had it on a burger about six weeks ago and now that's all I want.

Makes a great grilled cheese and omelette too.

whoa whoa whoa. deachoops. can you post/pin your pimento cheese recipe?

oh i don't do anything special. there are people who have WAY better recipes than i do. but in my opinion, anything homemade way, way, WAY exceeds store bought. a lot of the store bought stuff is just crap.

i really just do shredded cheddar cheese, shredded colby cheese, a (drained) jar diced pimento peppers, mayo, and salt/pepper. one of those "until it looks/tastes right" recipes.

there are some recipes that have WAY more involved, and probably taste better too. i'll eat anything though :)

oh i don't do anything special. there are people who have WAY better recipes than i do. but in my opinion, anything homemade way, way, WAY exceeds store bought. a lot of the store bought stuff is just crap.

i really just do shredded cheddar cheese, shredded colby cheese, a (drained) jar diced pimento peppers, mayo, and salt/pepper. one of those "until it looks/tastes right" recipes.

there are some recipes that have WAY more involved, and probably taste better too. i'll eat anything though :)

add jalapenos

I've made grilled cheese with it, but never tried the omelet. Will have to give that a go. Maybe with some bacon.

let me know when you try that omelet. i'm coming over for breakfast :)

Back