• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Serious question: do you honestly think this is not the case on the right as well?

I'll take that as an admission that I have described the behavior of the left accurately.

Hard to say but possible in the case of some individuals. The preponderance of the left liberal media and academia in the humanities would make such efforts more difficult by those not in agreement with the left. Today, in the western world the attempt to impose uniformity of thought is most obviously observable in those who are already in power in the left liberal media and academia.

But I get the point you're making. However, we can often disagree about what constitutes a "fact". You often end up with different sets of numbers that both sides can point to. And even if you agree on the numbers, you can still have a difference of opinion on the meaning of the numbers and how they should impact public policy.

Right, but there are also just so many things Trump says daily that are objectively false. People aren't ripping on Trump to the degree that they are because him and Hillary disagree on what tax plan is best going to stimulate the economy.

But I get the point you're making. However, we can often disagree about what constitutes a "fact". You often end up with different sets of numbers that both sides can point to. And even if you agree on the numbers, you can still have a difference of opinion on the meaning of the numbers and how they should impact public policy.

This is also true, that's why economic plans are often scrutinized but I have never seen a more wrong group of people than economists and all they deal in is numbers.

I'll take that as an admission that I have described the behavior of the left accurately.

Hard to say but possible in the case of some individuals. The preponderance of the left liberal media and academia in the humanities would make such efforts more difficult by those not in agreement with the left. Today, in the western world the attempt to impose uniformity of thought is most obviously observable in those who are already in power in the left liberal media and academia.

George Orwell was right ! Ignorance is bliss !

Trump has over and over again said things that are absolutely factually incorrect:

"My opponent has no child care plan"
"Hillary Clinton has 'not answered a single question' about her immigration plan"
"The number of illegal immigrants 'could be 3 million. It could be 30 million.'
"Inner-city crime is reaching record levels"
"Barack Obama 'founded ISIS. I would say the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton'"

That's just in the past month.

Trump has over and over again said things that are absolutely factually incorrect:

"My opponent has no child care plan"
"Hillary Clinton has 'not answered a single question' about her immigration plan"
"The number of illegal immigrants 'could be 3 million. It could be 30 million.'
"Inner-city crime is reaching record levels"
"Barack Obama 'founded ISIS. I would say the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton'"

That's just in the past month.

You don't think I could google "Hillary lies" and come up with tons of times she's lied?

Trump is literally treating idiots like idiots, and they are eating it up. It's insulting.

At least when Hillary is being patronizing, it's usually mired in back channels and complex political circumstances.

Last edited:
I truly believe that if the fact that smoking causes cancer occurred now in 2016 and not 50 years ago then the consensus that we have now would not exist.

Trump blatently lied about the birthers and 9/11 Muslims. Carson blatently lied about hiding classmates during riots and when he met Westmoreland. Their political party wants to deny gay rights and end abortion because of their Christian beliefs. Good luck squaring that circle.

HRC's a lying POS too, but she's also not the nominee of a party that wants policy driven by religious belief in a secular constitutional republic.

The problem in my eyes is that facts just literally don't matter anymore. There is no longer a definitive answer to questions. When people refuse to accept irrefutable evidence that something is X and not Y, it makes for a dangerous landscape.

CtDEqEMUEAAEsFF.jpg

DEBATE RULES: NO COUGHING BREAKS
**Exclusive**
Fri Sep 23 2016 11:30:40 ET

If presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton slips into a coughing fit or any other medical crisis during Monday's high-stakes debate, she will have to power through, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned!

"There are no commercial breaks," a commission source explains. "Period."

Debate moderator Lester Holt does not have the authority to cut away from the stage during the epic 90-minute showdown. And microphone audio for either of the candidates is not to be manipulated.

Clinton has experienced severe coughing episodes throughout the election year. During a Labor Day campaign stop she suffered a 4-minute choking marathon.

Monday's throwdown could top out at 100 million viewers, making it the biggest political event in history.

EDITOR'S NOTE: The presidential debate commission settled an early flashpoint when Clinton demanded a step-stool at the podium to add height to her 5'4" frame. Campaign Chairman John Podesta expressed concern that Hillary would be dwarfed by 6'2" Trump. The request was quickly rejected. The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature.
http://drudgereport.com/flashny.htm

The utter lack of respect and downright meanness that you and other Clinton supporters have shown for anyone who disagrees with you is what drove me to become the asshole you see before you. But deep down I still have nothing but love and tolerance for you and your beliefs.

The lack of respect and meanness, not by everyone but many on the Clinton side, toward those who disagree with them is certainly striking. As is the fear of being exposed to different points of view. Why are your views so fragile that their defense requires this kind of behavior?

I'd be lying if I denied that Donnie didn't shoot himself in the foot, over and over, throughout this campaign. He has not been politically correct and he's said a lot that I bet he wishes he could take back. The guy is playing to win at all costs, and while he wasn't my first, or second choice in the primaries, he is the guy who I hope dismantles HRC in the general election. While there is a very strong argument that Donald has played a part in our nation's division over the last year in a half, people are still accountable for their own actions, have every right to think for themselves and help themselves(for the most part).

My main point is the racial divide in our country didn't just appear out of nowhere when Donald Trump decided to run for office. The other view would be that President Obama has done little to nothing to help diffuse the racial tension in his presidential tenure. He's helped wage a war against LEO's, hes failed to put a process in place to eliminate some of the awful crime in Chicago, Illinois, where he happened to be a senator. He ran a campaign on hope and change, but most African American's I've spoken to about politics, don't feel that their race is in ANY better position than they were 8 years ago.

First of all, you are giving THE most intentionally divisive candidate since an avowed segregationist in 1968 a pass on his hate filled, racist, bigoted campaign.

As to Obama helping wage a war against LEOs, that is bob, 89, sailor, tintin crazy. He has done no such thing. It's a totally irrational statement that has no basis in fact.

He is the POTUS not the Mayor of Chicago or Governor of IL. That's THEIR job not his. Using your logic every crime committed in TX in the 00s was W's fault. Again, you make no sense.

First of all, you are giving THE most intentionally divisive candidate since an avowed segregationist in 1968 a pass on his hate filled, racist, bigoted campaign.

As to Obama helping wage a war against LEOs, that is bob, 89, sailor, tintin crazy. He has done no such thing. It's a totally irrational statement that has no basis in fact.

He is the POTUS not the Mayor of Chicago or Governor of IL. That's THEIR job not his. Using your logic every crime committed in TX in the 00s was W's fault. Again, you make no sense.

whatevs dawg. you do you, I'll do me, and we'll never do each other.

Back