• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good business expressions

Was in a strategy meeting a few weeks ago. The BCG person leading our porject joined about halfway through the day, she walked in opened her laptop bag and pulled out her own dry erase markers. When i gave her a look she asked what the look was for. I told her that breaking out her own dry erase markers was the most awesomely on brand thing i'd seen in a while

One time, the dry erase marker in my classroom was dry and one of my students pulled out four markers and asked me if I wanted to borrow one.

I used to work for a bank out in the region, far away from the corporate office where we had a lot of autonomy. The bank decided to centralize quite a bit so I got pulled into the consultancy world for the first time. The first time I heard someone use the phrase “parking lot” as a verb my mind kind of exploded. Fast forward 12 years or so and I work with consultants all the time and I’m immune to it. I’m guilty of using a solid 20% of the phrases on this thread and I hate it.

I used to work for a bank out in the region, far away from the corporate office where we had a lot of autonomy. The bank decided to centralize quite a bit so I got pulled into the consultancy world for the first time. The first time I heard someone use the phrase “parking lot” as a verb my mind kind of exploded. Fast forward 12 years or so and I work with consultants all the time and I’m immune to it. I’m guilty of using a solid 20% of the phrases on this thread and I hate it.
I’m gonna +1 that

I use +1 here all the time. And on defector

I’m gonna +1 that

I use +1 here all the time. And on defector
+1 verbally for some reason just hits different (in a bad way)

Also consultants being just good at PPT is hilariously on point. It’s more like they just have a great library of decks but overall, yeah.

Someone on the boards said something about a possum or raccoon trying to find a grape seed in a pile of shit. I’m going to look that one up and use it in my next meeting. I’ll report back. I predict the owners will laugh while everyone else wonders what the hell does that means.

Survived the kickoff (I will not name the firm but they have been namechecked on this thread). We got a PPT that was barely updated telling us everything we’re going to do as they “support” us. Some things never change. Nothing in writing, everything in PPT. We could condense the “workstream” meetings if you’d just give us a list of terms, idiots.

I got looped into some big project with HR and production managers & supply chain and the phrase "move their cheese" has come up a lot. I have never read that book but apparently I'm the only one on these calls who has not.

Oh onion, how I love thee....

I got looped into some big project with HR and production managers & supply chain and the phrase "move their cheese" has come up a lot. I have never read that book but apparently I'm the only one on these calls who has not.

And you aren't missing a thing. Summary: Change is good, mmmm 'kay.

my manager's old manager used to ask a question and then would follow up with "the question behind the question," which was almost never a real question (usually some sort of concern she had about a blocker we needed to be solving/considering)

like motherfucker if you want to make a point just do it, you're wasting everyone's time

Reading all this BS makes me cringe and thankful that I was able to get out early. Unfortunately, it also means I'll wake up in the middle of the night with some from my days.

"That sounds like a solution in search of a problem"

My CEO is a big fan of “tigers don’t hunt squirrels” and i kinda heart it.

Back