• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good business expressions

I work for a brewery as some of you know and on the marketing team and we’re always talking about “the occasion” as in times/situations in which the consumer is drinking. Seems to be standard industry speak.

I work for a brewery as some of you know and on the marketing team and we’re always talking about “the occasion” as in times/situations in which the consumer is drinking. Seems to be standard industry speak.
5pm is the occasion

Sounds better than “while people are getting wasted” !!!

For most small breweries it’s easier to get a small can line or rent one when doing a packaging day. I don’t know the exact reason of the 4 vs 6 packs but i guess it’s what sells.

I was in the label industry before this and we sold a shit ton of can labels in 2020 when breweries had to pivot to selling only packaged beer. For some smaller ones they had never canned before. And it’s much cheaper to get blank cans and labels as the can companies require big minimums for printed cans.

Some I hate are "establish a beach head" or "crisp 1-pager".

I personally like to use "home and hosed" to confuse people - they can't tell if that is good or bad.

I suspect it’s pricing. 4 for $12 is easier to swallow (pun intended) than 6 for $18

hah okay I feeling better about my biz talk exposure. Thankfully there isn’t much internally (just clients) maybe because we’re headquartered in Europe.

Back