• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gotta love Clawson

Love the energy. Love "Deacon Time" thing. It's a simple thing, but a great way to emphasize what he's looking for from everyone.

Yeah "culture" in that article meant "work ethic."

I liked "Deacon Time" and everyone showing up for weekend workouts in the weight room. The quote about only 10 guys showing up on weekends last year is pretty damning for Grobe. He had checked out, as we all feared.

What I pulled from that article is that the team is pretty awful. Clawson needs a long leash...several years. This is a total rebuild.

No doubt. WE FINISH was obviously the brain child of the Fresh Deacs, and when they left that attitude left with them. The last five season we didn't have too many coaches or players that really cared if we won or lost.

It's going to be so weird going into a football game knowing that Lobo won't be calling the plays.

And by weird I mean amazingly awesomesauce

tumblr_n3c0xeMDrp1rbj206o2_500.gif

I can't even imagine how bad we would have to be, and how long for, before I would start to get negative about Clawson. I'm not sure it's possible to generate more goodwill in a short time than he has.

And there were still some donks hating on him right until the intro presser.

People got so fixated on Lembo, because he never took over a program in terrible shape and thus had a better W/L record. I really looked at his record and concluded he would be the better fit.

I think the part about Saturday voluntary lifting sort of tells you everything you need to know about how the program got fat and happy after the Orange Bowl. You don't put in the work and you can expect 4-8 seasons.

Wake just added TJ Haney that's the first for 2015, great get for Clawson and staff!

Normally I hate when fans look at a hire and say it's a great hire before they even play a game (see UT fans) but shit what he is done with recruiting and general tone of the program. So much energy, I don't think he will fix things right away but I think in 3-4 years we will say it is one hell of a hire just like we think today.

I think the part about Saturday voluntary lifting sort of tells you everything you need to know about how the program got fat and happy after the Orange Bowl. You don't put in the work and you can expect 4-8 seasons.

Exactly. You didn't need to be an insider to see it on the field.

I can't wait for the spring game and to see how different it is from last year. Remember how this time last year we were hearing how Lobo was revamping the offense BUT we weren't gonna run any plays from it in the spring game to keep it secret. Haha. The game was the ugliest display of football I've ever seen and there was no energy whatsoever. Right then and there anyone with a brain knew that change was needed and the season only reinforced the obvious. Looking forward to seeing a real offense and a festive atmosphere at the game later this month.

Normally I hate when fans look at a hire and say it's a great hire before they even play a game (see UT fans) but shit what he is done with recruiting and general tone of the program. So much energy, I don't think he will fix things right away but I think in 3-4 years we will say it is one hell of a hire just like we think today.

well he's no lembo

Reading between the lines of that article, it's even more clear that Grobe had lost the ability to motivate the team the last couple years.

And left the cupboard pretty bare. It's going to take another year or two of good classes before we are even close to a level field from a talent/depth standpoint with the teams we need to beat in the ACC.

Wake was at its best when Grobe and Prosser were here a the same time. They supported each other's programs. I think it was kind of like a they feed off the excitement and had a person to just bounce stuff off of. Hope Claw and Manning establish that. Maybe some of the done turn in football came from Grobe having Buzz to bounce ideas off of????

Back