• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greensboro/High Point Restaurant Recs

TexasDeac10

Alphonso Smith
Reaction score
I have a sister graduating from High Point in May and the family has charged me with finding a restaurant for dinner.

I suspect we're probably better just getting out of High Point and going to Greensboro. Thoughts? Any good places in either city? Looking for something $$ or $$$, and contemporary takes on American fare are probably best. Surf and turf's a little boring.

Outside of the box recommendation: Dames

Excellent chicken and waffles joint. Cool atmosphere, too.

Marisol, in sedgefield, is incredible. More French than American but great. I have heard that MJs on dolley Madison is good but have not been there myself. I enjoy green valley grille and print works, too.

Stay in HP and go to Blue Water Grille

I will third this - great food. If you know someone in High Point, the String & Splinter Club (private city club) is very, very good. Hamptons at the JH Adams Inn is good. Just outside HP and in between there and Gboro is Southern Roots in Jamestown - I haven't eaten there since they left the JH Adams Inn (before Hamptons moved in), but it was good then so I assume it still is (same owners).

I will third this - great food. If you know someone in High Point, the String & Splinter Club (private city club) is very, very good. Hamptons at the JH Adams Inn is good. Just outside HP and in between there and Gboro is Southern Roots in Jamestown - I haven't eaten there since they left the JH Adams Inn (before Hamptons moved in), but it was good then so I assume it still is (same owners).

I have not eaten at Southern Roots but a co-worker of mine spoke very highly of it.

Should have also mentioned southern lights. Awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Undercurrent in downtown Greensboro is good, quite pricey though.

If you want to really get out of the way for one night's dinner, you should go down to Saxapahaw and hit up the General Store. If you are here for multiple nights that is. For just one night's dinner, I would go with one of the other suggestions like Green Valley Grille, 1618, or Liberty Oak.

Back