• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#GrobeOUT

Two of BC's three touchdowns were the result of great field position due to WF fumbles. Our offense could have hardly been worse. I don't feel like that game should have been a toss-up.

Yeah, ACC road games are just always a challenge (any conference road games are for mediocre teams IMO). The teams are virtually tied on Sagarin right now (one spot apart, and within half a point of each other) which includes half of Wake's data points running some form or variant of the option offense. I said it on another thread, maybe even this one, that we would be around 55-60 in Sagarin easily if we had run this offense all year...that would be the third or fourth best team under Grobe.

Two of BC's three touchdowns were the result of great field position due to WF fumbles. Our offense could have hardly been worse. I don't feel like that game should have been a toss-up.

If they don't score those 1st half TDs (27 and 22 yards), and Grobe throws for a TD instead of the dive play before halftime, then that game is ours. We'd be 6-2, have a bowl locked up, and playing for a year like '07, to build on.

Based on Wake's athletic performance, if they were a public corporation, they would be insolvent...

'til he's gone. And then some.

#GrobeOut

#CleanHouse

How can you keep a guy on your staff that has failed at every job you have given him? Terrible OL coach. Terrible OL recruiting. Terrible OC. Consistently his offense has ranked in the bottom of the nation. Tanner Price is the best QB we have and he is terrible. We have not even recruited a replacement QB and the other QBs on the roster are worse than Tanner! Failure at every turn! Yet he keeps LOBO and even promotes him!!!!!!!!!

How can you keep a guy on your staff that has failed at every job you have given him? Terrible OL coach. Terrible OL recruiting. Terrible OC. Consistently his offense has ranked in the bottom of the nation. Tanner Price is the best QB we have and he is terrible. We have not even recruited a replacement QB and the other QBs on the roster are worse than Tanner! Failure at every turn! Yet he keeps LOBO and even promotes him!!!!!!!!!

Just an FYI, you accidentally posted this inside an existing thread rather than starting a new thread. May want to get on that.

This part is just not true. I've been as big a critic of Grobe and Lobo as anyone but today was not on coaching at all. It was a hell of a game from a coaching vantage point. We just got beat because Miami outmuscled us and punched one in at the end of the game.

You and the entire world knew we would lose at the end. So predictable. We always blow it. It is not a hell of a game when you pass almost every single play of the second half. Zero clock management by our oc.

Now today and it is season over.

It's November in the ACC. What goes along with that? Grobe and co failing to win when it counts.

In all fairness, Lobo wasn't a poor OL coach, when that was his only duty. The OL didn't really start sucking until he added the OC duties. Then he was terrible at both.

Definitely Grobe out. All good things come to an end. Wake will always be grateful for the ACC Championship and OB game. Deacon Tower doesn't get built without that success. The program is going backwards fast and if we don't get ahead of it, we'll be in the toilet for a long, long time.

As a side note, does Grobe need to wear a headset? Cant say I've seen him talking in to it every time they show him on TV this season.

If Hatch and the board have any interest in athletics they get Wellman's retirement and allow the new AD to bring in Grobe and Bz's replacements. This has to end this school year.

If Hatch and the board have any interest in athletics they get Wellman's retirement and allow the new AD to bring in Grobe and Bz's replacements. This has to end this school year.

Another former shill has turned.

Another former shill has turned.

Not even close to being accurate. I STILL think the public protests and personal attacks on Bz are beyond stupid. I still have trouble believing that those posters are actually Wake people.

Back