• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hatch And Board Of Trustees

Unless there has been a huge combined effort to misinform a lot of people in the know Bz is gone. We need not get riled up. We didn't accept the CBI, the players are basically speaking of him in the past tense, and all informed insiders tell us (in have had a few in the know tell me on the phone) that the decision was made a couple of months ago.

Bz is gone. Relax.

A few months ago, as in before we beat State, Duke, UNC, and won the first round of the ACC tourny, baby!111!!!!1!!1!1!

Why have you continued to give? I do not understand why people did this.

Because they love Wake Forest and want to support it. Simple.

Those who give should not judge those who choose not to. And vice versa. It's kind of a personal thing.

After the Buzz hire, his retention, and the statements and behavior of Ron Wellman, no one in their right mind in either President Hatch's office or the Board of Trustees would allow Wellman to act on his own in making a major hire or any major decision. I don't believe Wellman was on his own in making the Clawson hire - there were plenty of hints that Hatch and Buddie were heavily involved - and I don't believe that Wellman is on his own in dismissing Buzz and hiring a replacement for him. The university simply cannot afford to keep piling up poor publicity and losing fans and donors based on Ron Wellman's behavior. Wellman, it would appear, will be allowed to retire soon with some dignity but he will be on a short leash until he does. No other explanation makes any sense at all. The people running Wake Forest University are not stupid but they have allowed way too much independence to Ron Wellman, and they now have to take it back. Otherwise, they will face a storm of controversy, one which they could not possibly want.

This all sounds great and everything but is there any fact here or merely opinion? I'd like to think any university would have oversight for their AD but there may be a few rogues out there.

If he is gone, why allow a rumor to flourish that he isn't gone? John Feinstein is very respected. He spoke on campus not too long ago. He wouldn't run with such info from a BOT member's cousin's barber.

Potential coaches are waiting for this job to open up whether they are coaching this weekend or not.

If he is gone, why allow a rumor to flourish that he isn't gone? John Feinstein is very respected. He spoke on campus not too long ago. He wouldn't run with such info from a BOT member's cousin's barber.

Potential coaches are waiting for this job to open up whether they are coaching this weekend or not.

Good take. That is what scares me about this rumor. I cannot believe it, but.......

This all sounds great and everything but is there any fact here or merely opinion? I'd like to think any university would have oversight for their AD but there may be a few rogues out there.

It's my opinion (in my optimistic moments). I don't have any inside information, I am just trying rationally to put together a best case scenario based on very uncertain and fragmentary information. This is probably the best case. In reality things could turn out far worse.

It may be that Feinstein is simply trying to push Wellman to declare publicly that Buzz is gone. Buzz is literally a stain on the map of college basketball and an affront to all those who have worked very hard and put in years of effort to build solid teams and programs. Buzz does not deserve the Wake job and never did. Just about everybody knows that and it's in the best interest of the game to dump this arrogant impostor ASAP. Wellman needs to be flushed out (and then down).

We've been told that Hatch and the BOT have demanded that the bzz error end, spurred by the negative impact our coaching situation has had on the Wake Will campaign. ($$$ talks much louder than ads, billboards, letters, etc.)

Ron is probably pouting worse than a two-year-old at being TOLD what to do. While I fully believe he will comply with the Fire Bzz edict, that's not going to stop him from dragging his feet and taking care of this in his own sweet time. After all, he's busy, very important, and not to be bothered with little details that can wait. He likes to be in control, and putting our coaching situation on a slow boat to China allows him to feel more in charge.

Those who give should not judge those who choose not to. And vice versa. It's kind of a personal thing.

I'm not mad at him for giving. But if the goal was to effect change, continuing to donate money wasn't going to help.

Sure, but if someone has given anything over the past ~2 years, then they don't have much credibility to complain. They are an enabler. It is like someone complaining that their brother is a drunk when they are the one buying him beer.

President's Office
Phone: 336.758.5213

Call it. Make sure they know we are watching.

So.... How did the conversation go with President Hatch?

Clearly I'm not going to get an audience with him, but his assistant is certainly going to let him know if she is getting overwhelmed with calls, especially if they are all singing the same refrain.

Got it. So what did the assistant say when you called?

She took my message and said that they had gotten a number of calls, letters and emails saying the same thing.

I basically told her that I am proud of my Wake Forest degree, but that everytime I tell someone that I went to Wake, their response is, "What happened to them?" While that has no bearing on the school's excellent academic offerings, it is the easiest way to access the general public. For people who have no other connection to the school, it's going to be the lasting impression they have.

Sure, but if someone has given anything over the past ~2 years, then they don't have much credibility to complain. They are an enabler. It is like someone complaining that their brother is a drunk when they are the one buying him beer.

I didn't buy my brother beer. I gave him money to help with feeding the kids but he used some of it to buy beer.

I'm pissed at him but I still love his family.

Back