• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hatch in Atlanta: Wake Will event

No. I actually have a work thing. Pretty apathetic anyway, given the lack of any news on the basketball front.

First time poster - long time lurker. The complete mishandling of this situation has me so frustrated that I had to post.

Interestingly Hatch was in Atlanta the day Gaudio was fired. I am hopeful history repeats itself so yes, I am going.

First time poster - long time lurker. The complete mishandling of this situation has me so frustrated that I had to post.

Interestingly Hatch was in Atlanta the day Gaudio was fired. I am hopeful history repeats itself so yes, I am going.

I can think of one way this WAKE WILL campaign can start drumming up donations. If they are smart, they will have Clawson and the new bball coach (Assuming Wellman doesnt f up again) take the reigns and campaign like hell.

I'll be there. I have no idea how these regional launches have worked (or how this one will), but I have a feeling basketball will not be brought up or allowed to be brought up (unless, of course, we all get the press release/conference we have been waiting for tomorrow before 6).

Clearly the state of the basketball program is a huge issue, but unfortunately only a symptom of broader issues.

Even more glaring:

- Admissions - change in the culture of the school

- Administrative Bloat - The numbers are staggering including Hatch making $1.4 million.

- Faculty Pay

- Outpacing inflation increase in tuition

Hatch's job should also be in re consideration at this point.

At these events Dr Hatch does not field any questions. You will have to make an ass of yourself during the cocktail hour if you can peel Dr Hatch away from the big donors

Clearly the state of the basketball program is a huge issue, but unfortunately only a symptom of broader issues.

Even more glaring:

- Administrative Bloat - The numbers are staggering including Hatch making $1.4 million.

- Faculty Pay

Even more glaring:

- Faculty Pay

Wake Forest: School in Decline

school in flux and not toward a sustainable model. headed to no man's land and this will show up in the giving. running the school for very few large donors is not going to work for Wake and that is what is happening.

Don't mess with Hatch. He will give a non answer. Talk to Mitt Shah or Janice Story. Both are on Board of Trustees.
Both are big supporters of Wake athletics and have been big donors to the department. Interesting to get their take. Sure it will be generic but more of a chance in getting wind direction from them than Hatch.

Back