• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

My team is going to bomb and not promote back up to IV this year. Not sure what to do with this team. Thinking I am going to change strategies or shift to a 9 man defensive training regimen. I just have no ability to generate any attack whatsoever. I have two strikers, one Titanic and one World Class scoring, and when I play them together in a 5-3-2, my best attack rating I can get is a Solid. When I play one to wing with an attacking winger, I occasionally get a Formidable attack rating. But, neither of these are good enough to sustain. Thinking I need to be able to move to a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 to give my self options and the ability generate something.

I need to win my last match to promote, and the guy is head and shoulders better than me - its an away match and I am assuming I lose 3-0 at best - which stinks because I have given up 0 goals in the first 13 matches.

Bummer.

I'd definitely consider moving away from an optimized training regimen - having some PM/Attack favored formations is a good idea. The profits just aren't there anymore with so many ways to improve training speed with coaches and assistants. Also, one could argue being more competitive is better for finances than optimal training (and more fun).

This season, I've been running 3-5-2, 4-5-1, and 5-3-2/5-4-1 CA. It gives me the tactical flexibility to be competitive in every match but training is more of an afterthought. Especially when it is Cup time, I concern myself with winning first and training second.

Httd (or anyone checking this) want to take a look at my opponent and next match and give me any pointers? I don't think I stand much of a chance, but right now I am MOTSing a 5-3-2 - playing both wingbacks defensively to counter whichever wing he focuses on, playing one CD offensively to help out my midfield. Here is my team if it helps with suggestions or to tell me I have no chance:

Wingbacks:
(1) Titanic defending, weak everything else
(2) Titanic defending, passable wing, passable playmaking, brilliant set pieces

Central Defenders:
(1) (Offensive CD) Brilliant defending, Outstanding playmaking
(2) Titanic defending, passable passing
(3) World Class defending, inad playmaking (homegrown talent for additional bonus)

I am playing my best 3 midfielders in the middle:
(1) Extra-Terrestrial playmaking, outstanding defending, formidable wing, weak passing
(2) Supernatural playmaking, passable wing, solid passing, inad defense
(3) Brilliant playmaking, formidable wing, passable defense, inad passing

And I am playing my only real strikers up front:
(1) Supernatural scoring, solid passing, passable wing, weak playmaking
(2) World class scoring, inad wing, inad passing, weak playmaking

Should I go all out and buy a really good striker and move out the WC guy (I am going to have to at some point anyway since he is 31 years old)? I just sold a starting defender for $2,000,000 so I am sitting on $5.5 million in cash.

Match ID - 510703602
His team ID - 226112

I finished 4th in IV.55 (Canada) and III.12 (USA) to avoid qualification matches entirely. I'm very happy with those results.

DaDeacs - sorry to see your final match outcome wasn't great.

Yeah, had to figure I had no chance, that guy was just stronger across the board - tried to CA to get the lead early and then fall back to a shell with some subs, but never got a score.

I'm just jumping back in to Hattrick for the first time in four years. What do I need to know that has changed?

Is playing five midfielders and training playmaking still the default beginner strategy? Any and all advice is appreciated

I'm just jumping back in to Hattrick for the first time in four years. What do I need to know that has changed?

Is playing five midfielders and training playmaking still the default beginner strategy? Any and all advice is appreciated

Maybe some of the better coaches will weigh in here, but I think either Playmaking training or Keeper training is the way to start off. And I might lean Keeper training early on because you can generate cash a little quicker and when you are ready to switch to PM or scoring or defending or whatever, you will have a crazy good keeper that will be solid until he is like 32.

Maybe some of the better coaches will weigh in here, but I think either Playmaking training or Keeper training is the way to start off. And I might lean Keeper training early on because you can generate cash a little quicker and when you are ready to switch to PM or scoring or defending or whatever, you will have a crazy good keeper that will be solid until he is like 32.

Ahh right, I think I did start on keepers last time too before switching to PM. The big change I noticed is with the new staff system where you're limited on how many you can hire across all categories.

Any thoughts on the optimal strategy there?

I forgot how miserable the 4th place schedule is to start the season - @ 3rd, vs. 1st, vs. 2nd. All amidst a [hopefully successful] cup run.

Both my squads finished 4th last season..

Just catching up - glad to have you back, Mystery. Having a sensible training plan is always a good idea, but training for profit is more difficult these days. 1) Market prices are way down for most positions 2) Training speeds are the highest they've ever been with the new staff system.

Good news is that it's easy to assemble a halfway decent team on a budget.

Ahh right, I think I did start on keepers last time too before switching to PM. The big change I noticed is with the new staff system where you're limited on how many you can hire across all categories.

Any thoughts on the optimal strategy there?

Starting somewhat fresh, I'd go 3x Assistant, 1x Medic, 1x Spokesperson. Probably level 3 across the board so you aren't breaking the bank. Eventually, you will want higher levels and when you're ready to compete I'd highly recommend a form coach for one of the assistants.

And re: training - as always, midfield is king :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was really surprised by the players I was able to get with the initial 300K that you get to start. I've decided to train keepers so that I could spend the rest of my money on outfield players.

What do you think is the optimal strategy with the new staff system?

I forgot how miserable the 4th place schedule is to start the season - @ 3rd, vs. 1st, vs. 2nd. All amidst a [hopefully successful] cup run.

Both my squads finished 4th last season..

What. The. Fuck.

In Canada, those first three opponents are ranked #1, #2, and #4 in ALL of Canada IV by HTEV. Jesus. We are by far the most difficult series at that level.

Pretty much decided I am going to switch to playmaking training once I get my 3 my YA guys trained up to studs in defense (maybe one more season).

I just can't figure out how to generate a decent midfield, and tired of not getting any scoring chances because my midfield is consistently too low.

Haha wow

That pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for me...~$140 for a game?

Way to price out your small client base, dicks.

Back