• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you been paying attention to the last decade of Men's Basketball?

no, and I don't much care

and I won't care either until we finally get a decent coach, who will recruit some currently, not historically, competitive players, so we can have something to care about

We didn't just lose to Liberty, they kicked our ass.

I know we didn't lose to Colgate, Marist, Mercer (barely), or Radford. I don't remember if we lost to Winthrop or Liberty. I don't even remember playing Samford so I guess we didn't lose?

I was at the Liberty game, we for sure lost that one. Part of danny's 0-4 start.

We're five days away basketball season. Since discussion and interest appear low, let's play a game and ramp up the excitement. Credit to bmoney for this idea:

Below is a list of 20 teams we've played in the last 9 years. Without google or viewing other responses, can you correctly identify the wins and losses?
It's not necessarily a 10W/10L split; we played a few of these teams multiple times since Fall 2010.

Colgate - W
Delaware State - W
Drake - L
Gardner-Webb - L
Georgia Southern - L
Hampton - L
Houston Baptist - L
Iona - L
Liberty - L
Marist - W
Mercer - W
Nicholls State - W
Presbyterian - L
Quinnipiac - W
Radford - W
Samford - W
Stetson - L
UNC-Wilmington - W
Winthrop - L
Wofford - W

We're five days away basketball season. Since discussion and interest appear low, let's play a game and ramp up the excitement. Credit to bmoney for this idea:

Below is a list of 20 teams we've played in the last 9 years. Without google or viewing other responses, can you correctly identify the wins and losses?
It's not necessarily a 10W/10L split; we played a few of these teams multiple times since Fall 2010.

Colgate-W
Delaware State-L
Drake-W
Gardner-Webb-L
Georgia Southern-L
Hampton-W
Houston Baptist-L
Iona-L
Liberty-L
Marist-W
Mercer-W
Nicholls State-W
Presbyterian-L
Quinnipiac-W
Radford-W
Samford-W
Stetson-L
UNC-Wilmington-L
Winthrop-W
Wofford-L

I promise I didn't look at the other replies. Think thats right

Colgate W (11-8-2013)
Delaware State L (11-28-2014)
Drake L (11-17-2017)

Gardner-Webb (split) W (12-18-2011) L (12-29-2018)
Georgia Southern (split) W (11-16-2011) L (11-10-2017)

Hampton W (11-15-2010)
Houston Baptist L (11-23-2018)
Iona (two losses) L (11-17-2012) L (11-21-2014)
Liberty L (11-14-2017)

Marist W (11-23-2010)
Mercer W (11-19-2012)
Nicholls State W (11-24-2014)

Presbyterian (split) L (12-21-2010) W (11-15-2013)
Quinnipiac W (11-18-2017)
Radford (two wins) W (11-9-2012) W (11-11-2016)
Samford W (12-14-2014
)
Stetson L (11-12-2010)
UNC-Wilmington (split) L (12-12-2010) W (12-21-2011)
Winthrop L (11-22-2010)
Wofford L (1-2-2012)

Total record: 13-13

Shit, Drake was the 3rd loss to start 2017. Forgot that we subsequently beat Best In Prayer and UNCW, as you are not supposed to remember wins like that if you are an ACC school. I was at school and most of the games in the beginning of the Prosser era, and I could't name most of the nonconference wins that weren't against P5 schools. I remember SC State because they had Moses Malone Jr.

Colgate L
Delaware State L
Drake L
Gardner-Webb L
Georgia Southern L
Hampton L
Houston Baptist L
Iona L
Liberty L
Marist L
Mercer L
Nicholls State L
Presbyterian L
Quinnipiac L
Radford L
Samford L
Stetson L
UNC-Wilmington L
Winthrop L
Wofford L

Thanks to this ACC Network horseshit, it's extremely unlikely that I'll go through all the extra effort to try to find a Wake basketball game and watch it. I assume The B1G game and a handful of conference games (e.g. @ Duke) will be on national TV. So I'm good for catching a few minutes of 3-4 games and holding out hope that Currie removes his head from his ass and fires Manning as soon as the ACCT ends.

Mostly guessing. I had the good fortune to live abroad throughout most of our basketball black hole.

Colgate - L
Delaware State - L
Drake - W
Gardner-Webb - W
Georgia Southern - W
Hampton - W
Houston Baptist - L
Iona - L
Liberty - W
Marist - W
Mercer - W
Nicholls State - W
Presbyterian - W
Quinnipiac - W
Radford - W
Samford - L
Stetson - L
UNC-Wilmington - L
Winthrop - W
Wofford - W

Really only going to catch an early game to see the new uni's that sport the much better look of the past with "WAKE" above the numbers and "FOREST" below.

So sad.... used to live and die Wake hoops.

Hey, Wellman :fu:

Thread title

Last decade or lost decade?

Colgate
Delaware State
Drake
Gardner-Webb
Georgia Southern
Hampton
Houston Baptist
Iona
Liberty
Marist
Mercer
Nicholls State
Presbyterian
Quinnipiac
Radford
Samford
Stetson
UNC-Wilmington
Winthrop
Wofford

Great game. Answer - lost to all of them?

Colgate - W
Delaware State - L
Drake - L
Gardner-Webb - W
Georgia Southern - W
Hampton - W
Houston Baptist - L
Iona - L
Liberty - L
Marist - W
Mercer - L
Nicholls State - W
Presbyterian - W
Quinnipiac - W
Radford - L
Samford - W
Stetson - L
UNC-Wilmington - W
Winthrop - L
Wofford - W

My guess

Here is what the answers should be:
Colgate W
Delaware State W
Drake W
Gardner-Webb W
Georgia Southern W
Hampton W
Houston Baptist W
Iona W
Liberty W
Marist W
Mercer W
Nicholls State W
Presbyterian W
Quinnipiac W
Radford W
Samford W
Stetson W
UNC-Wilmington W
Winthrop W
Wofford W

My live and die with Wake Forest basketball ended when we lost to West Virginia in 2005 NCAA. I still cared about it until Cleveland St. Since then, I haven't really given a shit. I'll check it our if a game is on TV and I'll go to a game if someone gives me tickets and a parking pass but I won't make any effort.

Back