• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Help me with Watches

Whats a good entry level watch for a grad student/young profesh? Right now im rockin a Fossil from 7th grade so as you can imagine, I need to upgrade.

I'm partial to Ball watches- railroad heritage swiss automatic movements and really cool tritium tubes that light up. $1K entry level starting price but well worth it.

http://www.ballwatchusa.com/

I'm partial to Ball watches- railroad heritage swiss automatic movements and really cool tritium tubes that light up. $1K entry level starting price but well worth it.

http://www.ballwatchusa.com/

Spending 1K on a watch seems kind of crazy to me. I've always thought there was a "No-Man's Land" of watch prices from $500 ~ $4000 meaning anything in that range really isn't worth the money. ~$4000 seems to be where you can start to get into a Rolex (albeit used) or Omega - something with lasting appeal and actual value. Currently, I wear an military Timex with various straps to keep it interesting, so take that for what it's worth. At this point I'm holding out for a Submariner.

Spending 1K on a watch seems kind of crazy to me. I've always thought there was a "No-Man's Land" of watch prices from $500 ~ $4000 meaning anything in that range really isn't worth the money. ~$4000 seems to be where you can start to get into a Rolex (albeit used) or Omega - something with lasting appeal and actual value. Currently, I wear an military Timex with various straps to keep it interesting, so take that for what it's worth. At this point I'm holding out for a Submariner.

Dammit - I wanted to make a 6 figure bonus joke, but then realized you're the wrong CaliforniaDeac

Tissot has a bunch of great watches for the young professional type.

I agree, and even us old professionals like this brand of reasonably priced but expensive looking Swiss watches.

Tissot watches @ Tourneau

Tissot Web site

Tissot PRC 200 purchased at an airport store for 200 Euros.

images

lol@watches. Unless your company makes you check your phone at the door, who wants a watch?

All I'm saying is, I bet RJK loves watches.

Unless your company makes you check your phone at the door, who wants a watch?

Lots of people.

Smartphone: everyone has one-even little kids, costs $80+/month, needs constant charging, out of date in a year or two, bulky compared to a watch, not waterproof

Nice Swiss watch: many unique styles-each one is distinctive, one-time cost, doesn't need winding or charging, never goes out of style and lasts a lifetime, can be worn comfortably all the time, waterproof

:D

Last edited:
Back