• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here's what this season's 16-team playoff would look like:

The question is where are they going to play their games. Is it just going to be at the better seed's stadium or neutral sites picked before the season has started?

The question is where are they going to play their games. Is it just going to be at the better seed's stadium or neutral sites picked before the season has started?

HFA (prior to, perhaps, the championship) would be where the real advantage would be in stonz scenario re:the SEC title game and its significance. I don't think Alabama would have been phased too much by the difference between playing NIU/Arkansas St.

I prefer some form of playoffs to the BCS but I don't think I'd go to 16.

16 would be perfect but not if you include every trash conference. Those teams should have to meet some minimum formula standard to get an invite.

That would be great. 16 teams is perfect. It gives anyone that should be given a chance, a chance....and like someone said, it gets rid of the 5 week prep time for the finals. I never understood why people thought that was good.

Auto bid (conference winners)
At-large

1) Notre Dame
16) Tulsa

8) LSU
9) FSU

4) Oregon
13) Utah St

5) Kansas St
12) Louisville

3) Florida
14) Wisconsin

6) Stanford
11) Boise St

7) Georgia
10) NIU

2) Alabama
15) Arkansas St

Would love to hear the BCS lovers deny how awesome this would be.

I hate the BCS and really want a playoff, but I really fail to see why we would need to have to witness games like Oregon v. Utah State, UGa v. NIU, and Alabama v. Arkansas State. For football I think 8 is probably the optimal number.

Yeah, I just don't see making a team like Bama play a team like Ark State in a glorified scrimmage and risking injury.

Yeah, Tulsa, Arky St., NIU, Boise, and Wisky should be out.....there should be an exception for teams on probation, we could call it the SEC Clause, that way tOSU could get in....then fill out the remaining spots with at large bids.

Back