• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

Asians are more recent immigrants and the US has always had a very selective immigration policy from Asian countries.

I'm curious how they code race for a household because Asian women are most likely to be in interracial marriages among race/gender groups. If they code any household with an Asian as Asian, then it may include a lot of households with a white make primary earner.

How much you got? (A: That much).

agreed, it will cost a lot of money. it is going in the wrong direction for the last 10-15 years, tbh. the current administration is about the skull fuck it more, especially Devos and her charter and private school crap. public school will be a cesspool and left way behind. a bunch of money grubbing and hate of poor and minorities.

1. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos - unqualified for the position (even said as much to Senate by saying she would not be getting the job if her family did not give 200 million to GOP)

2. Trump trying to cut 14% out of the education budget.

3. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Scott Pruitt - POS (http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/facts-trumps-epa-nominee/). It’s often said that of all the published scientific research on climate change, 97% of the papers conclude that global warming is real, problematic for the planet, and has been exacerbated by human activity...this brainiac is part of the 3%, and some of his other crap is ridiculous.

i can't even continue...they want to dumb down America and Trump followers are ok with it.

oh yeah...

cutting 22% of NIH funding for research.

National Science Foundation (NSF) would be cut by about 11%

cut government funding for the US Food and Drug Administration by 31%

etc...

So cutting back on spending. Got it.

agreed, it will cost a lot of money. it is going in the wrong direction for the last 10-15 years, tbh. the current administration is about the skull fuck it more, especially Devos and her charter and private school crap. public school will be a cesspool and left way behind. a bunch of money grubbing and hate of poor and minorities.

Not sure which is worse, charter schools or private schools. What kind of person would favor competition in education when the government can provide for all our needs.

We need to try this for other things like healthcare.

Asians are more recent immigrants and the US has always had a very selective immigration policy from Asian countries.

Primarily selected for ability to work long hours on railroads for low pay and little food.

If there is one thing Democrats are good at, it is finding ways to spend someone else's money.

and spending it more efficiently. trump is on pace for over 500 million in spending compared to 97 for Obama.

just saying.

Last edited:
Not sure which is worse, charter schools or private schools. What kind of person would favor competition in education when the government can provide for all our needs.

if only rich people can get in them...what maybe 10% of Americans.

why exacerbate the issue? maybe spend some of that money on public schools?

health care should be priced per people's vices. if you smoke, you pay twice what i do. if you are a fatty, you pay twice what i pay. uncontrolled diabetes or cholesterol, pay up lazy bones. if you're on crack or other hard drug (Bob), pony up tweeker. not dna testing for family history (that is wrong), but...

Last edited:
if only rich people can get in them...what maybe 10% of Americans.

why exacerbate the issue? maybe spend some of that money on public schools?

health care should be priced per people's vices. if you smoke, you pay twice what i do. if you are a fatty, you pay twice what i pay. uncontrolled diabetes or cholesterol, pay up lazy bones. if you're on crack or other hard drug (Bob), pony up tweeker. not dna testing for family history (that is wrong), but...

Interesting. Making people pay for bad choices. I could go for this.

May have about 95% of all Americans paying high prices and a few skating by on the cheap. Unfortunately, I think your plan hits the poor the hardest. Must be a Republican plan.

Lol

Amazing what immigrants can do when they aren't brought here as slaves or treated like they were.

education is one of the best ways to spend tax dollars - read an economics book

Primarily selected for ability to work long hours on railroads for low pay and little food.

Or for relocation to internment camps.

Remember, according to our ace ethnicity reporter RJ Karl, Asians (and Jews) are hard-wired for excellence in education. This is why we need to make it harder for them to get into good schools. We can't suffer this excellence.

In the future, I would appreciate it if you would talk less about how Asians are able to succeed in this country, despite not having white privilege. It makes the other parts of my belief system harder to prove. Please and thank you.

Amazing what immigrants can do when they aren't brought here as slaves or treated like they were.

As a reminder, this country fought a World War against Germany, Italy and Japan. We dropped Atomic weapons on two Japanese cities. I'm sure they have their complaints, too.

Carry on.

Back