• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

Arguing against the obvious benefits of two parent households is the essence of insanity.

I beg you to find a post anywhere on this message board where someone argues that a single parent household is more beneficial than a two parent household.

At the moment, persons of Asian descent have more white privilege than white people do. Damn these identity politics. If I didn't know better, I would begin to think that they weren't a reliable policy solution. Thankfully, the Board Left keeps me on course. It's all about that privilege.

You know fuck all about the experience of asian americans. I don't know much either but I sure as shit know more than you, and your shitpost attempts to deny the experience of some of my close friends and claim that they had greater privilege than a white kid who grew up in W-S.

At the moment, persons of Asian descent have more white privilege than white people do. Damn these identity politics. If I didn't know better, I would begin to think that they weren't a reliable policy solution. Thankfully, the Board Left keeps me on course. It's all about that privilege.
What

You know fuck all about the experience of asian americans. I don't know much either but I sure as shit know more than you, and your shitpost attempts to deny the experience of some of my close friends and claim that they had greater privilege than a white kid who grew up in W-S.

He has no clue what white privilege means.

As a reminder, this country fought a World War against Germany, Italy and Japan. We dropped Atomic weapons on two Japanese cities. I'm sure they have their complaints, too.

Carry on.

What is this post?

Surely JHMD didn't just compare fighting imperialistic fascist regimes to committing genocide/enslaving people.

Wait, now I'm terribly confused. They aren't succeeding because of white privilege? But I have been repeatedly assured that the only way to succeed in this super-raciost country is to possess this magical white privilege, the possession of which guarantees success in all ventures and the absence of which is a total bar to a living wage. You mean that's not true after all? But, but, but, I've been told that a) completing your education, b) making responsible choices about the structure of your family and c) taking available work isn't a policy solution. Townie keeps saying so. I don't get it. Do you mean to tell me that the statistics demonstrate that Asians are irrefutably doing that, and it's...working? Oh, so it's only a policy solution if you actually try it. Will wonders never cease?

Your next challenge is recognizing sarcasm the next time you see it. The last encounter evidently didn't go so well.

If you think for a millisecond I believe that Asian Americans are experiencing success because of some magic pixie privilege dust, you need to resign as a reader.

Last edited:
Wait, now I'm terribly confused. They aren't succeeding because of white privilege? But I have been repeatedly assured that the only way to succeed in this super-raciost country is to possess this magical white privilege, the possession of which guarantees success in all ventures and the absence of which is a total bar to a living wage. You mean that's not true after all? But, but, but, I've been told that a) completing your education, b) making responsible choices about the structure of your family and c) taking available work isn't a policy solution. Townie keeps saying so. I don't get it. Do you mean to tell me that the statistics demonstrate that Asians are irrefutably doing that, and it's...working? Oh, so it's only a policy solution if you actually try it. Will wonders never cease?

Your next challenge is recognizing sarcasm the next time you see it. The last encounter evidently didn't go so well.

If you think for a millisecond I believe that Asian Americans are experiencing success because of some magic pixie privilege dust, you need to resign as a reader.

Interesting. So Asian American's success is at least in part due to their culture that prioritizes the "JMHD virtues" and has little to do with racism.

I wonder if that might be the case for any other Americans. Probably not. Asians are likely the exception. Most likely racism for all others.

lol, what a garbage post...no offense jh

Asians, by average, are harder workers than Americans. after working in a number of research institutions i would say that is not a debate.

having said that...white privilege is still alive and well. i don't think that can be debated either.

ITT: jhmd argues that chemo therapy doesnt help people quit smoking

Interesting. So Asian American's success is at least in part due to their culture that prioritizes the "JMHD virtues" and has little to do with racism.

I wonder if that might be the case for any other Americans. Probably not. Asians are likely the exception. Most likely racism for all others.

So you think all minorities face the same racism?

So an article and graph that highlights that supply side economics is a sham, deregulation of the finance sector contributes to the demise of middle class wealth, and largely static wages have left hard working Americans in worse shape than previous generations spurs jhmd and his crumbsnatchers to pounce on the opportunity to use the Asian data in a clumsy and hackneyed attempt at dismissing social inequality in America. Great work, guys. It must suck to see the results of your messiah's (you know, the one who sold arms to terrorists and lied to you about it) giveaway to the one percent yielding nothing for the middle class he lied to.

The article and graph is about working Americans. Working. That you have to launch into your two parent screed reveals your lack of answers, or balls.

lol, what a garbage post...no offense jh

Asians, by average, are harder workers than Americans. after working in a number of research institutions i would say that is not a debate.

having said that...white privilege is still alive and well. i don't think that can be debated either.

I am sure Townie will be along shortly to remind you that effort is #notapolicysolution. When he does, be sure to ask him which Senate and House bills we can credit for this demonstrable success in the Asian-American community. I hope he lists them chronologically, so we can see what #policysolutions our government can offer us to teach us how to raise our own families and work. If the government doesn't do it, it can't be done.

Can we just move past the two-parent household "disagreement" and focus on what the actual disagreement is: whether certain policies are more or less likely to encourage or facilitate two-parent households?

There is a difference between describing what factors seem to hurt or help groups of people and identifying policies, laws, or regulations that encourage or discourage these factors. That's why everyone always gives you a hard time about the two parent household issue, JHMD. Although, I suspect you know that.

It's about the same as a few people on here pointing to the Republican Party as the party of Lincoln to show why a group of people in 2017 would have agreed with another group in the 1860's while continually ignoring the fact that ideology and political party have shifted considerably over time.

To be fair, the number of workers in a household is relevant in a discussion of household income.

Can we just move past the two-parent household "disagreement" and focus on what the actual disagreement is: whether certain policies are more or less likely to encourage or facilitate two-parent households?

There is a difference between describing what factors seem to hurt or help groups of people and identifying policies, laws, or regulations that encourage or discourage these factors. That's why everyone always gives you a hard time about the two parent household issue, JHMD. Although, I suspect you know that.

It's about the same as a few people on here pointing to the Republican Party as the party of Lincoln to show why a group of people in 2017 would have agreed with another group in the 1860's while continually ignoring the fact that ideology and political party have shifted considerably over time.

The "disagreement" is much deeper than that. Help me understand who exactly the omnipresent, incessant privilege/oppression narrative empowers or encourages? What's the utility of the persistent condemnation of our system (which is serving Asian-Americans better than anyone)?

Just end all tribble majors , they're generally useless today. Asians aren't going to school to be English majors, their parents won't allow it.

Back