• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hire Randolph

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
A true WFU legend who knows the game , can talk the talk and walk the walk. Chill will be able to recruit without you know who poisoning his efforts. He is a winner and the ultimate competitor. Xs and Os are overrated and he knows enough through his playing days ( he was a coach on the court). Tim Duncan would probably reconnect with WFU. If we can't hit a home run with Shaka, Chill would be a good hire. I know I'm going to catch a lot if grief for posting this , but I know a lot of people who agree with me. Go Deacs.

He's nowhere near ready and it would be a disservice to his legend.

Danny Manning is more qualified? Two years at Tulsa? I'm not impressed. He left NC for Kansas when Larry Brown made his dad a place as an assistant coach ( with no prior coaching experience). All Chill has to do is sign a few recruits from NC and things will be fine.

If we're going with an untested alum, Fuller would be a much better choice. Of course, neither is ready right now.

Danny Manning is more qualified? Two years at Tulsa? I'm not impressed. He left NC for Kansas when Larry Brown made his dad a place as an assistant coach ( with no prior coaching experience). All Chill has to do is sign a few recruits from NC and things will be fine.

Is a guy who has won a conference championship and made an NCAA Tournament as a head coach (plus been on the bench for an NCAA title at Kansas), more qualified than a guy who was an assistant for three of the worst seasons in Wake Forest history? Why don't you answer that.

These are the types of threads that really do a disservice to the boards. Foolish.

Should have quit when you were behind. Manning was Self's assistant at Kansas for years and has two years of HC experience. Randolph? Let's end this right here.

Jesus, no wonder Wellman is retarded. It apparently is in the water.

Is a guy who has won a conference championship and made an NCAA Tournament as a head coach (plus been on the bench for an NCAA title at Kansas), more qualified than a guy who was an assistant for three of the worst seasons in Wake Forest history? Why don't you answer that.

These are the types of threads that really do a disservice to the boards. Foolish.
Bullshit. Your logic means Pat Kelsey is one game from being as qualified as Manning. The only difference is that Wintrop lost in the conference championship game. Let's go hire Mercer's coach. Manning hasn't done shit yet as a coach.

Bullshit. Your logic means Pat Kelsey is one game from being as qualified as Manning. The only difference is that Wintrop lost in the conference championship game. Let's go hire Mercer's coach. Manning hasn't done shit yet as a coach.

I'm not going to debate this with you.

Have fun in your ignorance.

Pat Kelsey is also a lot more qualified than Randolph.

He could hire Odom as his assistant for a couple if years like Bennett did with his dad at Washington. I just hate to see us hire Manning- unless he were to keep Chill as an assistant

Washington State, not Washington. Exactitude matters.

Back