• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hire Randolph

Experience wise- yes. I would support that hire too.

Chris Ellis could be an assistant under Drum. Get john buck on board too. Then we can fill assistant 3 with chill

Chris Ellis could be an assistant under Drum. Get john buck on board too. Then we can fill assistant 3 with chill

Only if Tony Rutland is the coach they can sit on the bench with McFarland, drum and buck. Chill running AD. Dream team written all over it.

Adding Chris Ellis as the 3 pt coach. Straight knuckle balls draining all over the place.

Rutland & Braswell together again. No drama there.

You stupid fuckers are probably too young to have seen Chill play at WFU. He was very good as a freshman and great his other 3 years. If we strike out on this hire you will be wishing Chill was the coach .

You stupid fuckers are probably too young to have seen Chill play at WFU. He was very good as a freshman and great his other 3 years. If we strike out on this hire you will be wishing Chill was the coach .

Really? He was good, huh? Did he single handedly win his team a natty? Because if we're going by playing experience, Manning kinda trumps Chill. Manning also played in the NBA, and as a starter to boot. He spent 9 years on Bill Self's bench as an assistant, versus one year on Buzz's bench. And now he has two years of experience as a HC, versus no years of experience.

I'm not gonna be happy if we get Manning because I think we are settling. Both VT and BC filled their vacancies with better candidates. However, it is borderline insane to take Chill and just make him a coach. I guess you have some hope that Chill can somehow instill the fire, spirit, and skills he displayed 20 years ago into the kids that play for him. That's a nice hope, but it's a fool's hope, just as it is a fool's hope to think that Danny Manning is going to turn all our big men into clones of him.

Your theory blows goats. Face it.

False. I will not be wishing we had hired Childress. I think we all would love to have Chill as our head coach. Is he ready? No. And because of that, if he fails, his legacy will be tarnished. Sure, there's a chance he goes, gets HC experience, comes back, and fails. But the time isn't right for him to take over. But consensus, I believe, that we'd love to have him after he got some experience.

Also, don't get so up in arms about something when you said you'd get flack for it.

Bullshit. Your logic means Pat Kelsey is one game from being as qualified as Manning. The only difference is that Wintrop lost in the conference championship game. Let's go hire Mercer's coach. Manning hasn't done shit yet as a coach.

So because you're not impressed with Manning's accomplishments as a coach you want us to hire someone who has accomplished far less? Jesus Christ you're an idiot.

A true WFU legend who knows the game , can talk the talk and walk the walk. Chill will be able to recruit without you know who poisoning his efforts. He is a winner and the ultimate competitor. Xs and Os are overrated and he knows enough through his playing days ( he was a coach on the court). Tim Duncan would probably reconnect with WFU. If we can't hit a home run with Shaka, Chill would be a good hire. I know I'm going to catch a lot if grief for posting this , but I know a lot of people who agree with me. Go Deacs.

One day my friend, I would love to see this happen. But not this year. Childress is not experienced enough to take on a div 1 program as a HC. Maybe 5,6,7 years from now yes, I feel like he would be an awesome hire. He has the demeanor of a head coach already and there isn't a wake fan that wouldn't want to see Childress as the head coach of Wake in the future. But this is not the year, even he knows he has more learning to do.

Really? He was good, huh? Did he single handedly win his team a natty? Because if we're going by playing experience, Manning kinda trumps Chill. Manning also played in the NBA, and as a starter to boot. He spent 9 years on Bill Self's bench as an assistant, versus one year on Buzz's bench. And now he has two years of experience as a HC, versus no years of experience.

I'm not gonna be happy if we get Manning because I think we are settling. Both VT and BC filled their vacancies with better candidates. However, it is borderline insane to take Chill and just make him a coach. I guess you have some hope that Chill can somehow instill the fire, spirit, and skills he displayed 20 years ago into the kids that play for him. That's a nice hope, but it's a fool's hope, just as it is a fool's hope to think that Danny Manning is going to turn all our big men into clones of him.

Your theory blows goats. Face it.

There was never any hope

One day my friend, I would love to see this happen. But not this year. Childress is not experienced enough to take on a div 1 program as a HC. Maybe 5,6,7 years from now yes, I feel like he would be an awesome hire. He has the demeanor of a head coach already and there isn't a wake fan that wouldn't want to see Childress as the head coach of Wake in the future. But this is not the year, even he knows he has more learning to do.

This. I love Chill, one of my all-time favorite Deacs, and most fans would probably say too. But we're not in a good place as a program, that's part of what's fueling heated debates no matter whose name comes up, and for that reason Chill right now, at this time, would be unfair in many ways, including to him.

Danny Manning is more qualified? Two years at Tulsa? I'm not impressed. He left NC for Kansas when Larry Brown made his dad a place as an assistant coach ( with no prior coaching experience). All Chill has to do is sign a few recruits from NC and things will be fine.

Yeah, he's 1000 percent more qualified. Look at the time he spent as an assistant at a great program and he has 2 years of successful head coaching experience. I love Chill to death, but do you really want to setup a Wake Forest legend to fail like that? Syndey Lowe and Matt Dougherty say hello.

Back